Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Chat with iBot - Our RSS Robot Girl Where to find Linux functions coresponding to the Solaris DDI/DDK? Post 302131923 by Gollum on Tuesday 14th of August 2007 10:14:05 AM
Old 08-14-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyanov
OK then, i'll try something simpler:
Is there a way to use a function defined inside a driver code, into other driver code? Because i want to map some VME windows, which will be used at driver initialization time, tried something out and got the following error:
Code:
/usr1/develop/boyanov/mvmepz01/src/myVME/myVME.c:278: undefined reference to `vme_get_out_bound'

Hope you can help me out, or at least have some ideas.

Best regards,
boyanov
Interesting deduction. Is that your final answer?

That's interesting.Why do you want to do map some VME windows which will be used at driver initialization time tried something out and got the following errorusr1developboyanovmvmepz01srcmyVMEmyVME so much? Interesting.What do you really want to ask me?
Who is your favorite Science Fiction author?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Where can I find Linux functions corresponding to the Solaris DDI?

Hello, I'm not sure whether this thread is in the right subforum, if it isn't please excuse me. So, here's my question - right now I'm trying to port a Solaris device driver for a custom piece of hardware to Linux (2.6.15), and I'm having some troubles finding the proper corresponding... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyanov
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Are these C++ functions Available in SUN Solaris?

I tried to compile a socket programming code under SUN Solaris by using g++, i get the following errors: Undefined first referenced symbol in file __xnet_connect /var/tmp//ccidZvCu.o __xnet_socket ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help me to find the functions for description

i have taken a screen shot of the question. http://www.magicscreenshot.com/MagicScreenshot/REAdbT956kE.png Please some one help me.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjamsheed
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

DES and Crypt functions in Linux RedHat

Hi I wish to encrypt some files in Linux Redhat server using DES and Encrpt functions but I am not able to find such fncs in Linux. Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilk
0 Replies

5. Programming

c functions to turn off open ports in linux

nmap is a network utility which gives u information about open ports on ur system. for eg $ nmap 10.226.112.202 PORT STATE SERVICE 7/tcp open echo 13/tcp open daytime 22/tcp open ssh 23/tcp open telnet 37/tcp open time 1100/tcp open unknown these open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand121
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to find where functions is called in c

Hello, I need to write a perl script to find where functions is called in c files.. The script should scan the file and find out the function names and then search to see where they are called... Lets for now assume all functions are internal. I don't know where to start :( ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bojomojo
4 Replies

7. Programming

can a linux kernel module call libc functions?

can a linux kernel module call libc functions, such as printf(), strcpy(), etc...? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command works on Linux but fails on Solaris.

Hi, I am looking for a generic find command that works on both Linux and Solaris. I have the below command that works fine on Linux but fails on solaris.find /web/config -type f '(' -name '*.txt' -or -name '*.xml' -name '*.pro' ')' Fails on SunOS mysolaris 5.10 Generic_150400-61 sun4v sparc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find C programming functions using shell script?

I want to find c function definition with pattern with shell script by checking condition for each line: data_type functionname(param_list){ .... } I knew cscope or ctag is usable for this task, but if there any ways to do without using them. I am thinking of checking line condition... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmdcmd
3 Replies
ddi_dma_set_sbus64(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				    ddi_dma_set_sbus64(9F)

NAME
ddi_dma_set_sbus64 - allow 64-bit transfers on SBus SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_dma_set_sbus64(ddi_dma_handle_t handle, uint_t burstsizes); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
handle The handle filled in by a call to ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F). burstsizes The possible burst sizes the device's DMA engine can accept in 64-bit mode. DESCRIPTION
ddi_dma_set_sbus64() informs the system that the device wishes to perform 64-bit data transfers on the SBus. The driver must first allocate a DMA handle using ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F) with a ddi_dma_attr(9S) structure describing the DMA attributes for a 32-bit transfer mode. burstsizes describes the possible burst sizes the device's DMA engine can accept in 64-bit mode. It may be distinct from the burst sizes for 32-bit mode set in the ddi_dma_attr(9S) structure. The system will activate 64-bit SBus transfers if the SBus supports them. Other- wise, the SBus will operate in 32-bit mode. After DMA resources have been allocated (see ddi_dma_addr_bind_handle(9F) or ddi_dma_buf_bind_handle(9F)), the driver should retrieve the available burst sizes by calling ddi_dma_burstsizes(9F). This function will return the burst sizes in 64-bit mode if the system was able to activate 64-bit transfers. Otherwise burst sizes will be returned in 32-bit mode. RETURN VALUES
ddi_dma_set_sbus64() returns: DDI_SUCCESS Successfully set the SBus to 64-bit mode. DDI_FAILURE 64-bit mode could not be set. CONTEXT
ddi_dma_set_sbus64() can be called from user, kernel, or interrupt context. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SBus | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), ddi_dma_addr_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F), ddi_dma_buf_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_burstsizes(9F), ddi_dma_attr(9S) NOTES
64-bit SBus mode is activated on a per SBus slot basis. If there are multiple SBus cards in one slot, they all must operate in 64-bit mode or they all must operate in 32-bit mode. SunOS 5.11 1 Jan 1997 ddi_dma_set_sbus64(9F)