Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Connecting to SUN server from PC Post 302132196 by porter on Wednesday 15th of August 2007 10:33:59 PM
Old 08-15-2007
You certainly can.

First do "ifconfig -a" to see what ethernet cards you have.

Then create a /etc/hostname.ifname where ifname is the name of the interface. for example

/etc/hostname.le0
/etc/hostname.hme0

or whatever.

Put in that file the hostname of the machine, and then put an entry in the /etc/hosts file. Do a reboot and it should configure the ethernet card.

There is more you can do to set up the netmask, nodename and /etc/resolve.conf, do a search of this site for details.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to UNIX server

Hi, My knowledge bucket of UNIX is almost empty. I have developed an application in EXCEL which can create XML files (Metadata) from Binaries. These binaries are stored in UNIX server on regular intervals. Currently I am transferring all binaries(GBs of files) to WINDOWS using WINSCP and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobs
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem with connecting with Sun Java Web console

Hi, I have Solaris 10 8/07 on SPARC and I can't log in Web console. When I opened browser (Firefox 3) at localhost:6789 I get Save file dialog which asks me to save some file with .part at the end. What information should I provide to find out where is the trouble?.. Internet explorer says... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to other server thru ftp

Hi, Can someone help me on how to ftp to UNIX server from an another UNIX Server. I tried the follwoing but it is not working. ftp -n 10.10.0.1 quote user usrname quote pass passwd ls Though ftp is starting it is not allowing me run command..... it is asking to Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Windows Server

Hi, One of the folders in UNIX is mapped with a drive on Windows.From this UNIX machine I want to connect to the Windows Server, perform some checks and view the results back on the UNIX machine. For e.g. if I touch a file under the shared folder on UNIX, I should be able to telnet to Windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
2 Replies

5. Hardware

SUN V245 Connecting To router Through Alom

Hello. I have a sun v245 and I have no hard drive for it yet but i would like to connect it to my home router by ethernet cable so I can use Alom remotely. Could someone please tell me how to set it up. Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SunV245
1 Replies
RDMA_XSERVER(1) 						     librdmacm							   RDMA_XSERVER(1)

NAME
rdma_xserver - RDMA CM communication server test program SYNOPSIS
rdma_xserver [-p port] [-c comm_type] DESCRIPTION
Uses the librdmacm to establish various forms of communication and exchange data. OPTIONS
-p port Changes the port number that the server listens on. By default the server listens on port 7471. -c communication type Specifies the type of communication established with the client program. extended reliable-connected XRC QPs. NOTES
Basic usage is to start rdma_xserver, then connect to the server using the rdma_xclient program. Because this test maps RDMA resources to userspace, users must ensure that they have available system resources and permissions. See the libibverbs README file for additional details. SEE ALSO
rdma_cm(7), udaddy(1), mckey(1), rping(1), rdma_server(1), rdma_xclient(1) librdmacm 2011-06-15 RDMA_XSERVER(1)