Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: if clause
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers if clause Post 302130913 by FOOGLE on Wednesday 8th of August 2007 09:09:03 AM
Old 08-08-2007
if [ -s abcd.txt ];then
echo "non empty"
else
echo "empty"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep the where clause of a SQL?

Hi UNIX Gurus, I want to use extract the where clause of a SQL present in a file. Please suggest me how can I do it. Select * from emp where emp_id>10; cat <file_name> | grep -i "where" returns whole SQL. how can I extract only "where emp_id>10;" Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ustechie
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with if clause in bash script

hey guys, I am trying to get some statistics from a DHCP server, like counting the number of DHCP Discovers from a specific MAC address. The script should count the number of DHCP Discovers and output it, otherwise if it cannot find any , it should output the MAC address and "0". The first... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: liviusbr
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file renaming with if else clause

Hi. I am trying to rename some files with an if else clause. So far I am doing it this way: for file in *; do mv $file `echo $file|sed 's/$/.txt/'`; done This make all my files have a .txt at the end of their name. But since I had some .jpg files in my folder they end up being... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: danieladna
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check a variable value through if clause

Hi guys, I am trying to check the values i have for two variables. if && ; then echo "Success"; fi Now Test1 can have any Alpha Variable and Count is a integer value. Even though we have given 'and' Condition, even one condition is sucess, i am getting the Success message. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use a shell variable in where clause

Hi all, I want to use a variable inside my sql query and below is my script: #!/bin/ksh export b="abcd" a=`sqlplus -s abc/def@ghi <<++ set heading off; set feedback off; select xxx from mytable where clmn_nm='$b'; exit; ++` echo $a But the output i get is below: $>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayaraman
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

If clause in perl

HI friends , I am very new to perl .please dont mind if i ask silly questions. I seee below code in one sript if ( exists $ENV{FMTWRP_TMP_DIR} and $ENV{FMTWRP_TMP_DIR} ) { $tdir = $ENV{FMTWRP_TMP_DIR}; } whats does this mean . I am very confused about the if clauses in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

../ in perl and if clause

Hi can anyone please explain what the below code does? i mean $fide_stopfile = ? when $FIDE_SCR = '/fs/dir1/dir2/common/scr' and also little confused with if clause too. what it check? $fide_stopfile = "$ENV{FIDE_SCR}/../tmp/STOP"; if ( -e $fide_stopfile > 0 ) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for a directory with if clause?

Hello All, I want to do a conditional search for a directory, i.e pathname=/abc/def foldername=xyz if ( $pathname/$foldername/aaa ) then .................. fi Here i am searching for aaa directory inside the path and if it exist then it should go inside the loop. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If clause query

Hi, i need to add a condition in my IF clause where i need to check if the file exists in a folder and return true out of it. but in my directory i have multiple files with same name but datestamp append on it for e.g. export f1 = filename export f2=filename1 if ] then echo "No... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cshell if clause indentation

I would like to know if indentation is relevant for Cshell scripts. I wrote my code like this: if ((-e file1) && (-e file2)) then cat file1 > file10 cat file2 > file20 endifUsually I write my if clauses like this: if ((-e file1) && (-e file2)) then cat file1 > file10 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maya3
1 Replies
list link(1m)															     list link(1m)

NAME
list link - Displays a list of all the soft links whose names match the link name that you specify SYNOPSIS
cdscp list link link-name [with attribute-name = attribute-value] ARGUMENTS
The full name of a specific soft link. The last simple name can contain wildcard characters. The name of a particular attribute. The value of a particular attribute. DESCRIPTION
The list link command displays a list of all the soft links whose names match the link name that you specify. The last simple name can contain wildcard characters. You can use a with attribute-name = attribute-value clause to limit output only to soft links whose attributes have values equal to the specified values. A space must precede and follow the = (equals sign). This command does not list the name of the directory, object entry, or other soft link to which the soft link points. Privilege Required You must have read permission to the directory that stores the soft link. If you use a with attribute-name = attribute-value clause in the command, you also need read or test permission to the selected soft links. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command displays a list of all the soft links whose names begin with the letter l in the directory /.:/admin. cdscp> list link /.:/admin/l* LIST SOFTLINK /.../abc.com/admin AT 1991-10-15-15:54:38 lnk01 lnk02 lnk03 lnk04 lnk05 lnk06 RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: create link(1m), delete link(1m), remove link(1m), set link(1m), show link(1m) list link(1m)