Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Connecting to SUN server from PC Post 302131300 by zam on Friday 10th of August 2007 03:38:52 AM
Old 08-10-2007
Connecting to SUN server from PC

I have old SUN server on my desk. I know it worked before. I want to be able to connect to server from my PC. Just to establish a dump terminal.

1. I connected to power socket
2. I Have a cable that fits in (i believe is a com ports there are A B slots the same I plugged it in A). They are looking like this
......x.....
.....xxxxxxxx where x are pins
On The other side
oooo
ooooo Where o are wholes

3. The other side of the cable I connected to my PC - com port

4. What shell I do now ...

Thanks
ZAM.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to UNIX server

Hi, My knowledge bucket of UNIX is almost empty. I have developed an application in EXCEL which can create XML files (Metadata) from Binaries. These binaries are stored in UNIX server on regular intervals. Currently I am transferring all binaries(GBs of files) to WINDOWS using WINSCP and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobs
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem with connecting with Sun Java Web console

Hi, I have Solaris 10 8/07 on SPARC and I can't log in Web console. When I opened browser (Firefox 3) at localhost:6789 I get Save file dialog which asks me to save some file with .part at the end. What information should I provide to find out where is the trouble?.. Internet explorer says... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to other server thru ftp

Hi, Can someone help me on how to ftp to UNIX server from an another UNIX Server. I tried the follwoing but it is not working. ftp -n 10.10.0.1 quote user usrname quote pass passwd ls Though ftp is starting it is not allowing me run command..... it is asking to Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Windows Server

Hi, One of the folders in UNIX is mapped with a drive on Windows.From this UNIX machine I want to connect to the Windows Server, perform some checks and view the results back on the UNIX machine. For e.g. if I touch a file under the shared folder on UNIX, I should be able to telnet to Windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
2 Replies

5. Hardware

SUN V245 Connecting To router Through Alom

Hello. I have a sun v245 and I have no hard drive for it yet but i would like to connect it to my home router by ethernet cable so I can use Alom remotely. Could someone please tell me how to set it up. Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SunV245
1 Replies
LDAP_CONNECT(3) 							 1							   LDAP_CONNECT(3)

ldap_connect - Connect to an LDAP server

SYNOPSIS
resource ldap_connect NULL ([string $hostname], [int $port = 389]) DESCRIPTION
Establishes a connection to a LDAP server on a specified $hostname and $port. PARAMETERS
o $hostname - If you are using OpenLDAP 2.x.x you can specify a URL instead of the hostname. To use LDAP with SSL, compile OpenLDAP 2.x.x with SSL support, configure PHP with SSL, and set this parameter as ldaps://hostname/. o $port - The port to connect to. Not used when using URLs. RETURN VALUES
Returns a positive LDAP link identifier on success, or FALSE on error. When OpenLDAP 2.x.x is used, ldap_connect(3) will always return a resource as it does not actually connect but just initializes the connecting parameters. The actual connect happens with the next calls to ldap_* funcs, usually with ldap_bind(3). If no arguments are specified then the link identifier of the already opened link will be returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Example of connecting to LDAP server. <?php // LDAP variables $ldaphost = "ldap.example.com"; // your ldap servers $ldapport = 389; // your ldap server's port number // Connecting to LDAP $ldapconn = ldap_connect($ldaphost, $ldapport) or die("Could not connect to $ldaphost"); ?> Example #2 Example of connecting securely to LDAP server. <?php // make sure your host is the correct one // that you issued your secure certificate to $ldaphost = "ldaps://ldap.example.com/"; // Connecting to LDAP $ldapconn = ldap_connect($ldaphost) or die("Could not connect to {$ldaphost}"); ?> SEE ALSO
ldap_bind(3). PHP Documentation Group LDAP_CONNECT(3)