Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mounting DLT tape and to backup file to tape Post 302131836 by ayzeayem on Tuesday 14th of August 2007 02:09:45 AM
Old 08-14-2007
Computer Mounting DLT tape and to backup file to tape

Hi there: I'm new here
Can anyone help me:

I have DS15 Alpha server : Unix 5.1B
Now i need to connect a DLVT VS80 1U Rackmount Tape Drive unit.
What is the exact comman to mount the DLTape IV??
How do i make backuo @ copy file to the tape?

Thanx to all

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DLT TAPE DRIVE/ Script problem /Ignite.

Thanks for checking in. We have this script that does a backup called Ignite on HP-UX in this script it does everything it supposed to do accept one thing Script ######################################### echo clear cd / echo " Please ensure there is a DLT tape in Slot 6 of the Tape... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemex
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Space free on tape /delete a single file on tape

Hi, I' using a sun solaris server, I would like to known if there is the possibility to control how many space is free on a tape and how I can delete a single file on a tape. Thanks DOMENICO (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pulling a file off a backup tape

I have AIX 5.1 This may sound like a really dumb question but I have never done this before. I would like to pull a file off a backup tape and put back on the AIX is this as simple as as doing a mount /dev/rmt1 then the file name that is on the tape /dump/rpt/xxxxxx Do I just copy it... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check backup file size on backup tape

Hi, I performed backup on tape and I want to append more files to my previous backup on the same backup tape. But before I do that I need to know the backup file size of the first backup I performed so that I know the available size on the backup tape. Can someone help me what command I will use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
0 Replies

5. Solaris

define .rhost file for tape backup to remote host

howdy experts, i am using 2 server- Solaris 5.9 i have tape device attached with 1 of my solaris server. But others not. # modinfo|grep tape 152 13d43e4 1333c 33 1 st (SCSI tape Driver 1.231) now i want to Backup DATA file and System File in Tape Drive. How do I take data and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy file from a backup tape

I have several files that I need to get off of a backup tape. I'm using AIX 4.3 (I know this is old) and our backups are done using the bru command. I need to copy these files to a specific location, and not restore them to the original location. Can anyone tell me what command I should use to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: troy
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

DLT 7000 tape drive failing with "write error on a record in the index"

HP rp5450 (L2000) running HP-UX 11.11B Using DLT 7000 and DLT 4000 tape drives for nightly full backups Backup jobs created by SAM DLT 7000 cron entry is as follows: 00 2 * * 1-6 /usr/sam/lbin/br_backup DLT FULL Y /dev/rmt/0m /var/sam/graphLCAa17036 root Y 1 N > /var/sam/SAM_br_msgs 2>&1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreh99
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to take backup of ZFS file system on a tape drive?

Hi Guys, I want to take backup of a ZFS file system on tape drive. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks, Pras (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
0 Replies

9. SCO

Mounting Tape Drive

Sorry I posted it in wrong forum first. OK, I'm new to Unix (but an IT since DOS 6.2 era) Long story short I'm trying to help a friend who has failing Unix system which is perhaps 16 years old with SCO Openserver 3.4v4.2 with DDS90 Tape where they backup their data. I've setup a Dell Precision... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunail
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Install ext DLT Sun Tape drive on V445 Solaris 10

I have a SunFire V445 running Solaris 10 and am adding a Sun DLT tape drive. From the OK prompt the probe-scsi-all does see the drive and it is the proper target of 4. When I do the boot -- -r it does build the /dev/rmt directories correctly and the links to /devices appear correct as well. When I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chastings
8 Replies
tms(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						    tms(7)

NAME
tms - TMSCP magnetic tape interface SYNOPSIS
For XMI/KDM on Alpha-based systems: bus xmi0 at iop0 vector xmierror controller uq0 at xmi? port kdm vector uqintr device tape tms0 at uq0 drive 0 For MSI Bus: only MIPS-based DECsystem 5500 bus msi0 at ibus? vector msi_isr controller dssc1 at msi0 msinode 1 device tape tms3 at dssc1 drive 3 For XMI/CI/HSC on Alpha-based systems: bus xmi0 at iop0 vector xmierror bus ci0 at xmi? port np vector cimna_isr controller hsc6 at ci0 cinode 6 device tape tms3 at hsc6 drive 3 For tms devices dual ported between two controllers: device tape tms2 at * drive 2 DESCRIPTION
The TMSCP driver provides a standard tape drive interface, as described in mtio(7). This is a driver for any controller that adheres to the Tape Mass Storage Control Protocol (TMSCP). The TMSCP controllers communicate with the host through a packet-oriented protocol termed the Tape Mass Storage Control Protocol. Tape Support - Alpha-based systems TA78, TA79, TA81, TA90, TA90E, TA91 Diagnostics All diagnostic messages are sent to the error logger subsystem. FILES
/dev/rmt??? /dev/nrmt??? SEE ALSO
mtio(7), MAKEDEV(8), uerf(8), tapex(8) delim off tms(7)