Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: running multiple scripts
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting running multiple scripts Post 302131684 by nvuradi on Monday 13th of August 2007 07:02:37 AM
Old 08-13-2007
running multiple scripts

Hi all I have a requirement where I have a flow like

Script1
script2 Script3 Script 4 Script 5 Script 6

script7

where script2 to script6 will running simultaneoulsy

After the completion of script1 I have to run 5 scripts in parallel ..only after the completion of these 5 scripts I have to run the script7.

For this, I have this script

Script1

Script2 &

Script3 &

Script4 &

Script5 &

Script6 &

Script7

But this one after executing the script1 executing the remaining all the scripts simultaneously. I want the script7 to be run after the completion of the all the previous scripts……any help regarding this???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to open multiple shells while the scripts keeps running.

Hello, I've tried for a while now to run a bash script that continues to the end, while opening new shells as needed. I've tried xterm -e "somecommand"; & xterm -e " somecommand"; I've also tried screen -S "somecommand"; & screen -S "somecommand"; All without any luck, they... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Closed_Socket
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple child scripts running in backgroud, how to use grep on the parent?

Hi I have a shell script A which calls another 10 shell scripts which run in background. How do i make the parent script wait for the child scripts complete, or in other words, i must be able to do a grep of parent script to find out if the child scripts are still running. My Code: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: albertashish
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts within scripts from cron

Hi all, I have set up a cron job which calls another shell script shell script which in turn calls a Java process. The cron tab looks so. 0,30 7-18 * * 1-5 /u01/home/weblogic/brp/bin/checkstatus.sh >> /u01/home/weblogic/logs/checkstatus.log The checkstatus.sh scripts looks like this. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbrian
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Multiple scripts based on file size.

Hi, I have created 3 shell scripts which has to run one by one first two shell scripts will create a .txt files...which are used by the third shell script.Now I want to create a master script and run all these in a single script. Please give a pseudo code on how to so the same. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making use of multiple cores for running sed and awk scripts

Hi All, After reading that the sort command in Linux can be made to use many processor cores just by using a simple script which I found on the internet, I was wondering if I can use similar techniques for programs like the awk and sed? #!/bin/bash # Usage: psort filename <chunksize>... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running multiple php scripts into one php only, cron mail alert problem...

hi, while separated they produce the usual mail alert and i can see the output... if i write into the php script: <?php system('php -f /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/folder/script1.php'); system('php -f /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/folder/script2.php'); system('php -f... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 7stars
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem in running multiple scripts

hi all, I have 3 individual scripts to perform the task . 2nd script should run only after the 1st script and 3rd script must run only after first 2 scripts are executed successfully. i want to have a single script that calls all this 3 scripts .this single script should execute the 2nd script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahul619
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling multiple scripts from another scripts

Dear all, I am working on script which call other shell scripts in a loop but problem is from second script am not able to come out. Here is the snippet:- #!/bin/bash HSFILE=/root/Test/Components.txt LOGFile=/opt/domain/AdminDomain/application/logs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running Multiple Scripts for different business date

Hi Team, I have the below 4 scripts which I will be running in sequential order. This run will start for today's business date. If all the 4 scripts are success for today that means script has ran succesfully. Howver if any one of these 4 scripts failed then it has to take the next... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deena1984
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Multiple scripts at a time

Hello! I have a scriptA.ksh and in this script I need to call script1.ksh, script2.ksh, script3.ksh, script4.ksh and script5.ksh. But want to run in two batches like 1st script1.ksh, script2.ksh, script3.ksh, once all 3 are completed then script4.ksh script5.ksh I have given the syntax... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)