Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Connecting to SUN server from PC Post 302131894 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 14th of August 2007 08:45:56 AM
Old 08-14-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by porter
You have got the the openprom prompt.

Type...

Code:
probe-scsi
probe-scsi-all
reset

and post what it says....
also the output of:

- printenv
- devalias

should be usefull Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to UNIX server

Hi, My knowledge bucket of UNIX is almost empty. I have developed an application in EXCEL which can create XML files (Metadata) from Binaries. These binaries are stored in UNIX server on regular intervals. Currently I am transferring all binaries(GBs of files) to WINDOWS using WINSCP and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobs
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem with connecting with Sun Java Web console

Hi, I have Solaris 10 8/07 on SPARC and I can't log in Web console. When I opened browser (Firefox 3) at localhost:6789 I get Save file dialog which asks me to save some file with .part at the end. What information should I provide to find out where is the trouble?.. Internet explorer says... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to other server thru ftp

Hi, Can someone help me on how to ftp to UNIX server from an another UNIX Server. I tried the follwoing but it is not working. ftp -n 10.10.0.1 quote user usrname quote pass passwd ls Though ftp is starting it is not allowing me run command..... it is asking to Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Windows Server

Hi, One of the folders in UNIX is mapped with a drive on Windows.From this UNIX machine I want to connect to the Windows Server, perform some checks and view the results back on the UNIX machine. For e.g. if I touch a file under the shared folder on UNIX, I should be able to telnet to Windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
2 Replies

5. Hardware

SUN V245 Connecting To router Through Alom

Hello. I have a sun v245 and I have no hard drive for it yet but i would like to connect it to my home router by ethernet cable so I can use Alom remotely. Could someone please tell me how to set it up. Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SunV245
1 Replies
scsi_hba_probe(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					scsi_hba_probe(9F)

NAME
scsi_hba_probe - default SCSI HBA probe function SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> int scsi_hba_probe(struct scsi_device *sd, int(*waitfunc)(void)); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris architecture specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
sd Pointer to a scsi_device(9S) structure describing the target. waitfunc NULL_FUNC or SLEEP_FUNC. DESCRIPTION
scsi_hba_probe() is a function providing the semantics of scsi_probe(9F). An HBA driver may call scsi_hba_probe() from its tran_tgt_probe(9E) entry point, to probe for the existence of a target on the SCSI bus, or the HBA may set tran_tgt_probe(9E) to point to scsi_hba_probe directly. RETURN VALUES
See scsi_probe(9F) for the return values from scsi_hba_probe(). CONTEXT
scsi_hba_probe() should only be called from the HBA's tran_tgt_probe(9E) entry point. SEE ALSO
tran_tgt_probe(9E), scsi_probe(9F), scsi_device(9S) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 30 Aug 1995 scsi_hba_probe(9F)