Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Optimizing query
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Optimizing query Post 302132333 by kahuna on Thursday 16th of August 2007 12:00:29 PM
Old 08-16-2007
Matrixmadhan,

Have you decided if anything works better than your original query? If so, can you let us know what worked and some idea of the time difference? Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Optimizing the system reliability

My product have around 10-15 programs/services running in the sun box, which together completes a task, sequentially. Several instances of the each program/service are running in the unix box, to manage the load and for risk-management reasons. As of now, we dont follow a strict strategy in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepa
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

optimizing disk performance

I have some questions regarding disk perfomance, and what I can do to make it just a little (or much :)) more faster. From what I've heard the first partitions will be faster than the later ones because tracks at the outer edges of a hard drive platter simply moves faster. But I've also read in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.P
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimizing for a Speed-up

How would one go about optimizing this current .sh program so it works at a more minimal time. Such as is there a better way to count what I need than what I have done or better way to match patterns in the file? Thanks, #declare variables to be used. help=-1 count=0 JanCount=0 FebCount=0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: switch
3 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Optimizing OSX

Hi forum, I'm administrating a workstation/server for my lab and I was wondering how to optimize OSX. I was wondering what unnecessary background tasks I could kick off the system so I free up as much memory and cpu power. Other optimization tips are also welcome (HD parameters, memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deiphon
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimizing the code

Hi, I have two files in the format listed below. I need to find out all values from field 12 to field 20 present in file 2 and list them in file3(format as file2) File1 : FEIN,CHRISTA... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimizing awk script

Can this awk statement be optimized? i ask because log.txt is a giant file with several hundred thousands of lines of records. myscript.sh: while read line do searchterm="${1}" datecurr=$(date +%s) file=$(awk 'BEGIN{split(ARGV,var,",");print var}' $line) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimizing search using grep

I have a huge log file close to 3GB in size. My task is to generate some reporting based on # of times something is being logged. I need to find the number of time StringA , StringB , StringC is being called separately. What I am doing right now is: grep "StringA" server.log | wc -l... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimizing find with many replacements

Hello, I'm looking for advice on how to optimize this bash script, currently i use the shotgun approach to avoid file io/buffering problems of forks trying to write simultaneously to the same file. i'd like to keep this as a fairly portable bash script rather than writing a C routine. in a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimizing bash loop

now, i have to search for a pattern within a particular time frame which the user will provide in the following format: 19/Jun/2018:07:04,21/Jun/2018:21:30 it is easy to get tempted to attempt this search with a variation of the following awk command: awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

10. Web Development

Optimizing JS and CSS

Yes. Got few suggestions. - How about minifying resources - mod_expires - Service workers setup https://www.unix.com/attachments/web-programming/7709d1550557731-sneak-preview-new-unix-com-usercp-vuejs-demo-screenshot-png (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
8 Replies
MSSQL_FETCH_OBJECT(3)													     MSSQL_FETCH_OBJECT(3)

mssql_fetch_object - Fetch row as object

SYNOPSIS
object mssql_fetch_object (resource $result) DESCRIPTION
mssql_fetch_object(3) is similar to mssql_fetch_array(3), with one difference - an object is returned, instead of an array. Indirectly, that means that you can only access the data by the field names, and not by their offsets (numbers are illegal property names). Speed-wise, the function is identical to mssql_fetch_array(3), and almost as quick as mssql_fetch_row(3) (the difference is insignifi- cant). PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns an object with properties that correspond to the fetched row, or FALSE if there are no more rows. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_fetch_object(3) example <?php // Send a select query to MSSQL $query = mssql_query('SELECT [username], [name] FROM [php].[dbo].[userlist]'); // Check if there were any records if (!mssql_num_rows($query)) { echo 'No records found'; } else { // Print a nice list of users in the format of: // * name (username) echo '<ul>'; while ($row = mssql_fetch_object($query)) { echo '<li>' . $row->name . ' (' . $row->username . ')</li>'; } echo '</ul>'; } // Free the query result mssql_free_result($query); ?> NOTES
Note Field names returned by this function are case-sensitive. Note This function sets NULL fields to the PHP NULL value. SEE ALSO
mssql_fetch_array(3), mssql_fetch_row(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_FETCH_OBJECT(3)