Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Defining X and Y Coordinates Inside A Window Post 302132296 by lesnaubr on Thursday 16th of August 2007 08:19:47 AM
Old 08-16-2007
Xnest Inside Xnest

I was also thinking of doing something like making a root Xnest window(1) and then put the program in a different Xnest window(2) and then placing window 2 inside of window 1 and then moving that around. I don't know if that can be done or if there is an easier way though.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Defining window size of telnet / ctelnet

How can I define the size of the terminal window? If I open multiple windows, it should be opened by these defined sizes. I need your help in this. Thanking you in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Maximizing X window without Window Switcher

Hi everyone! I have a strange situation. I'm running an NX remote Gnome desktop session. On the remote machine, there is a whole load of unsaved data in a window. A problem that I've been having with this NX session is that I can't load Gnome Applets, including the Window Switcher. So.. when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandicity
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

place cursor in specific coordinates

Hi, I have this problem on how to place the cursor in a text editor (for example: pico). I made this script that would attach comments to a script file then open the script file, I would like to know how to place the cursor in a specific place, for example at the end of the comments, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lechelle
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determination n points between two coordinates

Hi guys. Can anyone tell me how to determine points between two coardinates. For example: Which type of command line gives me 50 points between (8, -5, 7) and (2, 6, 9) points Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Differential substring removal using coordinates

Hello all, this might be better suited for a bioinformatics forum, but I thought I'd try my luck here as well. I have several tabular text files of DNA sequence reads that appear as such: File_1.txt >H01BA45XW GATTACAGATTCGACATCCAACTGAGGCATT >H02BG78WR CCTTACAGACTGGGCATGAATATTGCATACC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectorborne5
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Length of a segment based on coordinates

Hi, I would like to have the length of a segment based on coordinates of its parts. Example input file: chr11 genes_good3.gtf aggregate_gene 1 100 gene1 chr11 genes_good3.gtf exonic_part 1 60 chr11 genes_good3.gtf exonic_part 70 100 chr11 genes_good3.gtf aggregate_gene 200 1000 gene2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fadista
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

overlapped genomic coordinates

Hi, I would like to know how can I get the ID of a feature if its genomic coordinates overlap the coordinates of another file. Example: Get the 4th column (ID) of this file1: chr1 10 100 gene1 chr2 3000 5000 gene2 chr3 200 1500 gene3 if it overlaps with a feature in this file2: chr2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fadista
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with processing coordinates in a file.

I have a variation table (variation.txt) which is a very big file. The first column in the chromosome number and the second column is the position of the variation. I have a second file annotation.txt which has a list of 37,000 genes (1st column), their chromosome number(2nd column), their start... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
1 Replies
XMoveWindow()															     XMoveWindow()

Name
  XMoveWindow - move a window.

Synopsis
  XMoveWindow(display, w, x, y)
	Display *display;
	Window w;
	int x, y;

Arguments
  display  Specifies a connection to an X server; returned from XOpenDisplay().

w	   Specifies the ID of the window to be moved.

x	   Specify the new x and y coordinates of the upper-left pixel of the window's border (or of the window itself, if it has no border),
  y	   relative to the window's parent.

Description
  XMoveWindow() changes the position of the origin of the specified window relative to its parent.  XMoveWindow() does not change the mapping
  state, size, or stacking order of the window, nor does it raise the window.  Moving a mapped window will lose its contents if:

o  Its background_pixmap attribute is ParentRelative.

o  The window is obscured by nonchildren and no backing store exists.

If the contents are lost, exposure events will be generated for the window and any mapped subwindows.  Moving a mapped window will generate
  exposure events on any formerly obscured windows.

If the override_redirect attribute of the window is False (see Volume One,  Chapter 4,  Window  Attributes)  and  the  window  manager  has
  selected  SubstructureRedirectMask on the parent, then a ConfigureRequest event is sent to the window manager, and no further processing is
  performed.

If a client has selected StructureNotifyMask on the window, then a ConfigureNotify event is generated after the move takes place,  and  the
  event  will  contain	the final position of the window.  This is only useful in the case of top-level windows, since the window manager may
  modify or disallow moves.

Errors
  BadWindow

See Also
  XCirculateSubwindows(),  XCirculateSubwindowsDown(),	XCirculateSubwindowsUp(),  XConfigureWindow(),	XLowerWindow(),  XMoveResizeWindow(),
  XQueryTree(), XRaiseWindow(), XReparentWindow(), XResizeWindow(), XRestackWindows().

Xlib - Window Manipulation													     XMoveWindow()