Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change the a string in the file Post 302130893 by Klashxx on Wednesday 8th of August 2007 07:56:08 AM
Old 08-08-2007
Code:
perl -pi -e "s/Myapp/Mydb/g" *

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace character in a string pattern and save the change in same file

I am facing one problem, can any one please suggest me the command for the same in unix. I am using Ksh. I have a large file with the data that looks like below. "ROTO2-2007f","_US01","9/15/2007","9/21/2007",346492,"NICK, LCD WATCH"97,1,"NAPOLITJ ","BERGER,M Z & CO INC",0.01, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihir0011
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change only the x first characters of a string?

Hi, How can I replace x first characters from a string? I have a file with... say 10000 entries as follows: 00123456781 00123456782 00123456783 ... What I want to do is change the leading "00" with for example "12" The leading 00 can be in some files some other 1 or more digits e.g.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change a string

I have my.cnf file: log-bin = mysql-bin relay-log = relay-bin #skip-slave-start ...... If there is no "skip-slave-start", I want to add it. Or uncomment if it presents and commented. Could someone tell me how to implement this feature in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change string in file

i have a file as input. file $1,$2,$3 $1,$2,$3 ( $ are string ) i want to grep $fail in $1 list if $1 = $fail i want to print $var in $3 the output file ( if $1=$fail in the third line) file1 $1,$2,$3 $1,$2,$3 $1,$2,$var (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the order of a string ?

Hi , I want to change the order of a string using sed command . Is it possible ? $echo "abc123xyz" | sed 's/\()*\) \(*\)/\2\1/' abc123xyz $ echo "abc123xyz" |sed 's/\()*\) \(*\) \()*\)/\2\1\3/' abc123xyz I want to change the string , abc123xyz as xyz123abc . Is it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajavu
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Find one string, change another string.

Hi, In principle I am searching for a Perl equivalent for this sed command: sed "/TIM_AM_ARGS=/ s/60/1440/" $EDIT_FILE > $TEMP_FILE cp $TEMP_FILE $EDIT_FILE I was wondering if it needs to be like this, or that there other, shorter, alternatives: open (TIMENVFILE, "<$timenvfile") or die... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

change each letter of a string

Is there a way to change each letter of a string to the next one in the alphabet, so that a becomes b and f becomes g, and digits become one unit bigger - 4 becomes 5 and 9 becomes 0. I want to change strings like ben123 to cfo234. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I search and change an specific string in a file

Dear All, New to Linux/Unix OS, my Linux version is 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux As titled, I wonder if you can help to provide a solution to find and change an specific string in a file The file include a lots of data in following configuration but might be various in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: axel
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a file and change another in the line

I did it myself (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to change specific string to new value if found in text file

I am trying to use awk to change a specific string in a field, if it is found, to another value. In the tab-delimited file the text in bold in $3 contains the string 23, which is always right before a ., if it is present. I am trying to change that string to X, keeping the formatting and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)