Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I simplify the script Post 302130803 by sudhish on Wednesday 8th of August 2007 12:53:21 AM
Old 08-08-2007
How can I simplify the script

Hi all,

How can I simplify following script,
Logic is to find two strings (strings are case sensitive) from a file.

if [ `grep -x "$1" "$path"/Hostname/$file_name|wc -l` -eq 1 ]; then
if [`grep -x "$2" "$path"/Hostname/$file_name|wc -l` -eq 1 ]; then
Group=`echo $1_hostname`
fi
fi

Please help me on this.

Regards
Sudhish s. kumar

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

a script to simplify the use of grep

I'm trying to write a script that simplify the use of grep utility. these are the option that I'd like to use with the script " -c -i -l -n -v". When I execute the script none of these option works. I really appreciate any idea or tips regarding this problem. here the code echo " Enter 1-7:"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kemobyte
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to simplify with awk

Hi, Need your help guys. I'm trying to tweak my current shell-script to make it run faster. I think a part of the code that takes too long is the splitting of the 1st field of my CSV raw-file to date-time. Below is the 1st column of my CSV file: $ awk -F"," {'print $1'} temp-*|head... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: daytripper1021
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

simplify the script, check field match to value in a file

Hi Everyone, Below is the script, i feel there should be more simple way to do the same output, my one works, but feel not nice. like using index i feel it is slow (image my file is very large), maybe awk can do one line code? Please advice. # cat 1.txt 1 a 2 b 3 cc 4 d # cat 1.pl... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I simplify this script?

Hi all, I have a script which runs every morning which clears down a series of directories. The structures of which are; /opt/feeds/failed/feed1 /opt/feeds/succeed/feed1 /opt/feeds/failed/feed2 /opt/feeds/succeed/feed2 /opt/feeds/failed/feed3 /opt/feeds/succeed/feed3 etc etc Files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
6 Replies

5. Programming

How to simplify this perl script to a cleaner simpler look?

my $branch_email_e = $FORM{r_Branch}; my $hostbranch_email_e = $FORM{r_Host_Branch}; my $branch_email_f = $FORM{r_Direction_generale}; my $hostbranch_email_f = $FORM{r_Direction_generale_daccueil}; my $branch_realname_e = ''; my $branch_realname_f = ''; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: callyvan
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simplify Bash Script Using "sed" Or "awk"

Input file: 2 aux003.net3.com error12 6 awn0117.net1.com error13 84 aux008 error14 29 aux001.ha.ux.isd.com error12 209 aux002.vm.ux.isd.com error34 21 alx0027.vm.net2.com error12 227 dux001.net5.com error123 22 us008.dot.net2.com error121 13 us009.net2.com error129Expected Output: 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sQew
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

simplify/combine if statements would be nice

below is something i inherited: if && && ; then HOST_SELECT="-m quadcore" fi if && && ; then HOST_SELECT="-m quadcore" fi if && && ; then HOST_SELECT="-m octocore1" fibelow is what i changed it to: if && && ; then HOST_SELECT="-m quadcore"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

simplify regular expressions

Hi can anyone help me with how to simplify this regular expression ---------- Post updated at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:11 PM ---------- IS THIS RIGHT ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew211
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to simplify this code?

hi guys need your help...how to simplify this script... for i in `cat dmp.txt` do model=$i more $model | grep : | cut -d ":" -f 2- | grep : | grep -v "=" > temp1 more $model | grep / | cut -d ":" -f 2- > temp2 more $model | grep = | cut -d ":" -f 2- > temp3 more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulabc
2 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)