Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Overwrite & Delete in Text File Post 302131915 by 33junaid on Tuesday 14th of August 2007 09:55:39 AM
Old 08-14-2007
any luck for me as well?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced Search & Delete Text File

I have a file in which email messages are stored in. Every email is separated by by a ^Z character (Control-Z). I need to extract all emails after the 65,00th one to another file and delete them from the original file. Any suggests on accomplishing this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxcell
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to overwrite but can delete file

I'm debugging a ksh script written by someone else that does the following: It runs a command and redirects stdout to a file called dberror that already exists using ">". This command fails with the following error: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action. dberror:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: savage66
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search/replace specific field, using variables for regexp & subsitution then overwrite file

Hello, I'm trying the solve the following problem. I have a file which I intend to use as a csv called master.csv The columns are separated by commas. I want to change the text on a specific row in either column 3,4,5 or 6 from xxx to yyy depending upon if column 1 matches a specified pattern.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyphex
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & DELETE ZIPS older than 12 months

ENVIROMENT Linux: Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) iPlanet: iPlanet-WebServer-Enterprise/6.0SP1 Log Path: /usr/iplanet/servers/https-company/logs I have iPlanet log rotation enabled rotating files on a daily basis. The rotated logs are NOT compressed & are taking up too much space. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zachs
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Better to Delete or Overwrite

Hello All, I had just a question about my Bash Script I'm currently writing. The script I have writes some text to a output file. After I write to the output file I send the file to another server to do some stuff with it. After the file sends in the script, I don't need the output/txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete lines of a text file based on another text file?

I have 2 TXT files with with 8 columns in them(tab separated). First file has 2000 entries whereas 2nd file has 300 entries. The first file has ALL the lines of second file. Now I need to remove those 300 lines (which are in both files) from first file so that first file's line count become... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to overwrite & before that keep copy a file on many servers

I have ssh password less auth enable & script does the job well as well #/bin/bash for i in `cat ip` do scp /etc/resolv.conf root@$ip done But I need to take backup of the file i will overwrite .. is there any simple way ? Kindly respond (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete records based on a text file from a text file

Hi Folks, I am a novice and need to build a script in bash. I have 2 text files data.txt file is big file, column 2 is the we need to search and delete in the output. The filter file contains the rows to be deleted. Data.txt state city zone Alabama Huntsville 4 California SanDiego 3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & send a mail conformation for any error

ENVIROMENT Linux: RHEL 6.4 Log Path: /usr/iplanet/servers/https-company/logs Log Format: user.log.03-15-2015 I have log4j log rotation enabled rotating files on a daily basis. The rotated logs are NOT compressed & are taking up too much space. I need a script that will run daily that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_job_admin
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies
SVN::Dump::Record(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    SVN::Dump::Record(3pm)

NAME
SVN::Dump::Record - A SVN dump record SYNOPSIS
# SVN::Dump::Record objects are returned by the next_record() # method of SVN::Dump DESCRIPTION
An "SVN::Dump::Record" object represents a Subversion dump record. METHODS
"SVN::Dump" provides the following gourps of methods: Record methods new() Create a new empty "SVN::Dump::Record" object. type() Return the record type, as guessed from its headers. The method dies if the record type cannot be determined. set_header( $h, $v ) Set the header $h to the value $v. get_header( $h ) Get the value of header $h. set_property( $p, $v ) Set the property $p to the value $v. get_property( $p ) Get the value of property $p. delete_property( @k ) Delete the set_text( $t ) Set the value of the text block. get_text() Get the value of the text block. Inner blocks manipulation A "SVN::Dump::Record" is composed of several inner blocks of various kinds: "SVN::Dump::Headers", "SVN::Dump::Property" and "SVN::Dump::Text". The following methods provide access to these blocks: set_headers_block( $headers ) get_headers_block() Get or set the "SVN::Dump::Headers" object that represents the record headers. set_property_block( $property ) get_property_block() Get or set the "SVN::Dump::Property" object that represents the record property block. delete_property( @keys ) Delete the given properties. Behave like the builtin "delete()". set_text_block( $text ) get_text_block() Get or set the "SVN::Dump::Text" object that represents the record text block. set_included_record( $record ) get_included_record() Some special record are actually output recursiveley by svnadmin dump. The "record in the record" is stored within the parent record, so they are parsed as a single record with an included record. "get_record()" / "set_record()" give access to the included record. According to the Subversion sources (subversion/libsvn_repos/dump.c), this is a "delete original, then add-with-history" node. The dump looks like this: Node-path: tags/mytag/myfile Node-kind: file Node-action: delete Node-path: tags/mytag/myfile Node-kind: file Node-action: add Node-copyfrom-rev: 23 Node-copyfrom-path: trunk/myfile Note that there is a single blank line after the first header block, and four after the included one. update_headers() Update the various "...-length" headers. Used internally. You must call this method if you update the inner property or text blocks directly, or the results of "as_string()" will be inconsistent. Information methods has_prop() Return a boolean value indicating if the record has a property block. has_text() Return a boolean value indicating if the record has a text block. has_prop_only() Return a boolean value indicating if the record has only a property block (and no text block). has_prop_or_text() Return a boolean value indicating if the record has a property block or a text block. property_length() Return the length of the property block. text_length() Return the length of the text block. Output method as_string() Return a string representation of the record. Warning: dumping a record currenly gives back the information that was read from the original dump. Which means that if you modified the property or text block of a record, the headers will be inconstent. ENCAPSULATION
When using "SVN::Dump" to manipulate a SVN dump, one should not directly access the "SVN::Dump::Headers", "SVN::Dump::Property" and "SVN::Dump::Text" components of a "SVN::Dump::Record" object, but use the appropriate "set_...()" and "get_...()" methods of the record object. These methods compute the appropriate modifications of the header values, so that the "as_string()" method outputs the correct information after any modification of the record. SEE ALSO
"SVN::Dump::Headers", "SVN::Dump::Property", "SVN::Dump::Text". COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006-2011 Philippe 'BooK' Bruhat, All Rights Reserved. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-03-22 SVN::Dump::Record(3pm)