Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Drop records with non-numerics in field X Post 302131949 by bhargav on Tuesday 14th of August 2007 01:06:28 PM
Old 08-14-2007
awk -F"\t" '$1 ~ /[a-z]/ { print $0 }' test

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting records with a missing field

I had to delete rows when a record was missing a field. My solution was cut -c 202-402 ${dataFile} | awk '{if (substr($0,103,30) !~ /^ *$/) print $0} >> ${workFile} The cut is because they came two records to a row. Anyone want to offer a more elegant solution? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillbates
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating number of records by field

Hi, I have CSV file which looks like below, i want to calulate number of records for each brand say SOLO_UNBEATABLE E and SOLO_UNBEATABLE F combined and record count is say 20 . i want to calculate for each brand, and here only first record will have all data and rest of record for the brand... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.cse
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a particular field in all records in a csv file

hi, i have various csv files, the file format is as follows Entry: "1",4,2010/08/15-10-00-00.01,,"E",,,,,,,,,120,0,"M4_","C","KEW-011-5337140-20100916163456-540097","1234567890","N N 0 ",,,"NUK 800100200",,,"NN",,,,,,,,,,,,"0000000001|0001|20150401... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract file records based on some field conditions

Hello Friends, I have a file(InputFile.csv) with the following columns(the columns are pipe-delimited): ColA|ColB|ColC|ColD|ColE|ColF Now for this file, I have to get those records which fulfil the following condition: If "ColB" is NOT NULL and "ColD" has values one of the following... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehimadri
9 Replies

5. Programming

mysql query multiple records for one field

Hello Group, What I have is a database with about a dozen fields and one being "City". What I would like to do is to have a custom query on a single field for multiple items (cities) but I don't know how to do this. I know this is probably kids play for most of you but I am lost. What I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vestport
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retreive the records from file2 by using the first field in file1

Hi Freinds, i have a file1 as below file1 1|ndmf|fdd|d3484|34874 2|jdehf|wru7|478|w489 3|dfkj|wej|484|49894 file2 contains lakhs of records and not in sorted order i want to retrive only the records from file2 by searcing the first field of file 1 i used grep ^1 file2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract 4th field if numerics?

I have a file which contains fields comma separated & with each field surrounded by quotes. The 4th field contains either a serial number, the text ABC, the text XYZ or it's blank. I want to only extract records which have a serial number. Here's some sample data: > cat myfile... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CHoggarth
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select a particular field from a drop-down menu in a webpage using perl script?

Hi Team, I have a requirement to login into URL using username and password , then I have to select a "particular name" from drop-down menu and then Read the values user records etc.... using perl. Is it possible to do in perl script ? (OR) Can you please let me know which scripting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: latika
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check field value from a file records

I need a script to check the records in a file , if any value match transfer the record in error.txt file. 1- If any of the any field value is NULL(nothing in this field) Record1|Record2|Record3|Record4|Record5|DATE1|DATE2 Example: 11111111|22222222|NULL|12|444|27042018|27042018... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekn
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find records with specific characters in 2 nd field

Hi , I have a requirement to read a file ( 5 fields , ~ delimited) and find the records which contain anything other than Alphabets, Numbers , comma ,space and dot . ie a-z and A-Z and 0-9 and . and " " and , in 2nd field. Once I do that i would want the result to have field1|<flag> flag can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
2 Replies
fwtmp(1M)																 fwtmp(1M)

NAME
fwtmp, wtmpfix - manipulate connect accounting records SYNOPSIS
[files] DESCRIPTION
fwtmp reads from the standard input and writes to the standard output, converting binary records of the type found in to formatted ASCII records. The ASCII version is useful to enable editing, via ed(1), bad records or for general purpose maintenance of the file. The argument is used to denote that input is in ASCII form, and output is to be written in binary form. The arguments and are independent, respectively specifying ASCII input and binary output. Therefor, is an ASCII to ASCII copy and is a binary to binary copy. should be used for reading If is not used, structure is read. wtmpfix examines the standard input or named files in format, corrects the time/date stamps to make the entries consistent, and writes to the stan- dard output. A can be used in place of files to indicate the standard input. If time/date corrections are not performed, will fault when it encounters certain date-change records. Each time the date is set, a pair of date change records is written to The first record is the old date denoted by the string old time placed in the line field and the flag placed in the type field of the structure. The second record specifies the new date, and is denoted by the string placed in the line field and the flag placed in the type field. uses these records to synchronize all time stamps in the file. nullifies date change records when writing to the standard output by setting the time field of the structure in the old date change record equal to the time field in the new date change record. This prevents and from factoring in a date change record pair more than once. In addition to correcting time/date stamps, wtmpfix checks the validity of the name field to ensure that it consists solely of alphanumeric characters or spaces. If it encounters a name that is considered invalid, it changes the login name to and writes a diagnostic to the standard error. This minimizes the risk that will fail when processing connect accounting records. DIAGNOSTICS
wtmpfix generates the following diagnostics messages: WARNINGS
generates no errors, even on garbage input. FILES
SEE ALSO
ed(1), acct(1M), acctcms(1M), acctcom(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), acctsh(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), acct(4), utmp(4), wtmps(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
fwtmp(1M)