Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to create random no between 10 to 40 in C Post 302130869 by bishweshwar on Wednesday 8th of August 2007 06:33:22 AM
Old 08-08-2007
one query..in the above code

Why the resule is being divided by 30 to get the result & added to 10.

How to reach the above decision.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How do I create desktop icons for the shell programs I create???

I am a bash shell programmer and I create programs on occasional basis. Now, I dont want my programs to be run by typing out its name at a command line. I want to make it as user friendly as possible. I want to create icons on the desktop so users can click on it. mind you, I said "desktop... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a Random passwd

Hello Everyone, I am wondering how to create a Random Password of 8 characters for a user. It has to be run in a script. Also, The user have to be asked to change his/her password the first time they login. I tried using genPass but seems like my system doesn't support that command. For... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashirpopal
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random

My problem is as follow and i hope you can help: I currently have this function: stored_word() { number=$RANDOM let "number %= 21" case $number in 0 ) echo "energy" ;; 1 ) echo "touch" ;; 2 ) echo "climbing" ;; 3 ) echo "declare" ;; 4 ) echo "marry" ;; 5 ) echo "relax" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: keyvan
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Boot Problems, random messages [/etc/rcS: /etc/dfs/sharetab: cannot create]

Hello All, I have all of a sudden developed issues with booting up one of my Solaris Servers. Upon a routine reboot, I was faced with the following errors: Feb 1 07:56:44 sco1-au-tci scsi: WARNING: /pci@1c,600000/scsi@2/sd@0,0 (sd0): Feb 1 07:56:44 sco1-au-tci Error for Command: read(10)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjtech
9 Replies

5. Ubuntu

expect script for random password and random commands

Hi I am new to expect. Please if any one can help on my issue its really appreciable. here is my issue: I want expect script for random passwords and random commands generation. please can anyone help me? Many Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
0 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create script to add user and create directory

first off let me introduce myself. My name is Eric and I am new to linux, I am taking an advanced linux administration class and we are tasked with creating a script to add new users that anyone can run, has to check for the existence of a directory. if the directory does not exist then it has... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbhound
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create random number

Hi, I'm trying to create a script that will print random numbers with length of three. Below is the expected out. 928-377-899 942-458-310 951-948-511 962-681-415 995-161-708 997-997-209 thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to generate a file with random data. /dev/[u]random doesn't exist.

Need to use dd to generate a large file from a sample file of random data. This is because I don't have /dev/urandom. I create a named pipe then: dd if=mynamed.fifo do=myfile.fifo bs=1024 count=1024 but when I cat a file to the fifo that's 1024 random bytes: cat randomfile.txt >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create 'n' number random pairwise combination of words

File 1 contains the list of words that needed to be randomly paired: Tiger Cat Fish Frog Dog Mouse Elephant Monkey File 2 contains the pairs that should not be used (in any solution) during random pairing. Elephant-Dog Cat-Fish Monkey-Frog Dog-Elephant, Fish-Cat, Frog-Monkey... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sammy777888
1 Replies
RAND(3) 								 1								   RAND(3)

rand - Generate a random integer

SYNOPSIS
int rand (void ) DESCRIPTION
int rand (int $min, int $max) If called without the optional $min, $max arguments rand(3) returns a pseudo-random integer between 0 and getrandmax(3). If you want a random number between 5 and 15 (inclusive), for example, use rand(5, 15). Caution This function does not generate cryptographically secure values, and should not be used for cryptographic purposes. If you need a cryptographically secure value, consider using random_int(3), random_bytes(3), or openssl_random_pseudo_bytes(3) instead. Note On some platforms (such as Windows), getrandmax(3) is only 32767. If you require a range larger than 32767, specifying $min and $max will allow you to create a range larger than this, or consider using mt_rand(3) instead. PARAMETERS
o $min - The lowest value to return (default: 0) o $max - The highest value to return (default: getrandmax(3)) RETURN VALUES
A pseudo random value between $min (or 0) and $max (or getrandmax(3), inclusive). EXAMPLES
Example #1 rand(3) example <?php echo rand() . " "; echo rand() . " "; echo rand(5, 15); ?> The above example will output something similar to: 7771 22264 11 SEE ALSO
srand(3), getrandmax(3), mt_rand(3), random_int(3), random_bytes(3), openssl_random_pseudo_bytes(3). PHP Documentation Group RAND(3)