Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue with a ethernet card
Operating Systems SCO Issue with a ethernet card Post 302130998 by tazmss1 on Wednesday 8th of August 2007 04:12:22 PM
Old 08-08-2007
Issue with a ethernet card

Installed a replacement 3com pci card on an ibm PC 300 GL, running OpenServer 6.0 , brought up system, and recieved this message:

Fsstat:/dev/boot mounted
Mounted /stand filesystem
System auditing is not enabled.
Dlpid:Unable to open network adapter driver (/dev/mdi/r8e0)
Dlpid:No such file or directory
/etc/slink:Function "Cenetb" command 3:dlbind: protocol error 16
Ifconfig:ioctl (SIOCGIFFLAGS) : no such interface.

I'm thinking that it is a problem with the card...any other suggestions?

-Tazmss1

Last edited by tazmss1; 08-09-2007 at 05:29 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ethernet card for Solaris

Hi, How can i check the speed of the Ethernet card that my Sun server has and also how can i change it to full Duplex if it is set to half duplex? What is the file that takes care of this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

RedHat and Ethernet card no like each other

I have searched this forum for solution and have drawn a blank... so I come to you for help :) I an a Win XP user that has no problem getting on internet when I am on that OS (currently on it right now ;)). I installed red hat 9 and when I use that OS, I cannot get a connection. I ran the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minnesota Red
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ethernet card problem...

I am an extreme novice trying to learn Linux. I have redhat 9 installed in a computer I built specifically to install and learn linux. I have an asus a7v8x-x motherboard with the realtek 10/100 mbps ethernet card. I also installed a Jaht adapter jn-1110r32c ethernet card. I cannot get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tony Empire
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

ethernet card

What command do I use to show mw the ethernet card, I have tried ipconfig -a (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhlopomo
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i see ethernet card speed in solars

hai this is nagesh when i was doing practical , i find some dought. iam using solaris 9. how can i see the ethernet card speed , wheather it is halfduplex or full duplex.any body please help me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag.mi2000
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Ethernet card drivers issue...

I need to install ethernet card drivers on intel machine. How can i know which Ethernet card interface (sfe,rh,rtls...) is it? How can i know the speed of that card? How can i know network traffic ? If network traffic is more with that interface what should i do? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
2 Replies

7. AIX

Utilization of Ethernet Card

Hi, is it possible to find out network utilization of etherenet card in %? Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

8. Linux

Offload parameters for Ethernet Card

Hi, Actually i want to see Offload parameter for my Eth card. Then after i try using this command Anybody can explain ? Is there any problem with my eth card ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justbow
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Gigaswift ethernet card on reboot

I do have a server (SUNV240) with Solaris 9, it has a PCI gigaswift ethernet card for fiber with SC connector, everytime I reboot the server the card won't link up unless I unplug it and plug it back again, for remote operations this is a hassle since sometimes reboots are needed and this card... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xe2bss
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Problem with my Ethernet Card

Hi Gurus of Solaris. I have a problem yesterday when I was installing solaris in a x86 equipement I attached some log that I capture when I try to resolve the problem Any guru that can help please. Any command or procedure that I can run, please advice me Regards Andres (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
10 Replies
RP(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     RP(4)

NAME
rp -- driver for Comtrol RocketPort Intelligent Serial Port Cards SYNOPSIS
device rp For ISA cards, you must specify the port address in /boot/device.hints: hint.rp.0.at="isa" hint.rp.0.port="0x100" DESCRIPTION
This driver provides a kernel device driver for the RocketPort and RocketPort RA serial boards. These boards provide 8, 16, or 32 high-speed serial ports while requiring only 68 bytes of I/O space for all 8, 16, or 32 ports, and do not require an interrupt channel. This driver supports up to four RocketPort or RocketPort RA boards in one machine simultaneously. If you are using four 32 port RocketPort boards, you can put as many as 128 intelligent serial ports on your system. The rp driver supports the following speeds: 50, 75, 110, 134, 150, 200, 300, 600, 1200, 1800, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 7200, 14400, 57600, 76800, 115200, and 230400. (You must use termios(4), rather than the old style ioctl interface to use non-traditional speeds.) An open on the rp driver will block until carrier is present, unless O_NONBLOCK or CLOCAL is set. HARDWARE CONFIGURATION
The first RocketPort or RocketPort RA card requires a 68-byte contiguous block of I/O addresses, starting at one of the following: 0x100h, 0x140h, 0x180h, 0x200h, 0x240h, 0x280h, 0x300h, 0x340h, 0x380h. The second, third, and fourth RocketPort cards require only a 64-byte con- tiguous block of I/O addresses, starting at one of the above address ranges. The I/O address range used by any of the RocketPort cards must not conflict with any other cards in the system, including other RocketPort cards. The starting range of the I/O ports used by each card must match with the I/O address specified in /boot/device.hints. Since the first RocketPort uses 68 I/O addresses, if the first card is set to use an I/O block starting at 0x100, it will occupy the I/O ports between 0x100 and 0x143. This means that the second, third, or fourth RocketPort board may not use the block of addresses starting at 0x140, since the first three I/O addresses of that range are used by the first board. This is an important point to keep in mind. If you have two ISA cards, one installed at 0x100 and the second installed at 0x180, then you should add the following to /boot/device.hints: hint.rp.0.at="isa" hint.rp.0.port="0x100" hint.rp.1.at="isa" hint.rp.1.port="0x180" The configuration of the RocketPort cards is done via the set of 8 DIP switches, labeled SW1 on the RocketPort card: +-------------------------------+ | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 | +-------+-------+---------------+ | Unused| Card | I/O Port Block| +-------------------------------+ DIP switches 7 and 8 are unused, and must be left on. DIP switches 6 and 5 identify the card number of each RocketPort card. The first card installed in the system must have its DIP switches set as card number one; the second card installed in the system must have its DIP switches set as card number two; and so on. As shipped from the factory, DIP switches 6 and 5 are both on by default, indicating that this is the first card installed on the system: DIP Switches 6 5 =================== On On First Card On Off Second Card Off On Third Card Off Off Fourth Card DIP switches 4, 3, 2, and 1 indicate the I/O address range used by the first RocketPort card. If there are more than one RocketPort cards installed in a system, the second, third and fourth RocketPort cards must also be set to the I/O address range used by the first RocketPort card; all cards must have these DIP switches set identically for proper operation. As shipped from the factory, DIP switch 4 is on, and switches 3, 2, and 1 are off by default, indicating an I/O address range used by the first card which starts at 0x180 and extends to 0x1C3. DIP Switches I/O Address Range 4 3 2 1 Used by the First Card ===================================== On Off On Off 100-143 On Off Off On 140-183 On Off Off Off 180-1C3 Off On On Off 200-243 Off On Off On 240-283 Off On Off Off 280-2C3 Off Off On Off 300-343 Off Off Off On 340-383 Off Off Off Off 380-3C3 FILES
/dev/ttyR[0-4][0-9a-f] AUTHORS
Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> This driver was written under contract for Comtrol Corporation. For dealer, distributor and other information regarding Comtrol RocketPort, contact Comtrol Corporation at (800) 926-6876 or send email to <info@comtrol.com>. To report bugs for this driver, please send email to <bug-bsdi-rocketport@comtrol.com>. BUGS
If incoming software flow control is enabled on a 486 or Pentium machine, and the flow control is very heavily exercised, on rare occasions a character will get dropped. This problem does not occur on a 386, and it is not currently known whether the bug is in the rp driver or in the BSD/OS tty layer. BSD
November 15, 1995 BSD