Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Connecting to SUN server from PC Post 302131322 by zam on Friday 10th of August 2007 05:00:39 AM
Old 08-10-2007
Sorry guys I think got all wrong. I don't think it's connected though bottom panel show | connect |VT100|9600 8-N-1
I switched off SUN and it's still connected.
Don't be angry after all I am using Unix for Dummies section .... Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to UNIX server

Hi, My knowledge bucket of UNIX is almost empty. I have developed an application in EXCEL which can create XML files (Metadata) from Binaries. These binaries are stored in UNIX server on regular intervals. Currently I am transferring all binaries(GBs of files) to WINDOWS using WINSCP and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobs
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem with connecting with Sun Java Web console

Hi, I have Solaris 10 8/07 on SPARC and I can't log in Web console. When I opened browser (Firefox 3) at localhost:6789 I get Save file dialog which asks me to save some file with .part at the end. What information should I provide to find out where is the trouble?.. Internet explorer says... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to other server thru ftp

Hi, Can someone help me on how to ftp to UNIX server from an another UNIX Server. I tried the follwoing but it is not working. ftp -n 10.10.0.1 quote user usrname quote pass passwd ls Though ftp is starting it is not allowing me run command..... it is asking to Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Windows Server

Hi, One of the folders in UNIX is mapped with a drive on Windows.From this UNIX machine I want to connect to the Windows Server, perform some checks and view the results back on the UNIX machine. For e.g. if I touch a file under the shared folder on UNIX, I should be able to telnet to Windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
2 Replies

5. Hardware

SUN V245 Connecting To router Through Alom

Hello. I have a sun v245 and I have no hard drive for it yet but i would like to connect it to my home router by ethernet cable so I can use Alom remotely. Could someone please tell me how to set it up. Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SunV245
1 Replies
VDE_OVER_NS(1)						      General Commands Manual						    VDE_OVER_NS(1)

NAME
vde_over_ns - Steganographic cable over NS protocol for Virtual Distributed Ethernet SYNOPSIS
vde_over_ns [-D] [-c server_address] [-s vde_plug] [-i ip.to.bi.nd] domain.name DESCRIPTION
A vde_over_ns allows to connect two remote vde_switches through steganographic NS query/response datagrams. e.g.: dpipe vde_plug /tmp/s1 = vde_over_ns tun.mydomain.vde binds to udp port 53 and listen for incoming steganographic NS queries (server mode). All the traffic to/from stdout/stdin is redirected to the client via ns responses. creates a wire between two vde_switches (with sockets /tmp/s1 and /tmp/s2 respectively). This cable looses 10% of the packets in each direction. The same vde_over_dns server can be created using: vde_over_ns -s /tmp/s1 tun.mydomain.vde The syntax is almost identical for the client mode, except that to have a vde_over_ns client connect to that server, the -c server option must be specified. OPTIONS
-s vdeplug If specified, the vde_over_ns will connect to the local vde socket vdeplug instead pf stdin/stdout, using the libvdeplug library. -D Detach console and send the process to background. -b ip.to.bind The NS server will bind only to the specified ip, instead of any ip. Only valid in server mode (without -c) -c server_addr If specified, client mode is enabled. Vde_over_ns will try to send NS requests to server_addr. If not specified, server mode is enabled by default. NOTICE
Virtual Distributed Ethernet is not related in any way with www.vde.com ("Verband der Elektrotechnik, Elektronik und Informationstechnik" i.e. the German "Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies"). SEE ALSO
vde_switch(1), vdeq(1). dpipe(1). unixterm(1). AUTHORS
VDE_OVER_NS is a tool by Daniele Lacamera <root@danielinux.net> VDE is a project by Renzo Davoli <renzo@cs.unibo.it> based on nstx, a steganographic ns client/server software by: Florian Heinz <sky@sysv.de> Julien Oster <frodo@sysv.de> Virtual Distributed Ethernet May 2, 2007 VDE_OVER_NS(1)