Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tricky Shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tricky Shell script Post 302131478 by namishtiwari on Saturday 11th of August 2007 04:51:12 AM
Old 08-11-2007
MySQL

[QUOTE=mike_bike_kite]I count 27 entries on every line.
Right,but the ticket format which i pasted earlier we need to follow that,
yes there are 27entries but ,in a row there are 9 columns and exactly 5 entries should be there not more than that.
In a column there should be min 1 entry and that only should be in ascending order.

00 appears ten times on the first line.
We need not to consider 00 for this problem they are just to fill fields,ignore that.

I count 27 entries on every line.
If bunches of these group up into a single entry then how does 27 split into 5 entries?
27 split into 15entries rest are put as zero but neglect that entries.

The last column of figures doesn't do this.
That is what we need to check.

So what have you done so far - perhaps we can work it out from that :S
Now you are clear of the problem or need some more explanation.

Thanks for the comments.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Tricky one...

Here's my problem: I have a laptop running Windows XP Pro with no internal CD or Floppy drives. I want to install Linux on it. I don't care about the Windows XP Pro installation, in fact I would like to install Linux over the entirety of the HD. However I cannot boot from any external CD drive... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saabir
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky Sed

Hello. I am trying to convert occurrences of 'NULL' from a datafile. The 'NULL' occurences appears at this: |NULL| NULL|NULL| NULL|NULL| NULL|NULL| NULL| There should be 52 fields per line. I would like any occurrence of | NULL| or |NULL| to appear as '||' Currently I am using this sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestbuyernc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky script question

Hi, I'm in the midst of writing a UNIX script that sftp's files to an external host and am stuck with a problem. The problem is that the files created on my server as a order number that correlates to a sequence of directories on the remote host which is where the file should be ftp'ed. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tricky Quotation Question

Hi, I am at a point in my script where I defined the number of the command line parameter I would like to set a variable equal to: parameter_number=14 I would then like to set a variable equal to the correct parameter: variable=$parameter_number The issue here is that {} is required... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux: Writing a tricky script to check connectivity

So, first and foremost, I'm having issues with my internet connection. Periodically, the connection drops across the network. The fix is simple enough: restart the modem. However, this gets old when the connection dies out every hour. I can hit my surfboard on 192.168.100.1, and navigate to a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungfujoe
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky - Need help on Shell script variables

Hi, I have a requirement in which i have to read a csv file and put data in certain set of variables: File content: VP-DTL-REC-CNT, ,854840,0.00,VP-PAID-AMT, ,0,32280885.17,VP-PAT-PAID-AMT, ,0,9930244.32,VP-PAID-REV-CNT, ,484927,0.00,VP-REJ-CNT, ,369913,0.00, , ,0,0.00, , ,0,0.00, , ,0,0.00, ,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantoshkumar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky data manipulation...

Hi everyone.. I am new here, hello.. I hope this doesn't come across to you folks as a stupid question, I'm somewhat new to scripting :) I'm seeking some help in finding a way to manipulate data output for every two characters - example: numbers.lst contains the following output:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: explicit
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Tricky egrep

Hi folks! My first post here. I'm working on a script that retrieves a range of files from a list depending on a range of time. UPDATE: I've seen it could be difficult to read all this thing, so I'll make a summarize it.. How come I do this and take a result.. grep "..\:.." lista.new |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kl0x
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky sed required

Hi All I need to put some sed together for a task and its a bit advanced for me, so I thought I'd ask if anyone here could help. I have a csv file with content like this - "","abcde","","" "'","abcde","","" "","","","1234" "'e'","","","" I need to remove any single quotes that fall... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing xml - tricky one...need help!!

Hi, i am new to linux programming fraternity but looks like starting with a big thing... yes..xml parsing (it is indeed tough for a beginner like me) so need your kind help... The snippet of xml looks like: <snapshot> <tag1> <key>1234</key> <keytype>abcd</keytype> </tag1> <tag2>... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie2014
11 Replies
kclog(1M)																 kclog(1M)

NAME
kclog - manage kernel configuration log file SYNOPSIS
config] string] type] name] [count] comment DESCRIPTION
is the administrative command for the HP-UX kernel configuration log file. The log file is automatically maintained by all of the kernel configuration commands (and Any change to any kernel configuration gets logged to this log file, which is located at Note that this file is a plain text file which can be viewed and manipulated using standard Unix file management commands; exists simply for convenience in find- ing particular log file entries. Under normal usage, prints the last count entries in the log file. When one of the options is specified, prints the last count entries that match the specified criteria. If count is not specified, it defaults to 1. Options will print all entries matching criteria. If this option is not specified, will only print the last count entries that match the specified criteria. will print only log file entries describing changes to the saved kernel configuration named config. If this option is not specified, will print log file entries describing changes to any saved or running kernel configuration. will not print any entries. Instead, will create a new entry, as if a kernel configuration change had been made, containing the specified comment. This option is only allowed for users with appropriate privileges. will print only log file entries that contain the given string. will print only log file entries that refer to a configuration object (module or tunable) of the given name. will print only log file entries that refer to configuration objects of the specified type: or RETURN VALUE
returns zero for success. It returns non-zero and prints a diagnostic message if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
To see the last three entries in the log: To see the last entry for the tunable To see the last five entries for module changes: To see all entries for module changes: To see the last entry mentioning Aberdeen: WARNINGS
The format of the log file may be changed without notice. Some configuration changes can be made without using the kernel configuration commands. No log file entries are made for such changes. The log file should not be manually edited. Doing so may cause to behave unpredictably. SEE ALSO
kcmodule(1M), kconfig(1M), kctune(1M), kconfig(5). available on kclog(1M)