Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Multiple Paths to SAN with LVM in Linux? Post 302131155 by deckard on Thursday 9th of August 2007 10:47:15 AM
Old 08-09-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebap
...Running the controllers in active/active mode we're using RedHats Device Mapper Multipath software to create multiple paths to our SAN... I hope this helps you out a little...
Smilie It sure did! Since CentOS uses the 'yum' system some searching on the web and within the yum respositories led me to this:

Code:
[root@localhost etc]# yum install device-mapper-multipath
Loading "installonlyn" plugin
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
Reading repository metadata in from local files
Parsing package install arguments
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Downloading header for device-mapper-multipath to pack into transaction set.
device-mapper-multipath-0 100% |=========================| 9.5 kB    00:00     
---> Package device-mapper-multipath.i386 0:0.4.7-8.el5 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check

Dependencies Resolved

=============================================================================
 Package                 Arch       Version          Repository        Size 
Installing:
 device-mapper-multipath  i386       0.4.7-8.el5      base              760 k

Transaction Summary
Install      1 Package(s)         
Update       0 Package(s)         
Remove       0 Package(s)         

Total download size: 760 k
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
(1/1): device-mapper-mult 100% |=========================| 760 kB    00:01     
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
  Installing: device-mapper-multipath      ######################### [1/1] 

Installed: device-mapper-multipath.i386 0:0.4.7-8.el5
Complete!

Now I just need to find a good HOWTO and give this a shot. Thanks a LOT!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enabling a script to run in multiple paths

I have a script that i need to run from different paths. for example mypc/path1/path2/, mypc/path1/path2/path3/, and mypc/path1/path2/path3/path4 How do i set up that script so that it can execute in any of the above paths or how can i make it run on any path on my computer?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dowell
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find multiple paths

How do i find files in more than one directory? I searched through forums, but could not land into the right thread. I tried something like find dir1|dir2 -name file1 but it doesn't work. Please suggest. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
5 Replies

3. Solaris

SAN - Hard loop / prefered paths - help

Hi all Right, Im a little bit thick when it comes to SAN :-) IVe got a dual port qlc in a solaris 10 server. Its all connected and I can see a number of disks. The SAN guy here has asked me about preferred paths, i.e. as the dual ports are connected to two fabrics, etc device will have 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

SAN/LVM question

Hey everyone. I am working on designing a logging solution for a deployment we have going out in a few months. Right now we have a single storage head end, connected via fibre to a SAN. Basically the plan is to create a number of smaller LUNs on the SAN, and then use LVM2 to handle concatenating... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check the SAN paths.

Hello All, We have a script which when run on the host gives us the status of the internal and SAN attached disks, its paths and other information. The output of which is as follows: Nm DEVICE VEND PROD LunID SYM DevID DISKGROUP SIZE N E... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace directory paths in multiple files at once

I need to update about 2400 files in a directory subtree, with a new directory path inside the files I need to change this occurence in all files: /d2/R12AB/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2 with this: /u01/PROD/apps/apps_st/10.1.3 I know how to change single words using "find . -type f -print0 |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wicus
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files older than x days and also taking an input for multiple paths

Hi , I am a newbie!!! I want to develop a script for deleting files older than x days from multiple paths. Now I could reach upto this piece of code which deletes files older than x days from a particular path. How do I enhance it to have an input from a .txt file or a .dat file? For eg:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple file paths in a variable

I am working on a script for Mac OS X that, among many other things, gets a list of all the installed Applications. I am pulling the list from the system_profiler command and formatting it using grep and awk. The problem is that I want to be able to use each result individually later in the script.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cranfordio
3 Replies

9. AIX

HACMP two-node cluster with two SAN storages mirrored using LVM

HACMP two-node cluster with mirrored LVM. HACMP two-node cluster with two SAN storages mirrored using LVM. Configured 2 disk heartbeat networks - 1 per each SAN storage. While performing redundancy tests. Once one of SAN storage is down - cluster is going to ERROR state. What are the guidelines... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OdilPVC
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget from multiple paths

if I have these wildcards to download from: path1/*.txt path2/*.txt path3/*.txt path4/*.txt path5/*.txt under a link such as this: http://abc .com/]abc.com Can wget be written in such a way to extract only those files and create the corresponding paths under a target folder? So the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
4 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_LVM(7)						OCF resource agents					      OCF_HEARTBEAT_LVM(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_LVM - Controls the availability of an LVM Volume Group SYNOPSIS
LVM [start | stop | status | monitor | methods | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for LVM. It manages an Linux Volume Manager volume (LVM) as an HA resource. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
volgrpname The name of volume group. (required, string, no default) exclusive If set, the volume group will be activated exclusively. (optional, string, default false) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. Suggested interval: 10. methods Suggested minimum timeout: 5. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a LVM resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive example_LVM ocf:heartbeat:LVM params volgrpname=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="30" interval="10" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/LVM_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents 1.0.3 07/05/2010 OCF_HEARTBEAT_LVM(7)