Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Overwrite & Delete in Text File Post 302132031 by lorcan on Wednesday 15th of August 2007 12:05:38 AM
Old 08-15-2007
To print the Header and trailer in one line with 300 char each. Removal of header and trailer line. Use the below

Just a flavour to matrixmadhan's command as per your req

Code:
awk ' { if ( NR == 1 ) { head=substr($0,1,300);} else { last = substr($0,1,300);} arr[i++]=$0; }END{ printf "Header is : %-300s Trailer is : %-300s\n", head, last; for( x=1; x<i-1; x++) { print arr[x] } }' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced Search & Delete Text File

I have a file in which email messages are stored in. Every email is separated by by a ^Z character (Control-Z). I need to extract all emails after the 65,00th one to another file and delete them from the original file. Any suggests on accomplishing this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxcell
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to overwrite but can delete file

I'm debugging a ksh script written by someone else that does the following: It runs a command and redirects stdout to a file called dberror that already exists using ">". This command fails with the following error: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action. dberror:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: savage66
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search/replace specific field, using variables for regexp & subsitution then overwrite file

Hello, I'm trying the solve the following problem. I have a file which I intend to use as a csv called master.csv The columns are separated by commas. I want to change the text on a specific row in either column 3,4,5 or 6 from xxx to yyy depending upon if column 1 matches a specified pattern.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyphex
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & DELETE ZIPS older than 12 months

ENVIROMENT Linux: Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) iPlanet: iPlanet-WebServer-Enterprise/6.0SP1 Log Path: /usr/iplanet/servers/https-company/logs I have iPlanet log rotation enabled rotating files on a daily basis. The rotated logs are NOT compressed & are taking up too much space. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zachs
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Better to Delete or Overwrite

Hello All, I had just a question about my Bash Script I'm currently writing. The script I have writes some text to a output file. After I write to the output file I send the file to another server to do some stuff with it. After the file sends in the script, I don't need the output/txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete lines of a text file based on another text file?

I have 2 TXT files with with 8 columns in them(tab separated). First file has 2000 entries whereas 2nd file has 300 entries. The first file has ALL the lines of second file. Now I need to remove those 300 lines (which are in both files) from first file so that first file's line count become... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to overwrite & before that keep copy a file on many servers

I have ssh password less auth enable & script does the job well as well #/bin/bash for i in `cat ip` do scp /etc/resolv.conf root@$ip done But I need to take backup of the file i will overwrite .. is there any simple way ? Kindly respond (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete records based on a text file from a text file

Hi Folks, I am a novice and need to build a script in bash. I have 2 text files data.txt file is big file, column 2 is the we need to search and delete in the output. The filter file contains the rows to be deleted. Data.txt state city zone Alabama Huntsville 4 California SanDiego 3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & send a mail conformation for any error

ENVIROMENT Linux: RHEL 6.4 Log Path: /usr/iplanet/servers/https-company/logs Log Format: user.log.03-15-2015 I have log4j log rotation enabled rotating files on a daily basis. The rotated logs are NOT compressed & are taking up too much space. I need a script that will run daily that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_job_admin
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies
Mail::SPF::v2::Record(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Mail::SPF::v2::Record(3)

NAME
Mail::SPF::v2::Record - Sender ID ("spf2.0") record class SYNOPSIS
See Mail::SPF::Record. DESCRIPTION
An object of class Mail::SPF::v2::Record represents a Sender ID ("spf2.0") record. Constructors The following constructors are provided: new(%options): returns Mail::SPF::v2::Record Creates a new Sender ID ("spf2.0") record object. %options is a list of key/value pairs representing any of the following options: text terms global_mods See "new" in Mail::SPF::Record. scopes Required. See "new" in Mail::SPF::Record. The 'mfrom' and 'pra' scopes are supported. There is no default. new_from_string($text, %options): returns Mail::SPF::v2::Record; throws Mail::SPF::ENothingToParse, Mail::SPF::EInvalidRecordVersion, Mail::SPF::ESyntaxError Creates a new Sender ID ("spf2.0") record object by parsing the string and any options given. Class methods The following class methods are provided: version_tag_pattern: returns Regexp Returns a regular expression that matches a version tag of 'spf2.0/' plus a comma-separated list of any of the 'mfrom' and 'pra' scopes. The following are valid version tags: spf2.0/mfrom spf2.0/pra spf2.0/mfrom,pra spf2.0/pra,mfrom default_qualifier results_by_qualifier See "Class methods" in Mail::SPF::Record. Instance methods The following instance methods are provided: text scopes terms global_mods global_mod stringify eval See "Instance methods" in Mail::SPF::Record. version_tag: returns string Returns 'spf2.0/' plus a comma-separated list of the scopes of the record. See "version_tag_pattern" for a list of possible return values. SEE ALSO
Mail::SPF, Mail::SPF::Record, Mail::SPF::Term, Mail::SPF::Mech, Mail::SPF::Mod <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4408> For availability, support, and license information, see the README file included with Mail::SPF. AUTHORS
Julian Mehnle <julian@mehnle.net>, Shevek <cpan@anarres.org> perl v5.18.2 2017-10-06 Mail::SPF::v2::Record(3)