Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Opening a UNIX shell in Java
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Opening a UNIX shell in Java Post 302131663 by guyi on Monday 13th of August 2007 05:00:48 AM
Old 08-13-2007
Can I change the shell's "non-interactive" mode to an "interactive"? Can I "trick" him, or this is it and there is nothing to do? although I believe that it should be a solution.

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

File Opening in C++ in Unix Env

Pls someone help me. This piece of code is giving me weird results. ofstream outfile; ofstream out; char filename1; char filename2; memset(filename1,'\0',sizeof(filename1)); memset(filename2,'\0',sizeof(filename2)); strcpy(filename1,"Testing1.out");... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skannan
0 Replies

2. Programming

Opening a TCPIP Port with UNIX C

i am new to UNIX and C (primarilly a JDE and AS400/RPG developer). However, I need to find a way to send data to and from a web service from within a UNIX C program. What i would like to be able to do is to receive in a block of XML (from a non C application), wrap it, and then open a TCPIP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaveBarber
3 Replies

3. Programming

exit status running java classpath in unix shell

I have a java classpath running inside of a unix shell script. During my testing it will error with lines that show an example like this below. java.io.FileNotFoundException error at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:129), ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmcds
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell script vs Java

Members, I been faced with an issue where i have to sale my project against JAVA.would like to know more on the strong point of shell script (bash shell) over java.I have a very limited knowledge on java.is there anyone who has worked on java and shell scripting in both and really been able to... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: navojit dutta
13 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Java or C for creating a unix shell?

Hi, Great to find this forum! I'm a complete newbie to unix, and am having a hard time finding my way around. Firstly, I've been reading something about c shell programming being one tenth the size of c programming done on unix.....I couldn't figure what that meant, but there were two... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdsd
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Java Method from UNIX using shell script

Hi All, I need to call a java method from a shell script. I know we can use the command java ClassName to call the main method in it. But I need to call another method that is there in the class and pass an email to it. Can I use java ClassName.MethodName(email) Any help will be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulK
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with opening another file from within a shell script

Hi, I am trying to open a file that I have created from withn a shell script and cannot seem to get it working. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdsrogers
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute a unix shell script from a java program

Hi All, well , i am facing this problem.. i have tried a few sample codes but there isn't any solution . could anyone please give a sample code as of how to do this... Please see the below details...and read the details carefully. I have written some code, logic is 1)from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opening a Unix File with Mac OS X

Hi. I'm new to Unix and recently received Unix files via email. I downloaded those files but am unable to open them on my computer which uses Mac OS X. How do I open the files? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: michellemc
11 Replies
GIT-SHELL(1)							    Git Manual							      GIT-SHELL(1)

NAME
git-shell - Restricted login shell for Git-only SSH access SYNOPSIS
chsh -s $(command -v git-shell) <user> git clone <user>@localhost:/path/to/repo.git ssh <user>@localhost DESCRIPTION
This is a login shell for SSH accounts to provide restricted Git access. It permits execution only of server-side Git commands implementing the pull/push functionality, plus custom commands present in a subdirectory named git-shell-commands in the user's home directory. COMMANDS
git shell accepts the following commands after the -c option: git receive-pack <argument>, git upload-pack <argument>, git upload-archive <argument> Call the corresponding server-side command to support the client's git push, git fetch, or git archive --remote request. cvs server Imitate a CVS server. See git-cvsserver(1). If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell will also handle other, custom commands by running "git-shell-commands/<command> <arguments>" from the user's home directory. INTERACTIVE USE
By default, the commands above can be executed only with the -c option; the shell is not interactive. If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell can also be run interactively (with no arguments). If a help command is present in the git-shell-commands directory, it is run to provide the user with an overview of allowed actions. Then a "git> " prompt is presented at which one can enter any of the commands from the git-shell-commands directory, or exit to close the connection. Generally this mode is used as an administrative interface to allow users to list repositories they have access to, create, delete, or rename repositories, or change repository descriptions and permissions. If a no-interactive-login command exists, then it is run and the interactive shell is aborted. EXAMPLE
To disable interactive logins, displaying a greeting instead: + $ chsh -s /usr/bin/git-shell $ mkdir $HOME/git-shell-commands $ cat >$HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login <<EOF #!/bin/sh printf '%s ' "Hi $USER! You've successfully authenticated, but I do not" printf '%s ' "provide interactive shell access." exit 128 EOF $ chmod +x $HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login SEE ALSO
ssh(1), git-daemon(1), contrib/git-shell-commands/README GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-SHELL(1)