Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK extraction
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK extraction Post 302132356 by matrixmadhan on Thursday 16th of August 2007 02:07:21 PM
Old 08-16-2007
check the following one

Code:
awk '{ split($0, arr, "=" ); if ( match($0, "Host") ) { host[i++]=substr(arr[2], 2, length(arr[2]) - 2) } else if ( match($0, "SID") ) { db[j++]=substr(arr[3], 2, length(arr[3]) - 2); } }' filename

to display the values in array and test

Code:
awk '{ split($0, arr, "=" ); if ( match($0, "Host") ) { host[i++]=substr(arr[2], 2, length(arr[2]) - 2) } else if ( match($0, "SID") ) { db[j++]=substr(arr[3], 2, length(arr[3]) - 2); } }END{ for ( x=0; x<i; x++ ) { print host[x] } for ( x=0; x<j; x++ ) { print db[x] } }' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk gods, I need your Help! Fancy log extraction

Hi! I'm trying to find a way to extract a certain amount of lines from a log file. This would allow me to "follow" a web user through our log files. Here is a sample fake log file to explain what i want to accomplish : BEGIN REQUEST sessionID=123456 boatload of lines for thread-1 detailing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnagus
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK extraction

Hi all, I have a data file from which i would like to extract only certain fields, which are not adjacent to each other. Following is the format of data file (data.txt) that i have, which has about 6 fields delimited by "|" HARRIS|23|IT|PROGRAMMER|CHICAGO|EMP JOHN|35|IT|JAVA|NY|CON... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris2107
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extraction of text using sed or awk command

Hi All, I need to extract 543 from the command below : # pvscan PV /dev/sdb1 VG vg0 lvm2 Total: 1 543.88 GB] / in use: 1 / in no VG: 0 I have the following command which does the job, but I think this could be achieved in a more simple way using sed or awk. Any help is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk line extraction question

Hi, I am trying to extract the first and last lines for each unique item in column 2 of a large text file and then concatenate all extracted lines together in a new text file. So ... I want to go from this format: NEW 0088-BPM 1.042700e+04 877168.19 9718360.00 1496.00 NEW 0088-BPM... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazthedribbler
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File extraction without awk

Hello everybody, Here is my problem : I cannot find a way to extract data from a particular file and more precisely I cannot extract the result of my awk script to an external file because I am currently working on HP-UX. I would like a simple script (without awk) which asks for a date like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freyr
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date and time range extraction via Awk or analysis script?

Hello does anyone know of an awk that will extract log file entries between a specific date and time range, eg: awk '/15\/Dec\/2010:16:10:00/, /15\/Dec\/2010:16:15:00/' access_log but one that works? Or a free command line log file analysis tool/script? I'd like to be able to view... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: competitions
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extraction

I have following input @xxxxxx@ I want to extract what's between @....@ that is : xxxx using SED command (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xerox
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk/sed match and extraction

Hi, I have a file like this- aa 12 23 34 aa 21 34 56 aa 78 45 56 I want to print out only the lines after the last aa. How do I do this? I tried using grep -A and sed -n, but both didnt work as I wanted to. Could someone help me out please.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - horizontal and vertical text extraction

Hi, I need some help in getting extracting the specific horizontal and vertical texts in a single line. I am trying to extract few of the parameters from a config file. Your help is appreciated. Desired Output ---------------- Pool members members ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratheeshp
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk for fits extraction in gnuplot

fitted parameters initialized with current variable values (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayak
0 Replies
UDHCPD.CONF(5)						 GNU/Linux Administrator's Manual					    UDHCPD.CONF(5)

NAME
udhcpd.conf - udhcp server configuration file DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/udhcpd.conf contains configuration information specific to the udhcp server. It should contain one configuration keyword per line, followed by appropriate configuration information. OPTIONS
start ADDRESS The starting address of the IP lease block is ADDRESS. The default is 192.168.0.20. end ADDRESS The ending address of the IP lease block is ADDRESS. The default is 192.168.0.254. interface INTERFACE The udhcp server should listen on INTERFACE. The default is eth0. max_leases LEASES Offer at most LEASES leases (including those reserved by OFFERs, DECLINEs, and ARP conflicts). The default is 254. remaining REMAINING If REMAINING is yes, store the time remaining for each lease. If it is no, store the expiration time for each lease. The default is yes. auto_time SECONDS Write the lease information to a file every SECONDS seconds. The default is 7200. decline_time SECONDS Reserve an IP for SECONDS seconds if a DHCP decline message is received. The default is 3600. conflict_time SECONDS Reserve an IP for SECONDS seconds if an ARP conflict occurs. The default is 3600. offer_time SECONDS Reserve an IP for SECONDS seconds if it is offered. The default is 60. min_lease SECONDS Reserve an IP for the full lease time if the lease to be given is less than SECONDS seconds. The default is 60. lease_file FILE Write the lease information to FILE. The default is /var/lib/misc/udhcpd.leases. pidfile FILE Write the process ID to FILE. The default is /var/run/udhcpd.pid. notify_file FILE Execute FILE after the lease information is written. By default, no file is executed. siaddr ADDRESS BOOTP specific option. The default is 0.0.0.0. sname NAME BOOTP specific option. There is no default. boot_file FILE BOOTP specific option. There is no default. option OPTION DHCP specific option. subnet ADDRESS timezone OFFSET router ADDRESS... timesvr ADDRESS... namesvr ADDRESS... dns ADDRESS... logsvr ADDRESS... cookiesvr ADDRESS... lprsvr ADDRESS... hostname HOSTNAME bootsize SIZE domain DOMAIN swapsvr ADDRESS rootpath PATH ipttl TTL mtu MTU broadcast ADDRESS ntpsrv ADDRESS... wins ADDRESS... requestip ADDRESS lease SECONDS dhcptype TYPE serverid ADDRESS tftp FILE bootfile FILE The default for lease is 864000. There are no defaults for the other options. SEE ALSO
udhcpd(8). GNU
/Linux 2001-09-26 UDHCPD.CONF(5)