Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to find files on a given input date Post 302131790 by ar.karan on Monday 13th of August 2007 05:41:57 PM
Old 08-13-2007
Script to find files on a given input date

Hello gurus,
I need to write a script to find out all the file that got changed on a specific folder since a given input date (Date to be given as Input)
Thanx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find files and using them as input arguements for another command

I need to do the following: 1) find files in certain directories that have todays date stamp 2) use these files as input arguements into another command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobbygrep
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script to find files by date and size

Hi, I have a directory PRIVATE in which I have several directories and each of these have several files. Therefore, I need to find those files by size and date to back up those files in another directory. I don't know how to implement this shell script using ''find''. appreciate any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dadadc
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I know find syntax to find given date files

Hi All, Can i use find command to know given date files? If yes, then please let me know the syntax for the same. Thanks in advance for your postive responses Regards, Bachegowda (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find latest date and time of the files

Hi everyone, Please help:) I have a list of 1000 different files which comes daily to the directory.Some of the files are not coming to the directory now. I need to write a shell script to find the latest date and time of the files they came to the directory. The files should be unique.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthicss
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files with an input for directories and an input for path/file

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how best to approach this script, and I have very little experience, so I could use all the help I can get. :wall: I regularly need to delete files from many directories. A file with the same name may exist any number of times in different subdirectories.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: *ShadowCat*
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Files with a input in directories

So i have directories that store logs, 1 directorie for each day, with the name like this : 2012_07_01/ 2012_07_02/ and for each directorie we have the logs, inside them lives the logs for that day, and every log have this name pattern : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drd0spt
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input date on script

How can I allow users to change the date and time in a script? Say the user1 wil login and he will be inputting the desired date (example format below). I will need this script so the user can login and change the date anytime during the day. I will not allow him to use any command except the date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with ksh script to list, then cp files from a user input date range

Hi, I'm quite new to ksh scripting, can someone help me with this. Requirements: I need to create a script that list the files from a user input date range. e. g. format of file: *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00* *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00* *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chococrunch6
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to get previous date for the given input date..

hi all, need a script or command to get the previous date for the given input date... like in my script i will pass date as input parameter like 2014-12-01 and i want the output as previous date.. ie.. 2014-11-30 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies
SORTM(1)							     [nmh-1.5]								  SORTM(1)

NAME
sortm - sort messages SYNOPSIS
sortm [+folder] [msgs] [-datefield field] [-textfield field] [-notextfield] [-limit days] [-nolimit] [-verbose | -noverbose] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Sortm sorts the specified messages in the named folder according to the chronological order of the "Date:" field of each message. The -verbose switch directs sortm to tell the user the general actions that it is taking to place the folder in sorted order. The -datefield field switch tells sortm the name of the field to use when making the date comparison. If the user has a special field in each message, such as "BB-Posted:" or "Delivery-Date:", then the -datefield switch can be used to direct sortm which field to examine. The -textfield field switch causes sortm to sort messages by the specified text field. If this field is "subject", any leading "re:" is stripped off. In any case, all characters except letters and numbers are stripped and the resulting strings are sorted datefield-major, textfield-minor, using a case insensitive comparison. With -textfield field, if -limit days is specified, messages with similar textfields that are dated within `days' of each other appear together. Specifying -nolimit makes the limit infinity. With -limit 0, the sort is instead made textfield-major, date-minor. For example, to order a folder by date-major, subject-minor, use: sortm -textfield subject +folder FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder SEE ALSO
folder(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder `msgs"'defaultstoall" `-datefield' defaults to date `-notextfield' `-noverbose' `-nolimit' CONTEXT
If a folder is given, it will become the current folder. If the current message is moved, sortm will preserve its status as current. HISTORY
Timezones used to be ignored when comparing dates: they aren't any more. Messages which were in the folder, but not specified by `msgs', used to be moved to the end of the folder; now such messages are left untouched. Sortm sometimes did not preserve the message numbering in a folder (e.g., messages 1, 3, and 5, might have been renumbered to 1, 2, 3 after sorting). This was a bug, and has been fixed. To compress the message numbering in a folder, use "folder -pack" as always. BUGS
If sortm encounters a message without a date-field, or if the message has a date-field that sortm cannot parse, then sortm attempts to keep the message in the same relative position. This does not always work. For instance, if the first message encountered lacks a date which can be parsed, then it will usually be placed at the end of the messages being sorted. When sortm complains about a message which it can't temporally order, it complains about the message number prior to sorting. It should indicate what the message number will be after sorting. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 SORTM(1)