Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: adding time server
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers adding time server Post 302131107 by aladdin on Thursday 9th of August 2007 08:04:57 AM
Old 08-09-2007
Cant I just add that time server as a peer in my sun ntpq???
they used to do it like that here i guess, but im not being able to find out how Smilie

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Elapsed time

I'm using the Bourne shell and trying to write a script that will add all the time that any particular user has been on the network for. I've used last-h | grep "username" | cut -c 58-62 to get the times. Then I wrote a script that takes the time and converts it into just minutes. Now I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jrdnoland1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Provide Time Sync Using Nts-150 Time Server On Unix Network?

can anybody tel lme,how to instal NTS -150 on a unix network,it needs some patch to fetch time frm serve,,?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pesty
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adding # minutes to current time...

Hi all, Looking for a way to add lets say 10 minutes to the current time output should look like 7:15 AM or 7:15 PM. I know that gdate could do this for me but unfortunately its not available on the system I'm working on. So if any one know any way I can accomplish this using the date command it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gptavares
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding time

I want to write a little script that will add 24:00 to the current time if the current time is in between 00:00 and 05:00. I want to make this new time a brand new file so I can work with it. I am not sure how to do this. variable = current time on our system ( I will pull this) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickg
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

change the filename by adding up 1 each time, tricky one

:confused: Hi, I posted here before for adding up of datafile name each time, here is an example: #!/bin/bash cutdfname="data11.dbf" newname=$(echo "${cutdfname}" |tr "" "" |tr "#_@-" "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" |tr -s "x") num=$(echo $newname |cut -d"." -f1|awk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: netbanker
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding date and time to file name

Hi All, i wanted to add date and time to the file names in the same directory so lets say a file in the directory is test.txt then after running the shell script it should be test-15-11-2010.txt. So I used the following script which works, #!/bin/bash thetime=`date +%Y-%m-%d--%H:%M:%S`... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cc_at_work
7 Replies

7. Solaris

modifying date and time and time zone on solaris 5.10 with (redundant server) veritas

I have a cluster of two Solaris server (veritas cluster). one working and the other is standby I am going to change the date on them , and am looking for a secure solution as it is giving an important service. my opinion is that the active one doesn't need to be restarted (if I don't change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barry1946
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding columns of time

Hello all, I'm in the process of writing a script, and I need to be able to add columns of time in the following format (time elapsed Net Backup logs): 000:01:03 000:00:58 000:00:49 Does anyone have a way of converting and/or adding timestamps such as these accurately? Thanks in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding time to date time in UNIX shell scipting

I needed some help in adding a duration (in seconds) to a start time (in hhmmss format) and a start date (in mmddyy format) in order to get an end date and end time. The concept of a leap year is also to be considered while incrementing the day. The code/ function that I have formed so far is as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: codehelp04
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with adding a new driver in initrd at install time

I have a really old distro (FC7) that I am trying to make compatible with some new hardware (ie. new RAID drivers)... I put the RAID driver into the ISO so that the installer can detect the RAID set... but post-install (aka: first boot) it appears that the Anaconda-generated initrd does not have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
0 Replies
hx509 certificate selecting functions(3)			Heimdalx509library			  hx509 certificate selecting functions(3)

NAME
hx509 certificate selecting functions - Functions int hx509_peer_info_alloc (hx509_context context, hx509_peer_info *peer) void hx509_peer_info_free (hx509_peer_info peer) int hx509_peer_info_set_cert (hx509_peer_info peer, hx509_cert cert) int hx509_peer_info_add_cms_alg (hx509_context context, hx509_peer_info peer, const AlgorithmIdentifier *val) int hx509_peer_info_set_cms_algs (hx509_context context, hx509_peer_info peer, const AlgorithmIdentifier *val, size_t len) Detailed Description Function Documentation int hx509_peer_info_add_cms_alg (hx509_context context, hx509_peer_info peer, const AlgorithmIdentifier * val) Add an additional algorithm that the peer supports. Parameters: context A hx509 context. peer the peer to set the new algorithms for val an AlgorithmsIdentier to add Returns: An hx509 error code, see hx509_get_error_string(). int hx509_peer_info_alloc (hx509_context context, hx509_peer_info * peer) Allocate a new peer info structure an init it to default values. Parameters: context A hx509 context. peer return an allocated peer, free with hx509_peer_info_free(). Returns: An hx509 error code, see hx509_get_error_string(). void hx509_peer_info_free (hx509_peer_info peer) Free a peer info structure. Parameters: peer peer info to be freed. int hx509_peer_info_set_cert (hx509_peer_info peer, hx509_cert cert) Set the certificate that remote peer is using. Parameters: peer peer info to update cert cerificate of the remote peer. Returns: An hx509 error code, see hx509_get_error_string(). int hx509_peer_info_set_cms_algs (hx509_context context, hx509_peer_info peer, const AlgorithmIdentifier * val, size_t len) Set the algorithms that the peer supports. Parameters: context A hx509 context. peer the peer to set the new algorithms for val array of supported AlgorithmsIdentiers len length of array val. Returns: An hx509 error code, see hx509_get_error_string(). Version 1.5.2 11 Jan 2012 hx509 certificate selecting functions(3)