Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Makefile compilation Error -Unable to create executable Post 302131492 by porter on Saturday 11th of August 2007 07:16:34 AM
Old 08-11-2007
A makefile rule is as follows

Code:
output :  input......
      command to build

Your macro $(PROC_PREFIX) looks wrong as it's not in the rule.

Eg your command says "$(PROC_PREFIX)arther.o" but the rule says "arther.o"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

about create Makefile

hello! i want to create a Makefile on the freebsd 4.5,so i vi the hello.c #include int main(int argc, char** argv) { printf(''Hello, GNU!\n''); return 0; } #autoscan #cp configure.scan configure.in #vi configure.in modify:AC_OUTPUT AC_OUTPUT(Makefile) #aclocal #autoconf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzp
0 Replies

2. Programming

Issue with Makefile compilation

All, I am facing problem with one makefile compilation. The following is the error I am getting <Code> /applns/ora10/rdbms/bin/proc sqlcheck=semantics userid=/ CHAR_MAP=VARCHAR2 DBMS=V7 DEFINE=UNIX DEFINE=SUN_SRC_COMPAT iname=mm5900.pc sh: /applns/ora10/rdbms/bin/proc: not found *** Error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsurendiran
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with makefile compilation

All, I am facing problem with one makefile compilation. The following is the error I am getting, Before proceeding to this I want to let you know all, only last week onwards I started working in solaris10, the same code is working in solaris 9. I dont know any link has to be created, or any path... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Warning message while makefile compilation

Hi all, I am trying to create an executable, but when the .pc file converting to .c file I am getting lots of warning message like of these 3 lines. Any idea why I am getting these lines? Any configuration issues? What exactly needs to be done to solve these warning messages? ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile conditional compilation giving error

Hi , Please answer my query: I want to create a common make file for one of mylibrary such that it should work on both Sun as well as Linux on 32 and 64 bit system. The flow is sth like this: .............. .............. if$(OS) == solaris BINDIR= ../../lib/solaris/64 else BINDIR=... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unisuraj
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to call executable from script

Now I am using the HP-UX11.11 version. The scripts are runninh in KSH shell. While I wan to call one executable of any Pro*C file, I have got the following error, however the executable is running fine directly. testpri Started at 10.05.200923:40 /usr/lib/dld.sl: Bad magic number for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyankak
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to make script executable

Hello everybody, I'm unable to make my shell script an executable file. The details are as follows: PATH includes my $HOME/bin i.e. /rchome/rc1/bin HOME directory is /rchome/rc1 script name is prep_mig.sh permissions set are 755 It's executing if I give below command sh prep_mig.sh but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitu.keshwani
4 Replies

8. Programming

Makefile for more than 1 executable program

Can anyone give me a makefile that creates 3 exe?for example, let's suppose i have the following files: blah1.c blah1.h blah2.c blah2.h blah3.c blah3.h i've searched and searched but so far i was not able to complete it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashuser2
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Compilation - unable to finding include files

Hey there, This is gotta be a stupid question, if there ever was one, but I am learning a lot by asking such questions. Now I am trying to build this humungous library, which has all kinds a dependencies, which I realize as it makes, and i download all those dependent libs. The compilation is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shriyer123
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

ACLs - How can i create new executable files

Hello experts, I would like to know if is possible to create a default acl rule to a directory. in this directory all files created should have executable permissions by the group IT. i tried setfacl -m d:g:it:rwx /files tried to change the mask setfacl -m m::rwx /files but i still... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: berveglieri
3 Replies
Makefile::AST::Evaluator(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Makefile::AST::Evaluator(3pm)

NAME
Makefile::AST::Evaluator - Evaluator and runtime for Makefile::AST instances SYNOPSIS
use Makefile::AST::Evaluator; $Makefile::AST::Evaluator::JustPrint = 0; $Makefile::AST::Evaluator::Quiet = 1; $Makefile::AST::Evaluator::IgnoreErrors = 1; $Makefile::AST::Evaluator::AlwaysMake = 1; $Makefile::AST::Evaluator::Question = 1; # $ast is a Makefile::AST instance: my $eval = Makefile::AST::Evaluator->new($ast); Makefile::AST::Evaluator->add_trigger( firing_rule => sub { my ($self, $rule, $ast_cmds) = @_; my $target = $rule->target; my $colon = $rule->colon; my @normal_prereqs = @{ $rule->normal_prereqs }; # ... } ); $eval->set_required_target($user_makefile) $eval->make($goal); DESCRIPTION
This module implementes an evaluator or a runtime for makefile ASTs represented by Makefile::AST instances. It "executes" the specified GNU make AST by the GNU makefile semantics. Note that, "execution" not necessarily mean building a project tree by firing makefile rule commands. Actually you can defining your own triggers by calling the add_trigger method. (See the "SYNOPSIS" for examples.) In other words, you can do more interesting things like plotting the call path tree of a Makefile using Graphviz, or translating the original makefile to another form (like what the makesimple script does). It's worth mentioning that, most of the construction algorithm for topological graph s (including implicit rule application) have already been implemented in Makefile::AST and its child node classes. CONFIGURE VARIABLES
This module provides several package variables (i.e. static class variables) for controlling the behavior of the evaluator. Particularly the user needs to set the $AlwaysMake variable to true and $Question to true, if she wants to use the evaluator to do special tasks like plotting dependency graphs and translating GNU makefiles to other format. Setting $AlwaysMake to true will force the evaluator to ignore the timestamps of external files appeared in the makefiles while setting $Question to true will prevent the evaluator from executing the shell commands specified in the makefile rules. Here's the detailed listing for all the config variables: $Question This variable corresponds to the command-line option "-q" or <--question> in GNU make. Its purpose is to make the evaluator enter the "questioning mode", i.e., a mode in which "make" will never try executing rule commands unless it has to, "and" echoing is suppressed at the same time. $AlwaysMake This variable corresponds to the command-line option "-B" or "--always-make". It forces re-constructing all the rule's targets related to the goal, ignoring the timestamp or existence of targets' dependencies. $Quiet It corresponds to GNU make's command-line option "-s", "--silent", or "--quiet". Its effect is to cancel the echoing of shell commands being executed. $JustPrint This variable corresponds to GNU make's command line option "-n", "--just-print", "--dry-run", or "--recon". Its effect is to print out the shell commands requiring execution but without actually executing them. $IgnoreErrors This variable corresponds to GNU make's command line option "-i" or "--ignore-errors"ieXXIt's used to ignore the errors of shell commands being executed during the make process. The default behavior is quitting as soon as a shell command without the "-" modifier fails. CLASS TRIGGERS
The "make_by_rule" method of this class defines a trigger named "firing_rule" via the Class::Trait module. Everytime the "make_by_rule" method reaches the trigger point, it will invoke the user's processing handler with the following three arguments: the self object, the Makefile::AST::Rule object, and the corresponding "Makefile::AST::Command" object in the context. By registering his own processing handlers for the "firing_rule" trigger, the user's code can reuse the evaluator to do his own cool things without traversing the makefile ASTs himself. See the "SYNOPSIS" for code examples. CODE REPOSITORY
For the very latest version of this script, check out the source from http://github.com/agentzh/makefile-parser-pm <http://github.com/agentzh/makefile-parser-pm>. There is anonymous access to all. AUTHOR
Zhang "agentzh" Yichun "<agentzh@gmail.com>" COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2007-2008 by Zhang "agentzh" Yichun (agentzh). This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Makefile::AST, Makefile::Parser::GmakeDB, pgmake-db, makesimple, Makefile::DOM. perl v5.12.4 2011-08-17 Makefile::AST::Evaluator(3pm)