Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Trouble with Nested Ifs
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Trouble with Nested Ifs Post 302132096 by zazzybob on Wednesday 15th of August 2007 09:33:30 AM
Old 08-15-2007
The issue is with your Here Document. Remove the indentation before "EOH" and all should be well...

Cheers,
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IFS variable

How can I set the value for IFS variable (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with IFS

hi, :) I set IFS=":" But when i try to echo $IFS,i am not getting any thing on the screen escept a blank line. any help pls. cheers RRK (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on IFS command!

Hi! I am working in korn shell. I want to reset the dimiliter for the set command to "|" but instead of a command prompt return I am getting something as below After issuing the command I am getting this....as if the shell is expecting something else. Can anybody suggest what's the problem. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udiptya
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell nested ifs

Hi can someone tell me whats wrong with the following: #!/bin/sh file1=$1 file2=$2 if then if then echo "File 1 is" $file1 echo "File 2 is" $file2 cp $file1 $file2 echo "Copy complete!" else echo "ERROR: File does not exist!" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: philmetz
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

regarding IFS=

hi i am a learner can some explain "export IFS=$(echo "\n\t\a")" i am not able to understand the functionality please help thanks Satya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop with 3 ifs

im messing up somehwere...and can't seem to clean up the script...for it to work objectives: 1. check for today's file, and sleep 30 secs between retries 2. only allow 5 tries before script should fail. 3. if today's file found, wait 30 seconds for it to process.. code: count=0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

read and IFS

Hi, This is out of curiosity: I wanted to extract year, month and date from a variable, and thought that combining read and IFS would help, but this doesn't work: echo "2010 10 12" | read y m d I could extract the parts of the date when separated by a -, and setting IFS in a subshell: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raphinou
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use IFS in this scenario?

Given the scenario like this, if at all if have to use IFS on the below given example, how it should be used. IFS=/ eg: /xyz/123/348/file1 I want to use the last slash /file1 . So can anyone, suggest me how to pick the last "/" as a IFS. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use nested ifs in unix?

how to use nested ifs in unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pratima.kumari
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested ifs

hi I keep getting an error with this nested if statement and am getting the error unexpected end of file, can anyone help me as to why this wont execute? #!/bin/bash #script to check wether the -i -v statements run correctly removeFile () { mv $1 $HOME/deleted }... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: somersetdan
3 Replies
PPI::Document::File(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    PPI::Document::File(3)

NAME
PPI::Document::File - A Perl Document located in a specific file DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This class is experimental, and may change without notice PPI::Document::File provides a PPI::Document subclass that represents a Perl document stored in a specific named file. METHODS
new my $file = PPI::Document::File->new( 'Module.pm' ); The "new" constructor works the same as for the regular one, except that the only params allowed is a file name. You cannot create an "anonymous" PPI::Document::File object, not can you create an empty one. Returns a new PPI::Document::File object, or "undef" on error. filename The "filename" accessor returns the name of the file in which the document is stored. save # Save to the file we were loaded from $file->save; # Save a copy to somewhere else $file->save( 'Module2.pm' ); The "save" method works similarly to the one in the parent PPI::Document class, saving a copy of the document to a file. The difference with this subclass is that if "save" is not passed any filename, it will save it back to the file it was loaded from. Note: When saving to a different file, it is considered to be saving a copy and so the value returned by the "filename" accessor will stay the same, and not change to the new filename. TO DO
- May need to overload some methods to forcefully prevent Document objects becoming children of another Node. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Document::File(3)