Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Depends on Machine?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Depends on Machine? Post 302131526 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 11th of August 2007 03:29:06 PM
Old 08-11-2007
check your path to your perl interpreter...

# which perl

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please my job depends on this ....

I need to write a script that will move files from a direcory to another directory, but only the files that are owned by a specific owner. e.g. if seven files in a dir are owner by a user called 'budd' then move to a direcory called \budd. If not then leave alone. Many Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Budd
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please Help:Need to Split the file into mutliple files depends on the KEY field value

Hi Gurus, I am new to UNIX(HP). my requirmnet is File needs to needs to be split into multiple files dependa on one key value. example 1 abc 333 us 2 bbc 444 ch 5 nnn 333 kk 7 hhh 555 ll 3 hhh 333 hh now the requirment is line with 333 should be copied into test1.txt and... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arund_01
14 Replies

3. Programming

valgrind (Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s))

Hi everybody, I wrote a small subroutine 'GetStringDelim()' to return a substring from a string enclosed by a string 'Limit1' and a char 'Limit2'. It works perfectly and I don't get an error message together with valgrind, if I set the 3rd parameter in GetStringDelim() to NULL (see below). ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIB_Maik
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

To find the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine and SCP to local machine?

Hi All, URGENT - Please help me form a scipt for this: I need the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine to be SCP'd to a dir on local machine. (and I need to execute this from local server) I know that the below cmd is used to find the LATEST file from a dir. But this command is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_ub
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

valgrind Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)

Hi, I know similar questions appeared here already, still i didnt find answer to my problem yet. Im getting the following message from valgrind (version 2): ==15414== 1 errors in context 1 of 6: ==15414== Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s) ==15414== at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evasz
2 Replies

6. Programming

Valgrind Error : Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)

Hi Friends, I am using valgrind, to check errors, there are no errors in my code but this the output put i get, i need to suppress these errors, please help me do so... Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s) ==2350== at 0x400AF0F: (within /lib/ld-2.11.1.so)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niranjanvg
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop depends on variable

The variable N is set upon start of script so while loop runs and keeps running because N is not being updated when loop is running: N becomes less than 9 but it still runs (should be "done").... Any ideas? Thanks! N=`wc -l /home/count.txt | awk '{print $1}'` while test "$N" -gt "10"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: holyearth
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Result of nmap depends of mac address

Hi guys, i am having some mine bash script which print only ip addresses echo "Interfaces IP addresses:" ip -o addr | awk '!/^*: ?lo|link\/ether/ {print $2" "$4}' echo -n "enter range of IPs(192.168.0.1-254): " read range nmap -oG - $range >/home/test/Desktop/SCAN cat... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
0 Replies
PERLFREEBSD(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    PERLFREEBSD(1)

NAME
README.freebsd - Perl version 5 on FreeBSD systems DESCRIPTION
This document describes various features of FreeBSD that will affect how Perl version 5 (hereafter just Perl) is compiled and/or runs. FreeBSD core dumps from readdir_r with ithreads When perl is configured to use ithreads, it will use re-entrant library calls in preference to non-re-entrant versions. There is a bug in FreeBSD's "readdir_r" function in versions 4.5 and earlier that can cause a SEGV when reading large directories. A patch for FreeBSD libc is available (see http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=misc/30631 ) which has been integrated into FreeBSD 4.6. $^X doesn't always contain a full path in FreeBSD perl 5.8.0 sets $^X where possible to a full path by asking the operating system. On FreeBSD the full path of the perl interpreter is found by reading the symlink /proc/curproc/file. There is a bug on FreeBSD, where the result of reading this symlink is can be wrong in certain circumstances (see http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=35703 ). In these cases perl will fall back to the old behaviour of using C's argv[0] value for $^X. Perl will no longer be part of "base FreeBSD" Not as bad as it sounds--what this means is that Perl will no longer be part of the kernel build system of FreeBSD. Perl will still very probably be part of the "default install", and in any case the latest version will be in the ports system. The first FreeBSD version this change will affect is 5.0, all 4.n versions will keep the status quo. AUTHOR
Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org>, collating wisdom supplied by Slaven Rezic and Tim Bunce. Please report any errors, updates, or suggestions to perlbug@perl.org. perl v5.8.0 2003-02-18 PERLFREEBSD(1)