Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Where to find a working shell scriptor...without being on UNIX? Post 302131239 by uwoodyjk on Thursday 9th of August 2007 06:16:48 PM
Old 08-09-2007
This might work

uwin/uwin.mm mm document

I didn't see any mention of vi as I scanned through some of the documentation, but it is UNIX and it runs on a windows pc.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script to find whether the first day of the month is a working day

Hi , I am relatively new to unix... Can u pls help me out to find out if the first day of the month is a working day ie from (Monday to Friday)...using Date and If clause in Korn shell.. This is very urgent. Thanks for ur help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I find the best Unix Shell?

I am new and I would like to know your opinion on the best Unix shell for linux? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: faron17
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Find command in Borne Shell

I need to perform two separate commands as part of the -exec section of a find command. Is this possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marshaferry
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find in which shell i am working..

Hi Friends, I am new for this site.i have a small query.plz let me know the command to find in which shell presently i am working. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pineapple
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find whenther given value is in betwwen min and Max in unix shell scripting

Hi I wanted to write a shell script with an if condition Example MinValue=10 MaxValue=30 logvalue = some integer value that script reads from the command line arguement I wanted to check whether log value greater than or equal to10 and less than equal to 30 and proceed with the rest of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinky
5 Replies

6. AIX

Unix shell scripting to find latest file having timestamp embedded...

Hi guys, I have a directory in UNIX having files with the below format, i need to pickup the latest file having recent timestamp embedded on it, then need to rename it to a standard file name. Below is the file format: filename_yyyymmdd.csv, i need to pick the latest and move it with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik25
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SHELL: UNIX : Ls regular expression not working when used with variables

If i do below command in unix prompt which static values (ie 27..97), it is working fine and gives desired output >ls -d $WORKDIR/batch/somefilename_{27..97}.* 2>/dev/null somefilename_27.sometxt somefilename_28.sometxt somefilename_29.sometxt .. somefilename_97.sometxt But if i want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiderali
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)