Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: is it true or not
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers is it true or not Post 302132151 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 15th of August 2007 02:16:48 PM
Old 08-15-2007
For 32 bit time_t values
Code:
#include <time.h>

int main()
{
    time_t lt=0x7fffffff;

printf(asctime(localtime(&lt)));
    return 0;
}

produces this value:

Mon Jan 18 20:14:07 2038

If you add one second to that lt variable the result on my HPUX box is:

Fri Dec 13 13:45:52 1901 -- a time in the past

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C++ on True Unix Platform

Hi all: I would like to get some details about development using C++ on TRUE Unix platform. Can anyone help me ?? Thanks, -Mandar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandar3
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh [ HP True 64 v5.1 ] and HP-UX B.11.11i

Hi Friends, We have migrated our Unix from HP True 64 v5.1 to HP-UX B.11.11i recently and copied all my shell scripts ( Korn shell ) to new HP-UX B.11.11i unix machine. I've encountered lot of errors during execution of the scripts for example: cat x.sh #!/usr/bin/ksh if then echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

True Shutdown help!

ok, i know the syntax that goes along with the Shutdown command... but my box never wants to ... well... shutdown.. it only halts, kills all the process's, stalls the comp to a complete stop, but does actually kill the monitor and/or shut off the physical computer. it will reboot properly though,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 01000101
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to exit a while true loop

Hi guys, I'm new to unix but loving it!! BUT this is driving me nuts as i can't work out the best way to do it. I have a while true loop that i use to monitor something. For my own reasons in ths script i have disabled the CTRL C using the trap command. But i want to put in a option to exit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Noob e
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Funny but true....

Hallo everybody I am having a shell script called auto_run.sh in that only the first line works. the second line which has sed command is working only at the # prompt. not within the shell script. What could be the reason. *... sed 's/ //g' KTI >abc works in another shell script without the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naushad
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop until true

Hi I need help with a script to loop unitl the statement is true done some thing like this until if then cp filename filename.anto fi done Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: antointoronto
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop true problem

hi, i am new in bash scripting. i am trying to write a Bash script to monitor how many process are running in my Redhat6 Linux machine. example : let say there must be always 5 process from the same kind that must run and if one off them fails down the script must wake up another process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigizag
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explaination on if true

Hi Team, I need to know why ppl use If true loop instead of just writing down the sequence of code lines. 1: echo "Line1" if true; then echo "Line2" fi echo "Line3" 2: echo "Line1" echo "Line2" echo "Line3" Could you explain what does the if true loop make difference in 1st compare... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana hs
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

While true loop stopped

Hello Team, In my shell script, it stopped without killing it. Could you please help why ? Below is the code : get_dpi44_currentFiles() { truncate --size 0 $dpi_44_fixed_currentFileList if ssh $dpi_srvr_44 -p 2222 "ls $dpi_44_sourceFilesDir/fixed | grep '\.tgz$'" >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
5 Replies
DATETIMEIMMUTABLE.GETTIMESTAMP(3)					 1					 DATETIMEIMMUTABLE.GETTIMESTAMP(3)

DateTime::getTimestamp - Gets the Unix timestamp

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public int DateTime::getTimestamp (void ) DESCRIPTION
int DateTimeImmutable::getTimestamp (void ) int DateTimeInterface::getTimestamp (void ) Procedural style int date_timestamp_get (DateTimeInterface $object) Gets the Unix timestamp. PARAMETERS
This function has no parameters. RETURN VALUES
Returns the Unix timestamp representing the date. EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTimeImmutable.getTimestamp(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime(); echo $date->getTimestamp(); ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create(); echo date_timestamp_get($date); ?> The above examples will output something similar to: 1272509157 NOTES
Using U as the parameter to DateTime.format(3) is an alternative when using PHP 5.2. SEE ALSO
DateTime.setTimestamp(3), DateTime.format(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIMEIMMUTABLE.GETTIMESTAMP(3)