Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command to get File Timestamp including seconds [Aix 5.3] Post 302130892 by firdousamir on Wednesday 8th of August 2007 07:53:46 AM
Old 08-08-2007
ls -l --full-time is not working however. Is the precision configurable? I mean somewhere in the /etc ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file creation date including seconds

Hi, Is anybody can help me to get the file creation date with seconds? -rw-r--r-- 1 opsc system 422550845 Aug 22 15:41 StatData.20020821 Thanks in advance Krishna (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
7 Replies

2. AIX

Unable to display the date-time in seconds on AIX

Hi, In unix the command "date +%s" displays the date-time in seconds since â00:00:00 1970-01-01 UTCâ (a GNU extension) when executed on unix: -sh-2.05b$ date +%s 1152092690 I tried with all the format control output but unable to display the date-time in seconds i,e as in unix format. Can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_haroon
6 Replies

3. AIX

AIX TL updates not including all packages needed

In trying to resolve my issue, I downloaded TL 11 and trying to update to it. Why the heck does not the TL fix have the required files in it? Thats another 1.+ GB download. I am also sure that when I go to install that package it will complain about rsct not being updated. MISSING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare a file by its timestamp and store in a different location whenever timestamp changes?

Hi All, I am new to unix programming. I am trying for a requirement and the requirement goes like this..... I have a test folder. Which tracks log files. After certain time, the log file is getting overwritten by another file (randomly as the time interval is not periodic). I need to preserve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsara
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need file timestamp without stat command

Hi all, I want to check whether a file is not updated in last 15 minutes, for this i need to get timestamp of file, (yyyy:mm:dd:hh:mi:ss). I dont have access to STAT command :(. Please suggest a program or command to do this . Thanks, Saravana (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam_1210
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition based on Timestamp (Date/Time based) from logfile (Epoch seconds)

Below is the sample logfile: Userids Date Time acb Checkout time: 2013-11-20 17:00 axy Checkout time: 2013-11-22 12:00 der Checkout time: 2013-11-17 17:00 xyz Checkout time: 2013-11-19 16:00 ddd Checkout time: 2013-11-21 16:00 aaa Checkout... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX : Need to convert UNIX Timestamp to normal timestamp

Hello , I am working on AIX. I have to convert Unix timestamp to normal timestamp. Below is the file. The Unix timestamp will always be preceded by EFFECTIVE_TIME as first field as shown and there could be multiple EFFECTIVE_TIME in the file : 3.txt Contents of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

8. AIX

Getting files through find command and listing file modification time upto seconds

I have to list the files of particular directory using file filter like find -name abc* something and if multiple file exist I also want time of each file up to seconds. Currently we are getting time up to minutes in AIX is there any way I can get file last modification time up to seconds. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nitesh sahu
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time in seconds on AIX 4.3.2.0

Hi to everybody again i Need your help, i wasting hours but can't find a solutuin for my Problem. I am not an expert with AIX script programming. I have a csh script and i need the time in seconds but since i have an old AIX the Option -%s doesnot exist with the date command. I seach in Google... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nadielosabra
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help with UNIX command to get the latest file from list of files with timestamp

Hi All, I have list of files like below with name abcxyz.timestamp. I need a unix command to pick the latest file from the list of below files. Here in this case the lates file is abcxyz.20190304103200. I have used this unix command "ls abcxyz*|tail -1" but i heard that it is not the appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
2 Replies
PCAP_OPEN_OFFLINE(3)					     Library Functions Manual					      PCAP_OPEN_OFFLINE(3)

NAME
pcap_open_offline, pcap_open_offline_with_tstamp_precision, pcap_fopen_offline, pcap_fopen_offline_with_tstamp_precision - open a saved capture file for reading SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> char errbuf[PCAP_ERRBUF_SIZE]; pcap_t *pcap_open_offline(const char *fname, char *errbuf); pcap_t *pcap_open_offline_with_tstamp_precision(const char *fname, u_int precision, char *errbuf); pcap_t *pcap_fopen_offline(FILE *fp, char *errbuf); pcap_t *pcap_fopen_offline_with_tstamp_precision(FILE *fp, u_int precision, char *errbuf); DESCRIPTION
pcap_open_offline() and pcap_open_offline_with_tstamp_precision() are called to open a ``savefile'' for reading. fname specifies the name of the file to open. The file can have the pcap file format as described in pcap-savefile(5), which is the file format used by, among other programs, tcpdump(1) and tcpslice(1), or can have the pcap-ng file format, although not all pcap-ng files can be read. The name "-" is a synonym for stdin. pcap_open_offline_with_tstamp_precision() takes an additional precision argument specifying the time stamp precision desired; if PCAP_TSTAMP_PRECISION_MICRO is specified, packet time stamps will be supplied in seconds and microseconds, and if PCAP_TSTAMP_PRECI- SION_NANO is specified, packet time stamps will be supplied in seconds and nanoseconds. If the time stamps in the file do not have the same precision as the requested precision, they will be scaled up or down as necessary before being supplied. Alternatively, you may call pcap_fopen_offline() or pcap_fopen_offline_with_tstamp_precision() to read dumped data from an existing open stream fp. pcap_fopen_offline_with_tstamp_precision() takes an additional precision argument as described above. Note that on Windows, that stream should be opened in binary mode. RETURN VALUE
pcap_open_offline(), pcap_open_offline_with_tstamp_precision(), pcap_fopen_offline(), and pcap_fopen_offline_with_tstamp_precision() return a pcap_t * on success and NULL on failure. If NULL is returned, errbuf is filled in with an appropriate error message. errbuf is assumed to be able to hold at least PCAP_ERRBUF_SIZE chars. SEE ALSO
pcap(3), pcap-savefile(5) 1 July 2013 PCAP_OPEN_OFFLINE(3)