Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: questions in memset
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers questions in memset Post 302131033 by arunkumar_mca on Wednesday 8th of August 2007 11:44:59 PM
Old 08-09-2007
Hi All..

Thanks for you all .. for you surprise it compilles !.. I also surprised after seeing this code ..

THanks,
Arun

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

about memset fuction

Dear all, In my code,i am planning to use memset function to re-initialise an array before populating it everytime. Will using memset function be an overload to the program? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj@chn
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

memset vs calloc

Dear Friends, Can any one tell me the difference between memset and calloc function in C. Regards, Selvi (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvi
7 Replies

3. Solaris

application Crashes on memset ?? any suggestions

Hi All, we have an application that is written in 'C' programming to connects to various servers in the organization. The bellow code establish a TCP connection to connect to the remote servers. the application works perfectly ok, but, after some time the entire process get's crashed and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharma
2 Replies

4. Programming

C bzero() to memset() issue

Hi guys, my tool works fine in gentoo, ubuntu now im trying to port it to windows but bzero/bcopy I read aren't working on windows and for better portability I should of use memset() so im trying to translate bzero(buffer,256);in printf("MAIL TO"); strcpy(buffer, rcp); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jess83
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

More ps questions.

Hey all, Thanks for all the help you have given me. Two more things I am trying to figure out. I need to issue a command..example ps -ef | grep <process> This would return about 10-15 running processes. I need to verify that there are x amount of processes running. What is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
7 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Just had a few questions

1) The lpr and sort utilities accept input either from a file named on the command line or from standard input. a)Name two other utilities that function in a similar manner. b)Name a utility that accepts its input only from standard input. 2) Explain the following error message. What... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: youngyou
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vi questions

Hello, I would like to know how we can highlight/select a section of a file in vi and delete that section if we don't want to use the dd command to delete one line at at time. There is one where we don't want to delete the whole line , but up to a certain word. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Memset fails on Solaris

Hi, memset call is failing on solaris for me. I wrote below code and that also fails. Any hints? void *memset(void *dst, int c, size_t n) { if (n) { char *d = dst; do { *d++ = c; } while (--n); } return dst; } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
2 Replies
PEEKFD(1)							   User Commands							 PEEKFD(1)

NAME
peekfd - peek at file descriptors of running processes SYNOPSIS
peekfd [-8,--eight-bit-clean] [-n,--no-headers] [-f,--follow] [-d,--duplicates-removed] [-V,--version] [-h,--help] pid [fd] [fd] ... DESCRIPTION
peekfd attaches to a running process and intercepts all reads and writes to file descriptors. You can specify the desired file descriptor numbers or dump all of them. OPTIONS
-8 Do no post-processing on the bytes being read or written. -n Do not display headers indicating the source of the bytes dumped. -c Also dump the requested file descriptor activity in any new child processes that are created. -d Remove duplicate read/writes from the output. If you're looking at a tty with echo, you might want this. -v Display a version string. -h Display a help message. FILES
/proc/*/fd Not used but useful for the user to look at to get good file descriptor numbers. ENVIRONMENT
None. DIAGNOSTICS
The following diagnostics may be issued on stderr: Error attaching to pid ... An unknown error occured while attempted to attach to a process.. you may need to be root. BUGS
Probably lots. Don't be surprised if the process you are monitoring dies. AUTHOR
Trent Waddington <trent.waddington@gmail.com> SEE ALSO
ttysnoop(8) Linux APRIL 2007 PEEKFD(1)