Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Can we use write() to modify/update intermediate records in a file Post 302132041 by maverix on Wednesday 15th of August 2007 02:26:43 AM
Old 08-15-2007
Hi porter,

Thank you for your inputs.

It was a simple mistake from my side.
I had copied the functions and forgot to change the parameter in the open system call from O_RDONLY to O_RDWR.

Upon seeing your reply, I realised my mistake.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards
maverix

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count No of Records in File without counting Header and Trailer Records

I have a flat file and need to count no of records in the file less the header and the trailer record. I would appreciate any and all asistance Thanks Hadi Lalani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guiguy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in removing intermediate segments from a pipe delimited segment file

Hi, I just stuckup in doing some regular expressions on a file. I have data which has multiple FHS and BTS segments like: FHS|12121|LOCAL|2323 MSH|10101|POTAMAS|2323 PID|121221|THOMAS|DAVID|23432 OBX|2342|H1211|3232 BTS|0000|MERSTO|LIABLE FHS|12121|LOCAL|2323 MSH|10101|POTAMAS|2323... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_0101bits
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix script for update or insert records from a file to a oracle table

Hi, I have delimited file(|). Sample data: 1|name|50009|DS24|0|12 2|name|30009|DS24|0|13 3|name|20409|DS24|0|14 4|name|20009|DS24|0|15 5|name|10009|DS24|0|16 I want to load this data into a oracle table (update and insert) Please help me the commands and also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unihp1
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

update records in a file using shell script...

Hi, I have a file with 6 columns. First 3 columns together make unique record. I have a variable ($v) which hold a value that is obtained by a caliculaion. I have to replace value in 5th columnn with the value of the variable ($v). The value $v is caliculated from col4 and col6 values. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert a header in a huge data file without using an intermediate file

I have a file with data extracted, and need to insert a header with a constant string, say: H|PayerDataExtract if i use sed, i have to redirect the output to a seperate file like sed ' sed commands' ExtractDataFile.dat > ExtractDataFileWithHeader.dat the same is true for awk and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepaktanna
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Push records to array during implicit loop and write to file

NEWBIE ALERT! Hi, I'm 1 month into learning Perl and done reading "Minimal Perl" by Tim Maher (which I enjoyed enoumously). I'm not a programmer by profession but want to use Perl to automate various tasks at my job. I have a problem (obviously) and are looking for your much appreciated help.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jospan
0 Replies

7. Linux

Suggest update of two commands - who to write to?

I think it's about time the df and du commands (executables?) were updated to display gigabyte units without one having to do their own calculations from the -m option (display in megabytes). This is one of those "little nothing" annoyances that, at the same time, would positively show new... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep specific records from a file of records that are separated by an empty line

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to Linux stuff. I have this kind of problem which couldn't solve alone. I have a text file with records separated by empty lines like this: ID: 20 Name: X Age: 19 ID: 21 Name: Z ID: 22 Email: xxx@yahoo.com Name: Y Age: 19 I want to grep records that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atrisa
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting duplicate records from file 1 if records from file 2 match

I have 2 files "File 1" is delimited by ";" and "File 2" is delimited by "|". File 1 below (3 record shown): Doc1;03/01/2012;New York;6 Main Street;Mr. Smith 1;Mr. Jones Doc2;03/01/2012;Syracuse;876 Broadway;John Davis;Barbara Lull Doc3;03/01/2012;Buffalo;779 Old Windy Road;Charles... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vestport
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicated records and update last line record counts

Hi Gurus, I need to remove duplicate line in file and update TRAILER (last line) record count. the file is comma delimited, field 2 is key to identify duplicated record. I can use below command to remove duplicated. but don't know how to replace last line 2nd field to new count. awk -F","... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
11 Replies
OTFDUMP(1)							   User Commands							OTFDUMP(1)

NAME
otfdump - otfdump DESCRIPTION
otfdump - convert otf traces or parts of it into a human readable, long version Options: -h, --help show this help message -V show OTF version -f <n> set max number of filehandles available (default: 50) -o <file> output file if the ouput file is unspecified the stdout will be used --num <a> <b> output only records no. [a,b] --time <a> <b> output only records with time stamp in [a,b] --nodef omit definition records --noevent omit event records --nostat omit statistic records --nosnap omit snapshot records --nomarker omit marker records --nokeyvalue omit key-value pairs --fullkeyvalue show key-value pairs including the contents of byte-arrays --procs <a> show only processes <a> <a> is a space-seperated list of process-tokens --records <a> show only records <a> <a> is a space-seperated list of record-type-numbers record-type-numbers can be found in OTF_Definitions.h (OTF_*_RECORD) -s, --silent do not display anything except the time otfdump needed to read the tracefile otfdump 1.10.2 May 2012 OTFDUMP(1)