Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: append file with tar command
Operating Systems AIX append file with tar command Post 302130753 by mbakry23 on Tuesday 7th of August 2007 05:27:56 PM
Old 08-07-2007
thank you friends verey match

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f` only tar 1 file

Hi all, 4 files are returned when i issue 'find . -mtime -1 -type f -ls'. ./ora_475244.aud ./ora_671958.aud ./ora_934052.aud ./ora_934050.aud However, when I issued the below command: tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f`, the tar file only contains the 1st file -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compress the file using Tar command

Hi, When i am tar the file particular ,csv file format in a folder i am receiving the error Command: tar cf New_data.tar /new/file/mari/getdata/small/*.xml Arguements too long But sometimes i am able to compress other folder but the tar folder contains all the file format and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: marivinay
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with tar --append command output redirection

I am using tar command to append daily database backups on tape. "tar --append " command help me to do this. But tar --append command does not produce any output on stdout if it succeed. I want the output for that appended command to a log file. This log file should contain only the name of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pganguly46
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to run .tar file

How to install a file in unix with an extension .tar? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manisham
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append files to a existing tar file.

Hi all, I want to check whether tar file exists in the directory or not. If tar file exists in the directory then I want to append the files to it. I am using the below command to tar files if the file does not exist. tar zcvf <tar file name> <Files to append> However, if want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a file from ls -l command and append additional info to results

I need to be able to take the results from ls -l command and modify the output as follows: I will run ls -l *.mak My results will be aa.mak bb.mak cc.mak I then need to take those results and create a file that has the following info: dsjj/ubin/aa dsjj/ubin/bb dsjj/ubin/cc ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append command and strings to a text file

hi gurus, I'm executing some commands and I want to append both the command and output to a text file. Example: echo "strings -a wicmex.o|grep '$Header'" >> tmp.txt strings -a wicmex.o|grep '$Header' >> tmp.txt echo "strings -a libwip.a|grep '$Header'" >> tmp.txt strings -a libwip.a|grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: donisback
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX command to check if file name ends with .tar OR if the file is a tar file

Hello Team, Would you please help me with a UNIX command that would check if file is a tar file. if we dont have that , can you help me with UNIX command that would check if file ends with .tar Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjaydubey2006
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append files (backup .tar)

Hi all, I have to write a script which will keep for a particular user (username is first argument) backups of the account area to another. The script should accept as the second argument is a directory (or file), create one by storing a copy of the argument (using tar) and copies it to the list... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter20
0 Replies
WWW::Facebook::API::Friends(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  WWW::Facebook::API::Friends(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Facebook::API::Friends - Facebook Friends SYNOPSIS
use WWW::Facebook::API; DESCRIPTION
Methods for accessing friends with WWW::Facebook::API SUBROUTINES
/METHODS base Returns the WWW::Facebook::API base object. new Constructor. get(flid => 'id') The friends.get method of the Facebook API: $response = $client->friends->get(); $response = $client->friends->get(flid => '23432'); get_app_users() The friends.getAppUsers method of the Facebook API: $response = $client->friends->get_app_users; are_friends( uids1 => [ ... ], uids2 => [ ... ] ) The friends.areFriends method of the Facebook API. The two arguments are array refs that make up an associative array: $response = $client->friends->are_friends( uids1 => [1,7,8], uids2 => [2,3,4] ); See the Facebook API Documentation for more information. get_lists() The friends.getLists method of the Facebook API: $response = $client->friends->get_lists; get_mutual_friends( %params ) The friends.getMutualFriends method of the Facebook API: $response = $client->friends->get_mutual_friends( target_uid => $target_uid, source_uid => $source_uid, ); DIAGNOSTICS
None. CONFIGURATION AND ENVIRONMENT
WWW::Facebook::API::Friends requires no configuration files or environment variables. DEPENDENCIES
See WWW::Facebook::API INCOMPATIBILITIES
None reported. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
No bugs have been reported. Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-www-facebook-api@rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org>. AUTHOR
David Romano "<unobe@cpan.org>" LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007-2010, David Romano "<unobe@cpan.org>". All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
BECAUSE THIS SOFTWARE IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE SOFTWARE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE SOFTWARE AS PERMITTED BY THE ABOVE LICENSE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. perl v5.10.1 2010-03-13 WWW::Facebook::API::Friends(3pm)