Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming error: field has incomplete type Post 302131095 by porter on Thursday 9th of August 2007 07:03:17 AM
Old 08-09-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyanov
So, this two structures of the char dev and the semaphore are defined without "typedef"-s or anithing else in the kernel source. Anyone ahs a clue how to get rid of this errors?
A struct does not need a typedef for it to be valid.

Code:
struct a { long x; };

is a valid struct.

You need to:

1. include the file which defines the structs.

2. if you are, then check what #define's control the #ifdefs.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Accesing structure member:Error:dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

$ gcc -Wall -Werror struct.c struct.c: In function `main': struct.c:18: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type $ cat struct.c #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> /*Declaration of structure*/ struct human { char *first; char gender; int age; } man,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit4g
3 Replies

2. Programming

array type has incomplete element type

Dear colleagues, One of my friend have a problem with c code. While compiling a c program it displays a message like "array type has incomplete element type". Any body can provide a solution for it. Jaganadh.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

3. Programming

error: field `fatx_i' has incomplete type

I'm trying to compile a 2.4.26 kernel but I have to apply two patches to it. The patches are: linux-2.4.26-xbox.patch openMosix-2.4.26-1 This is the reason that it doesn't compile. There is only one error but I'm not familiar with C or C++(Unfortunately only Java and some lower-level... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lateralus01
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Build Error: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

I'm getting the following Error: prepare_pcap.c: In function `prepare_pkts': prepare_pcap.c:127: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type prepare_pcap.c:138: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type ==================================== This is the part of the relevant... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: katwala
8 Replies

5. Programming

Dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

// Hello all, I am having this error "Dereferencing pointer to incomplete type " on these 2 lines: xpoint = my_point->x; ypoint = my_point->y; I am having no clue y this is happening. Any help would be greately appreciated!!!! #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

What type of error is this?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Jul 18 19:31:31 plbp1s sendmail: STARTTLS: read error=syscall error (-1), errno=104, get_error=error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0) ---------- Post updated at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:07 AM ---------- # cat /var/log/maillog|egrep -i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find -exec with 2 commands doesn't work (error incomplete staement)

Hi Gurues, I need to modify an existing script that uses find to search a folder, and then move its contents to a folder. What I need to do is run gzip on each file after it's moved. So, I ran this little test: Put a ls.tar file on my $HOME, mkdir tmp, and then: virtuo@tnpmprd01: find .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: llagos
3 Replies

8. Programming

Compilation Error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

I am getting a dereferencing pointer to incomplete type error when i compile the following code on lines highlighted in red. Can anyone help me in identifying what is wrong in the code? #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> typedef struct{ int info; struct node* link ; } node; void... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeharshasn
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error type order

Hi all, Sample data file... 9f680197||y|a|6 9f6801||6 9f68017|20120511|y|6 9f68017|y|1 9f68017|6 9f68017|20120511|N|2 9f68017|MD|212343907|20120511|N|2 9f68017212343907|20120511|N|2 9f68017N|3 9f68017|20120511|y|3 9f68017|MD|212343907|20120511|N|3 9f68017|MD|212343907|20120511|y|3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
3 Replies
ddi_binding_name(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				      ddi_binding_name(9F)

NAME
ddi_binding_name, ddi_get_name - return driver binding name SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> char *ddi_binding_name(dev_info_t *dip); char *ddi_get_name(dev_info_t *dip); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
dip A pointer to the device's dev_info structure. DESCRIPTION
ddi_binding_name() and ddi_get_name() return the driver binding name. This is the name used to select a driver for the device. This name is typically derived from the device name property or the device compatible property. The name returned may be a driver alias or the driver name. RETURN VALUES
ddi_binding_name() and ddi_get_name() return the name used to bind a driver to a device. CONTEXT
ddi_binding_name() and ddi_get_name() can be called from user, kernel, or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
ddi_node_name(9F) Writing Device Drivers WARNINGS
The name returned by ddi_binding_name() and ddi_get_name() is read-only. SunOS 5.10 3 May 1996 ddi_binding_name(9F)