Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how do you handle a constructor and destructor that fail Post 302132229 by amitpansuria on Thursday 16th of August 2007 02:38:23 AM
Old 08-16-2007
never throw an exception from the destructor that fails?

Quote:
Originally Posted by porter
I was under the impression that the only things you should put in constructors/destructors were things that would not fail (or else you deal with the exceptions inside the constructor/destructor).
can u explain me step by step why exception is not thrown from the destructor that fails with an example
Regards,
Amit

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Constructor problem

Hi guys I am new to these forums but since I am taking a class at college I would appreciate any help that is possible for this program. My instructor said that when its complete the program should be able to store all 3 fields instead of just 1. public class Greeter2Test { public static... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: woot4moo
4 Replies

2. Programming

why constructor cannot be virtual

helo i read many books but i cant find the proper answer that why constructor cannot be virtual can u explain me in simple term that why constructor cannot be virtual Regards, Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

call constructor of java class in script

Hi, Is it possible to call the constructur of a java class in a shell script? I know you can call static methods, but can you also call the constructor? tnx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thebladerunner
1 Replies

4. Programming

Doubt regarding Copy Constructor and return value

Hi All, I have made the simple following program :- #include <string> #include <iostream> using namespace std; class A{ private: int val; public : A(){cout<<"In A()"<<endl;} A (const A& aa) { cout<<"In copy c'tor"<<endl; } }; A f(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
1 Replies

5. Programming

c++ object constructor question

I have the following code class Param{ public: Param(int aa, int bb){ a=aa; b=bb; } int a,b; }; void function(Param); int main(){ function(2,3); return 0; } (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: santiagorf
6 Replies

6. Programming

Doubts on C++ copy constructor concept

Hi, If I run the following program class A { public: A() { cout << "default" << endl; } A(const A&) { cout << "copy" << endl; } }; A tmp; A fun() { return tmp; } A test() { A tmp; cout << &tmp << endl; return tmp; } (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between handle to the thread HANDLE and thread identifier pthread_t

This question might be silly but its confusing me a bit: What is the difference between handle to the thread HANDLE and thread identifier pthread_t? ---------- Post updated at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:48 PM ---------- Sorry I saw details and HANDLE is in windows and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

8. Programming

Constructor?

I am learning about C++ and today am reading concepts for Constructor but it seems a bit difficult to grab it fully. Please anyone explain in simple words about Constructor? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ggiwebsinfo
1 Replies
ost::RefObject(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 ost::RefObject(3)

NAME
ost::RefObject - A reference countable object. SYNOPSIS
#include <object.h> Public Member Functions virtual void * getObject (void)=0 The actual object being managed can be returned by this method as a void and then recast to the actual type. Protected Member Functions RefObject () The constructor simply initializes the count. virtual ~RefObject () The destructor is called when the reference count returns to zero. Protected Attributes unsigned refCount Friends class RefPointer Detailed Description A reference countable object. This is used in association with smart pointers (RefPointer). Author: David Sugar dyfet@gnutelephony.org Object managed by smart pointer reference count. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation ost::RefObject::RefObject () [inline], [protected] The constructor simply initializes the count. virtual ost::RefObject::~RefObject () [protected], [virtual] The destructor is called when the reference count returns to zero. This is done through a virtual destructor. Member Function Documentation virtual void* ost::RefObject::getObject (void) [pure virtual] The actual object being managed can be returned by this method as a void and then recast to the actual type. This removes the need to dynamic cast from RefObject and the dependence on rtti this implies. Returns: underlying object being referenced. Friends And Related Function Documentation friend class RefPointer [friend] Member Data Documentation unsigned ost::RefObject::refCount [protected] Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for GNU CommonC++ from the source code. GNU CommonC++ Sat Jun 23 2012 ost::RefObject(3)