Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Delete OS from Unix Workstation B2000 Post 302130698 by baloo64 on Tuesday 7th of August 2007 11:29:25 AM
Old 08-07-2007
I would like to wipe the OS from both machines and understand what will happen at the boot after the wipe.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware dummy trying to set up Unix workstation for Oracle at home for practice!

I have been planning to set up a Unix workstation at home to host an Oracle database just for database admin. practice. But I don't know enough about hardware to know whether this can be done on a regular desktop and the required hardware config. If anyone could kindly guide me in this mission I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmanpakdee
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setup unix workstation to print on NT queue ?

how do I setup my unix workstation to print to NT Printer server queue? any helps greatly appreciated. I can setup print staight to printer, however, I can not print it to NT server queue. thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phapvn
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PROM password for UNIX workstation.

Can someone give me the reason why PROM passwords are put on UNIX machines??? Is there a genuinely good, sane and reasonable decision for this??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using RSH to delete workstation directory with a fault tolerence

I'm using a UNIX server to RSH into a Windows 2000 workstation... I want to run a script that deletes two directories and then go to the next workstation. This is what I have now, but if for some reason the file is in use or not responding; the 'script' hangs. I'm wondering if anyone knows of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: search66
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regarding delete command in unix

Hai, The command sed 's/...$//' filename is not working.i need an unix command that works in the command mode i.e in the esc mode.pease let me know the command to delete the last 3 letters in every line of a file .The 3 letters vary from line to line. Regards suneetha. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaddesuneetha
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to delete a column in unix

Hai Please let me know the command in unix(command mode ) from a file that deletes the whole column (not 1st and last column )& replace with numbers starting from 1. Regards suneetha. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaddesuneetha
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX/Linux Distributions on VMware Workstation 6?

Which distributions are known to have great performance, but also excellent ease of use and compatibility on VMware Workstation 6? I have 2GB of real RAM in my system and Windows Vista Home Premium as a host operating system. I can almost always get away with alotting up to 1GB of RAM for my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrrrrrNiceGuy
1 Replies

8. SuSE

Telnet to SCO UNIX from SUSE Linux Workstation

Hi i am new to Linux, i am trying to connect SCO Unix from SUSE LINUX Workstation but i am unable to define the terminal type. i have also downloaded terminal softwares but function keys (f1, f2....) and some other keys are displaying code instead of working the correct function. is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aafflatoon
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete unix directory

I installed membersgear into my website and decided it was not right for me. I issued rm -r on directory membersgear and it deleted everything except the subdirectory templates_c. I have found several directories in this directory which are named like %%114. Ownership on these directories... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdinardo
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies
MACUTIL(1)						      General Commands Manual							MACUTIL(1)

NAME
macutil - A package that deals with MacIntosh files on a Unix system DESCRIPTION
macutil is a package that contains a number of utilities that deal with MacIntosh files on a Unix system. It contains the following pro- grams: binhex Convert files to BinHex 4.0 compatible hexified form. frommac Receives files from the MacIntosh on the Unix system. hexbin Convert hexified files to their MacIntosh format. macsave Save a series of files from a MacBinary stream as individual files. macstream Combine a series of files to a MacBinary stream. macunpack Unpack a MacIntosh archive into its constituents. tomac Transmits files from the Unix system to a MacIntosh. BUGS
This manual page is hopelessly incomplete! SEE ALSO
binhex(1), frommac(1), hexbin(1), macsave(1), macstream(1), macunpack(1), tomac(1) AUTHOR
Dik T. Winter, CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (dik@cwi.nl) 3rd Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1992 MACUTIL(1)