Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract the Pattern
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Extract the Pattern Post 302130816 by lorcan on Wednesday 8th of August 2007 01:50:27 AM
Old 08-08-2007
The first part of the sed statement is to extract the line containing the pattern, So 1,4d or '/NisLdapServer/!d will delete all the lines except for the 5th line and then the second part i am extracting the pattern inbetween the braces

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract if pattern matches

Hi All, I have an input below. I tried to use the awk below but it seems that it ;s not working. Can anybody help ? My concept here is to find the 2nd field of the last occurrence of such pattern " ** XXX ccc ccc cc cc ccc 2007 " . In this case, the 2nd field is " XXX ". With this "XXX" term... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
20 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern extract

Hi I have a pattern like : SYSTEM_NAME-232-S7-200810060949.LOG Here I need to extract system name and the timestamp and also the numeric number after "-S" i.e 7 here . I am not very sure of whether I should use sed / awk for this ?:confused: Thanks, Priya. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyam
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract based on pattern

I have a mail log file and I want to extract some lines belonging to one domain. For example Input File: Dec 12 03:15:28 postfix/smtpd: 3F481EB0295: client=unknown, sasl_method=PLAIN, sasl_username=abcd@xyz.com Dec 12 03:22:08 postfix/smtpd: 60B56EE001D: client=5ad9b9ba.com,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bijayant Kumar
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract pattern before two newlines

Hi All, My file looks like this: 1 2 3 3 4 5 6 7 8 8 7 6 3 4 5 3 6 7 3 4 5 1 2 4 3 4 6 2 4 6 As you can see there are two newlines after the next pattern of numbers begin. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need pattern Extract

2014-05-31-18.22.18.500158-240 E11115478A502 LEVEL: Info PID : 25100668 TID : 73282 PROC : db2sysc 0 INSTANCE: udbin001 NODE : 000 DB : APPHDL : 0-18345 APPID: *LOCAL.udbin001.140531200018 AUTHID : udbin001 EDUID : 73282 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract pattern from text

Hi all, I got a txt here and I need to extract all D 8888 44 and D 8888 43 + next field =",g("en")];f._sn&&(f._sn= "og."+f._sn);for(var n in f)l.push("&"),l.push(g(n)),l.push("="),l.push(g(f));l.push("&emsg=");l.push(g(d.name+":"+d.message));var m=l.join("");Ea(m)&&(m=m.substr(0,2E3));c=m;var... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with pattern match and Extract

Hi All, I am having a file like below . Basically when SB comes in the text with B. I have to take the word till SB. When there only B I should take take till B. Tried for cut it by demilter but not able to build the logic SB- CD B_RESTO SB_RESTO CRYSTALS BOILERS -->There SB and B so I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract whole word preceding a specific character pattern with first occurence of the pattern

Hello. Here is a file contents : declare -Ax NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY=(="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" .................. ="§"Here is a pattern =I want to extract 'NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY' which is the whole word before the first occurrence of pattern '=' Is there a better solution than mine :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
UMOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     UMOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
umount.nfs, umount.nfs4 - unmount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
umount.nfs dir [-fvnrlh ] DESCRIPTION
umount.nfs and umount.nfs4 are a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. umount.nfs4 and umount.nfs are meant to be used by the umount(8) command for unmounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. dir is the directory on which the file system is mounted. OPTIONS
-f Force unmount the file system in case of unreachable NFS system. -v Be verbose. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip delet- ing an entry. -r In case unmounting fails, try to mount read-only. -l Lazy unmount. Detach the file system from the file system hierarchy now, and cleanup all references to the file system as soon as it is not busy anymore. -h Print help message. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and umount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), umount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 6 Jun 2006 UMOUNT.NFS(8)