Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Counters and arrays help needed! Post 302131136 by Shell_Life on Thursday 9th of August 2007 09:47:22 AM
Old 08-09-2007
Place all your coordinates separated by space into a file:
Code:
123 123
456 456
789 789

Write a shell as following:
Code:
while read mX mY
do
  echo 'X = '${mX}' Y = '${mY}
done < CoordFile

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

netstat counters

Is there a way to reset the netstat counters in solaris 8? Specifically, the error counters? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tjlst15
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix performance monitoring counters

Which performance counters you might to define as "The most important counters in checking unix performance" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gen4ik
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrays

Dear all, How can i unset arrays. I mean all the subscripts including the array after using them. Could you direct me to some links of array memory handling in the korn shell. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
2 Replies

4. Web Development

PHP arrays in arrays

PHP question... I have an SQL query that's pulled back user IDs as a set of columns. Rather than IDs, I want to use their names. So I have an array of columns $col with values 1,7,3,12 etc and I've got an array $person with values "Fred", "Bert", "Tom" etc So what I want to do is display the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using existing variables as counters in a "for" loop ?

Hi all, I am rather new to shell programing I am trying to run a loop through variables that already exist, here is (a part of ) the code, variables param_kz etc already exist (in the same file, i do not run another script file etc) and have values assigned to them (strings, "y" or "n") echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: babulin2002
1 Replies

6. Programming

question about int arrays and file pointer arrays

if i declare both but don't input any variables what values will the int array and file pointer array have on default, and if i want to reset any of the elements of both arrays to default, should i just set it to 0 or NULL or what? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

7. Programming

Arrays in C++

I've noticed something interesting in C++ programming. I've always done tricky stuff with pointers and references to have functions deal with arrays. Doing exercises again out of a C++ book has shown me an easier way, I didn't even know was there. It's weird to me. When dealing with arrays, it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print based on the value from counters?

Hi, I am writing a script which will get the input from a combinations of awk commands and using counters and loop I am generating a dynamic values and passing the output to a file using print -u3 options, now instead of redirecting the output to a file how can the output be created in the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
3 Replies
MRTG-PING-PROBE(1)					      General Commands Manual						MRTG-PING-PROBE(1)

NAME
mrtg-ping-probe - ping probe module for Multi Router Traffic Grapher DESCRIPTION
mrtg-ping-probe is a ping probe module for MRTG 2.x. It is used to monitor the round trip time and packet loss to networked devices. MRTG uses the output of mrtg-ping-probe to generate graphs visualizing minimum and maximum round trip times or packet loss. mrtg-ping-probe is not run directly, but is called by MRTG as a helper when it needs to determine ping time to a host. Act responsibly: do not use mrtg-ping-probe to ping devices without the owner's permission. Just imagine if 10,000 people decided to ping your hosts! mrtg-ping-probe is meant to be used within your network to get round trip time performance figures for your network. OPTIONS
To use mrtg-ping-probe you need to configure MRTG to call it from within the definition of a target host. This is done in the MRTG config file, which is usually /etc/mrtg.conf. Here's an example snippet: change the target name and IP address to suit your needs. Target[your.target.ping]: `/usr/bin/mrtg-ping-probe 123.456.789.123` SetEnv[your.target.ping]: MRTG_INT_IP="123.456.789.123" MRTG_INT_DESCR="ping" MaxBytes[your.target.ping]: 100 AbsMax[your.target.ping]: 200 Options[your.target.ping]: gauge, growright YLegend[your.target.ping]: ping time (ms) ShortLegend[your.target.ping]: ms Legend1[your.target.ping]: Maximum Round Trip Time in ms Legend2[your.target.ping]: Minimum Round Trip Time in ms Legend3[your.target.ping]: Maximal 5 Minute Maximum Round Trip Time in ms Legend4[your.target.ping]: Maximal 5 Minute Minimum Round Trip Time in ms LegendI[your.target.ping]: &nbsp;Max: LegendO[your.target.ping]: &nbsp;Min: Pay close attention to the backticks in the first line which tell MRTG to execute the nominated external program. Note also that you need to use the "gauge" option, since the results of subsequent ping probes are independant values and not an incrementing counter. SEE ALSO
mrtg(1). The latest release of mrtg-ping-probe can be found on the web at http://pwo.de/projects/mrtg/ AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jonathan Oxer <jon@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 14, 2003 MRTG-PING-PROBE(1)