Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automated FTP from Unix to Active Directory Server Post 302131112 by Cbish68 on Thursday 9th of August 2007 08:12:38 AM
Old 08-09-2007
Question Automated FTP from Unix to Active Directory Server

Automated Unix to Windows Active Directory FTP

I have done many automated FTP scripts using the following logic:

===============================

echo "Starting the FTP transfer..."
{ echo "
open 192.168.1.100
user username password
ascii
put textfile.txt
close "
} | ftp -i -n -v > ftptransfer.log

===============================

But now i need to log into an FTP site on a Windows Active Directory server. The username that I need to pass to the script has a domain name and a backslash in front of it: "AD\username". I have tried escaping the backslash (AD\\username) and using various quoting combinations, but I cannot get the script to pass the username as AD\username. It usually gets sent as ADusername, without the backslash, which does not work.

Any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

automated ftp script from unix -date range of files

Hi , I need some help to finish my ftp script and i need to find the last one weeks of fles updated in the sepecific directory and see those end with Z and ftp them to my backup server. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Ravi :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koduri0475
1 Replies

2. Programming

Hi , I need some help to finish my ftp script and i need to find the last one weeks of fles updated in the sepecific directory and see those end with Z and ftp them to my backup server. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Ravi :) (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automated FTP to variable directory with error check

Hi, automated FTP that have error check and each product FTP will used the same userid/password to post(transfer) the file(s) from their <product> directory at UNIX to their <product> folder at Windows. such senarios as follows: NOTE: ======= ** Variable ** * The <product> is variable... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: songtam
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script for sending a file from one unix directory to another unix server director

Hi, My local server is :/usr/abcd/ Remote server is :/Usr/host/test/ I want to send files from local unix directory(All files starting with O_999) to remote host unix directory. Can any body give me the Unix Shell script to do this. One more doubt: Shall we need to change the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raja_1234
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to devlop automated FTP in UNIX

Automated FTP. hint : use 'atd' to schedule to run a specific script. An Env Variable should be created,say CONF_DIR which points to some dir. @ some time, create a TAR file of this and FTP it to some server. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalzone2002
3 Replies

7. Linux

How to set up FTP Server with Active Directory

I've set up a FTP server (vsftpd) with some local user account and it works fine. Now i want to upgrade this FTP server with an ability that can authorize user through Active Directory. I do a search around our forum and it leads me to this page: Native LDAP, native Kerberos and Windows Server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cthinh
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated script to look for files in FTP Server location.

suppose one file comes in one sever location on MOnday.we have to write a script to automatically get that files and put it in different server location. ---------- Post updated at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:27 AM ---------- Please help me on this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonam273
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Join Solaris 11 server to Active Directory using smbadm?

We are having a hard time joining our organizations Active Directory using this guide. Keep getting hit with syntax and authentication errors. Has anyone here joined a Solaris 11 to an Active Directory using smbadm as detailed in this example? I understand that the example I cited is mainly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting local server file from automated FTP script

Hi, I want to delete a file on the local server, while connected to remote server through FTP. I am using the below code for this $FTP_CMD -v -n $HOST <<*! >> $LOGFILE 2>&1 user $USER $PASSWORD cd $DIR ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
11 Replies
GFTP(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   GFTP(1)

NAME
gftp - file transfer client for *NIX based machines. SYNOPSIS
gftp [options] [[proto://][ user : [pass] @] server [: port ][/ directory ]] DESCRIPTION
gFTP is a file transfer client for *NIX based machines. It currently has a text interface and a GTK+ 1.2/2.x graphical interface. It cur- rently supports the FTP, FTPS (control connection only), HTTP, HTTPS, SSH and FSP protocols. OPTIONS
You may enter a url on the command line that gFTP will automatically connect to when it starts up. --help, -h Display program usage. --info Display some information about how gFTP was built. Please send the output of this command when submitting a bug report. --version, -v Display the current version of gFTP. proto This specifies the protocol that should be used. It can currently be one of the following options: ftp, ftps, http, https, ssh, fsp, local and bookmark. If omitted, the protocol specified by the default_protocol option will be used. user The username that will be used to log into the remote server. If omitted, your current username will be used for most protocols. For the FTP protocol, the anonymous username will be used. pass The password that will be used to log into the remote server. If omitted, you will be prompted for the password. If you are using the FTP protocol, and the username is anonymous, then your email address will be used as the password. server The remote server to connect to. port The remote port on the server to connect to. If omitted, the default port for the protocol will be used. The port will be looked up in the services(5) file. directory The directory to change to once you are connected to the remote server. FILES
~/.gftp/gftprc Per user configuration file. Most of these options can be edited inside gFTP. This file is also commented very well. ~/.gftp/book- marks Per user bookmarks file. BUGS
If you find any bugs in gFTP, please report them to GNOME's Bugzilla at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/ AUTHOR
Brian Masney <masneyb@gftp.org> - http://www.gftp.org/ MARCH 2007 GFTP(1)