Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK extraction
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK extraction Post 302132468 by summer_cherry on Friday 17th of August 2007 05:02:56 AM
Old 08-17-2007
awk

Hi,
Hope this can help you.

Code:
awk 'BEGIN{
j=1
l=1
RS=""
FS="\n"
}
{
for (i=1;i<=NF;i++)
{
  if($i ~ /Host/)
  {
	host[j]=substr($i,8,length($i)-8)
  	j=j+1
  }
  if ($i ~ /SID/)
  {
  	sid[l]=substr($i,23,length($i)-23)
        l=l+1
  }
}
}
END{
for (k in host)
{
print host[k]
print sid[k]
}
}' a

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk gods, I need your Help! Fancy log extraction

Hi! I'm trying to find a way to extract a certain amount of lines from a log file. This would allow me to "follow" a web user through our log files. Here is a sample fake log file to explain what i want to accomplish : BEGIN REQUEST sessionID=123456 boatload of lines for thread-1 detailing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnagus
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK extraction

Hi all, I have a data file from which i would like to extract only certain fields, which are not adjacent to each other. Following is the format of data file (data.txt) that i have, which has about 6 fields delimited by "|" HARRIS|23|IT|PROGRAMMER|CHICAGO|EMP JOHN|35|IT|JAVA|NY|CON... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris2107
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extraction of text using sed or awk command

Hi All, I need to extract 543 from the command below : # pvscan PV /dev/sdb1 VG vg0 lvm2 Total: 1 543.88 GB] / in use: 1 / in no VG: 0 I have the following command which does the job, but I think this could be achieved in a more simple way using sed or awk. Any help is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk line extraction question

Hi, I am trying to extract the first and last lines for each unique item in column 2 of a large text file and then concatenate all extracted lines together in a new text file. So ... I want to go from this format: NEW 0088-BPM 1.042700e+04 877168.19 9718360.00 1496.00 NEW 0088-BPM... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazthedribbler
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File extraction without awk

Hello everybody, Here is my problem : I cannot find a way to extract data from a particular file and more precisely I cannot extract the result of my awk script to an external file because I am currently working on HP-UX. I would like a simple script (without awk) which asks for a date like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freyr
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date and time range extraction via Awk or analysis script?

Hello does anyone know of an awk that will extract log file entries between a specific date and time range, eg: awk '/15\/Dec\/2010:16:10:00/, /15\/Dec\/2010:16:15:00/' access_log but one that works? Or a free command line log file analysis tool/script? I'd like to be able to view... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: competitions
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extraction

I have following input @xxxxxx@ I want to extract what's between @....@ that is : xxxx using SED command (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xerox
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk/sed match and extraction

Hi, I have a file like this- aa 12 23 34 aa 21 34 56 aa 78 45 56 I want to print out only the lines after the last aa. How do I do this? I tried using grep -A and sed -n, but both didnt work as I wanted to. Could someone help me out please.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - horizontal and vertical text extraction

Hi, I need some help in getting extracting the specific horizontal and vertical texts in a single line. I am trying to extract few of the parameters from a config file. Your help is appreciated. Desired Output ---------------- Pool members members ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratheeshp
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk for fits extraction in gnuplot

fitted parameters initialized with current variable values (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayak
0 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)