Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command to get File Timestamp including seconds [Aix 5.3] Post 302130882 by matrixmadhan on Wednesday 8th of August 2007 07:08:45 AM
Old 08-08-2007
I suppose, that is the precision in which the details are stored in the inode.

Even when you do a stat, HH : MM is the precision limit you get

Code:
Access: 2007-05-12 01:54:00.000000000
Modify: 2007-05-12 01:54:00.000000000
Change: 2007-05-12 01:54:00.000000000

Somebody might be knowing about this in detail Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file creation date including seconds

Hi, Is anybody can help me to get the file creation date with seconds? -rw-r--r-- 1 opsc system 422550845 Aug 22 15:41 StatData.20020821 Thanks in advance Krishna (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
7 Replies

2. AIX

Unable to display the date-time in seconds on AIX

Hi, In unix the command "date +%s" displays the date-time in seconds since â00:00:00 1970-01-01 UTCâ (a GNU extension) when executed on unix: -sh-2.05b$ date +%s 1152092690 I tried with all the format control output but unable to display the date-time in seconds i,e as in unix format. Can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_haroon
6 Replies

3. AIX

AIX TL updates not including all packages needed

In trying to resolve my issue, I downloaded TL 11 and trying to update to it. Why the heck does not the TL fix have the required files in it? Thats another 1.+ GB download. I am also sure that when I go to install that package it will complain about rsct not being updated. MISSING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare a file by its timestamp and store in a different location whenever timestamp changes?

Hi All, I am new to unix programming. I am trying for a requirement and the requirement goes like this..... I have a test folder. Which tracks log files. After certain time, the log file is getting overwritten by another file (randomly as the time interval is not periodic). I need to preserve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsara
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need file timestamp without stat command

Hi all, I want to check whether a file is not updated in last 15 minutes, for this i need to get timestamp of file, (yyyy:mm:dd:hh:mi:ss). I dont have access to STAT command :(. Please suggest a program or command to do this . Thanks, Saravana (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam_1210
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition based on Timestamp (Date/Time based) from logfile (Epoch seconds)

Below is the sample logfile: Userids Date Time acb Checkout time: 2013-11-20 17:00 axy Checkout time: 2013-11-22 12:00 der Checkout time: 2013-11-17 17:00 xyz Checkout time: 2013-11-19 16:00 ddd Checkout time: 2013-11-21 16:00 aaa Checkout... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX : Need to convert UNIX Timestamp to normal timestamp

Hello , I am working on AIX. I have to convert Unix timestamp to normal timestamp. Below is the file. The Unix timestamp will always be preceded by EFFECTIVE_TIME as first field as shown and there could be multiple EFFECTIVE_TIME in the file : 3.txt Contents of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

8. AIX

Getting files through find command and listing file modification time upto seconds

I have to list the files of particular directory using file filter like find -name abc* something and if multiple file exist I also want time of each file up to seconds. Currently we are getting time up to minutes in AIX is there any way I can get file last modification time up to seconds. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nitesh sahu
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time in seconds on AIX 4.3.2.0

Hi to everybody again i Need your help, i wasting hours but can't find a solutuin for my Problem. I am not an expert with AIX script programming. I have a csh script and i need the time in seconds but since i have an old AIX the Option -%s doesnot exist with the date command. I seach in Google... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nadielosabra
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help with UNIX command to get the latest file from list of files with timestamp

Hi All, I have list of files like below with name abcxyz.timestamp. I need a unix command to pick the latest file from the list of below files. Here in this case the lates file is abcxyz.20190304103200. I have used this unix command "ls abcxyz*|tail -1" but i heard that it is not the appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
2 Replies
shift(1)							   User Commands							  shift(1)

NAME
shift - shell built-in function to traverse either a shell's argument list or a list of field-separated words SYNOPSIS
sh shift [n] csh shift [variable] ksh * shift [n] DESCRIPTION
sh The positional parameters from $n+1 ... are renamed $1 ... . If n is not given, it is assumed to be 1. csh The components of argv, or variable, if supplied, are shifted to the left, discarding the first component. It is an error for the variable not to be set or to have a null value. ksh The positional parameters from $n+1 $n+1 ... are renamed $1 ..., default n is 1. The parameter n can be any arithmetic expression that evaluates to a non-negative number less than or equal to $#. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 shift(1)