Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Drop records with non-numerics in field X Post 302131956 by akxeman on Tuesday 14th of August 2007 01:32:20 PM
Old 08-14-2007
Thanks! Still having an issue with situations that contain both alpha & numeric characters such as "12A3" & "4 6" comes back as valid, when I want to drop them. Is there anything I can put in/around the expression to check all characters in the field?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting records with a missing field

I had to delete rows when a record was missing a field. My solution was cut -c 202-402 ${dataFile} | awk '{if (substr($0,103,30) !~ /^ *$/) print $0} >> ${workFile} The cut is because they came two records to a row. Anyone want to offer a more elegant solution? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillbates
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating number of records by field

Hi, I have CSV file which looks like below, i want to calulate number of records for each brand say SOLO_UNBEATABLE E and SOLO_UNBEATABLE F combined and record count is say 20 . i want to calculate for each brand, and here only first record will have all data and rest of record for the brand... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.cse
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a particular field in all records in a csv file

hi, i have various csv files, the file format is as follows Entry: "1",4,2010/08/15-10-00-00.01,,"E",,,,,,,,,120,0,"M4_","C","KEW-011-5337140-20100916163456-540097","1234567890","N N 0 ",,,"NUK 800100200",,,"NN",,,,,,,,,,,,"0000000001|0001|20150401... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract file records based on some field conditions

Hello Friends, I have a file(InputFile.csv) with the following columns(the columns are pipe-delimited): ColA|ColB|ColC|ColD|ColE|ColF Now for this file, I have to get those records which fulfil the following condition: If "ColB" is NOT NULL and "ColD" has values one of the following... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehimadri
9 Replies

5. Programming

mysql query multiple records for one field

Hello Group, What I have is a database with about a dozen fields and one being "City". What I would like to do is to have a custom query on a single field for multiple items (cities) but I don't know how to do this. I know this is probably kids play for most of you but I am lost. What I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vestport
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retreive the records from file2 by using the first field in file1

Hi Freinds, i have a file1 as below file1 1|ndmf|fdd|d3484|34874 2|jdehf|wru7|478|w489 3|dfkj|wej|484|49894 file2 contains lakhs of records and not in sorted order i want to retrive only the records from file2 by searcing the first field of file 1 i used grep ^1 file2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract 4th field if numerics?

I have a file which contains fields comma separated & with each field surrounded by quotes. The 4th field contains either a serial number, the text ABC, the text XYZ or it's blank. I want to only extract records which have a serial number. Here's some sample data: > cat myfile... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CHoggarth
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select a particular field from a drop-down menu in a webpage using perl script?

Hi Team, I have a requirement to login into URL using username and password , then I have to select a "particular name" from drop-down menu and then Read the values user records etc.... using perl. Is it possible to do in perl script ? (OR) Can you please let me know which scripting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: latika
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check field value from a file records

I need a script to check the records in a file , if any value match transfer the record in error.txt file. 1- If any of the any field value is NULL(nothing in this field) Record1|Record2|Record3|Record4|Record5|DATE1|DATE2 Example: 11111111|22222222|NULL|12|444|27042018|27042018... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekn
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find records with specific characters in 2 nd field

Hi , I have a requirement to read a file ( 5 fields , ~ delimited) and find the records which contain anything other than Alphabets, Numbers , comma ,space and dot . ie a-z and A-Z and 0-9 and . and " " and , in 2nd field. Once I do that i would want the result to have field1|<flag> flag can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
2 Replies
setuname(1M)															      setuname(1M)

NAME
setuname - change machine information SYNOPSIS
name] node] DESCRIPTION
The command is used to modify the value for system name and/or the node name by using the appropriate option(s). The command attempts to change the parameter values in both the running kernel and the system configuration to cross reboots. A temporary change affects only the running kernel. Options The command supports the following options: Changes the system name (for example, HP-UX) in the field of the structure where name is the new system name and consists of alphanumeric characters and the special characters dash, underbar, and dollar sign. Changes the name in the field of the structure where node specifies the new node name and consists of alphanumeric characters and the special characters dash, underbar, and dollar sign. Signifies a temporary change. The change will not survive a reboot. Either or both of the or options must be given when invoking The size of the name and node is limited to characters. is defined in Only users having appropriate privileges can use this command. EXAMPLES
To permanently change the system name to and the node name to issue the following command: To temporarily change the system name to and the node name to issue the following command: WARNINGS
Setting a nodename of more than 8 bytes is possible only with the appropriate configuration options enabled. It is strongly recommended that all related documentation be completely understood before setting a larger node name. A node name larger than 8 bytes can cause anomalous or incorrect behavior in applications which use the command or the system function to access the name. SEE ALSO
uname(1), uname(2), nodehostnamesize(5). setuname(1M)