Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: urgent help on ksh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting urgent help on ksh Post 302132036 by lorcan on Wednesday 15th of August 2007 01:19:49 AM
Old 08-15-2007
This is similar to your earlier request. Please do not open duplicate threads

List-of-files

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

URGENT,URGENT- Need help tape drive installation

Hi, I am trying to attach tape drive to sun V890 running Solaris 9 on it. I have installed HBA(qlogic) in slot 1 of 0-8 slots and booted the system. I do not see HBAin prtdiag output. The tape drive is not attached to HBA. The tape drive I am going to attach is Sony AIT3. 1.How can I make... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriny
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Urgent help needed for ksh shell setting

Today I logged as root on my HP-UX server and by mistake executed below command # ksh -i vi Then onwards for every root logging the ksh shell giving wired output to every command e.g # ls kÚ .brw_history .brwpause .brwtmp : : : 1+~H4p+À+~KÑ 1+Ðè d 15kÚ 1d+~èYÑd:ðè½h|À+~èY4:àh|À+ And so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

import var and function from ksh script to another ksh script

Ih all, i have multiples ksh scripts for crontab's unix jobs they all have same variables declarations and some similar functions i would have a only single script file to declare my variables, like: var1= "aaa" var2= "bbb" var3= "ccc" ... function ab { ...} function bc { ... }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT!! few unix/scrpting/ksh qns

hey guys, I have a few general qns, so I'd appreciate quick responses. 1. How do u read a file line by line and display its contents using KSH? 2. How to kill a process using only the name? 3. How to create an empty file with 1MB memory size? 4. How to append some content to an existing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasuke_uchiha
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference Between executing llike ./myscript.ksh and . ./myscript.ksh

Hi , What is the diffence between executing the script like ./myscript.ksh . ./myscript.ksh I have found 2 difference but could not find the reason 1. If i export a variable in myscript.ksh and execute it like . ./myscript.ksh the i can access the other scripts that are present in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_hammer
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

different behaviour for ksh and ksh -x

I'm getting different behaviour when executing below script in debug option. $ cat ss.ksh ff=$(pwd) echo " ff : $ff" $ ksh ss.ksh ff : /tmp $ ksh -x ss.ksh + + pwd ff= + echo ff : ff : I was getting this behaviour in my actuall script i'm able to reproduce this in simple script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckybalaji
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT Reading a file and assessing the syntax shell script URGENT

I am trying to write a shell script which takes an input file as an arguement in the terminal e.g. bash shellscriptname.sh input.txt. I would like for the file to be read line by line each time checking if the .txt file contains certain words or letters(validating the syntax). If the line being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Urgent.!!! Multiple if within while loop ksh

Hi All, I'm trying to write while loop with multiple if conditions. Each and every if condition with different variables. whenever one if condition fails i have remove the file from filename and have to pick another file and loop should exit until the last file found in filename. Please help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kayal
2 Replies
X11PERFCOMP(1)						      General Commands Manual						    X11PERFCOMP(1)

NAME
x11perfcomp - X11 server performance comparison program SYNTAX
x11perfcomp [ -r | -ro ] [ -l label_file ] files DESCRIPTION
The x11perfcomp program merges the output of several x11perf(1) runs into a nice tabular format. It takes the results in each file, fills in any missing test results if necessary, and for each test shows the objects/second rate of each server. If invoked with the -r or -ro options, it shows the relative performance of each server to the first server. Normally, x11perfcomp uses the first file specified to determine which specific tests it should report on. Some (non-DEC :) servers may fail to perform all tests. In this case, x11perfcomp automatically substitutes in a rate of 0.0 objects/second. Since the first file determines which tests to report on, this file must contain a superset of the tests reported in the other files, else x11perfcomp will fail. You can provide an explicit list of tests to report on by using the -l switch to specify a file of labels. You can create a label file by using the -label option in x11perf. OPTIONS
x11perfcomp accepts the options listed below: -r Specifies that the output should also include relative server performance. -ro Specifies that the output should include only relative server performance. -l label_file Specifies a label file to use. X DEFAULTS
There are no X defaults used by this program. SEE ALSO
X(7), x11perf(1) AUTHORS
Mark Moraes wrote the original scripts to compare servers. Joel McCormack just munged them together a bit. X Version 11 x11perf 1.5.4 X11PERFCOMP(1)