Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers du -s -k differences between two identical directories Post 302130666 by csgonan on Tuesday 7th of August 2007 10:04:15 AM
Old 08-07-2007
Thank you very much. Every answer was helpful.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check the files are Identical or not?

Hi, I am taking backup in every hr and every day, I want to programmatically check my backup files are identical with original files. Any methods are available in Unix scripts? Any idea.? I don't want to download both and compare, I looking for idea to develop a script to read both files and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to get two almost identical rows into one

Hi All, I am having hard time in getting two almost identical rows into one, I know how to do if starting word is unique, anyhow this is my problem Input File: issue1 5167 dum 1 1 kkk 7888 dum 2 1 ffff 7888 dum 2 2 llll 7888 dum 3 1 eee 7888 issue2 7667 dum 2 1 jjjj 8999 dum 2 2 jjjj... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricky315
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare File Differences in different directories

Hello, I am new to scripting and have been trying to compare two different directories, but with all the same file names in each directory for file changes. I have been doing it in baby steps and have been doing pretty good, but I have hit a few snags. Test 1 and Test 2 work great, but my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmaday
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Differences between 2 Flat Files and process the differences

Hi Hope you are having a great weeknd !! I had a question and need your expertise for this : I have 2 files File1 & File2(of same structure) which I need to compare on some columns. I need to find the values which are there in File2 but not in File 1 and put the Differences in another file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_8398
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Differences between 2 directories

Hi, I am trying to write a script under ksh to list all the differences between two directories. For example: # ls test1 test2 I need to compare all the files under between test1 & test2. When I do diff, it only compares the diectoires but it doesn't check inside. I did do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

more than 10 identical lines

I have a file that looks like this 10 user1s, 5 user2s and 10 users3. 10.10.1.1 user1 10.10.1.1 user1 10.10.1.1 user1 10.10.1.1 user1 10.10.1.1 user1 10.10.1.1 user1 10.10.1.1 user1 10.10.1.1 user1 10.10.1.1 user1 10.10.1.1 user1 10.10.1.2 user2 10.10.1.2 user2 10.10.1.2 user2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
7 Replies

7. Ubuntu

reinstall identical system?

I have my Ubuntu system nicely tailored to my needs, with specific software installed, and other things removed. I'd like to build a new PC, and have the identical software configuration on it. Is there some easy way to export the list of installed software to a file? Then have the new machine... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
3 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Help for applying same actions to different directories with identical sub-directories

Hello all I have a situation and would be grateful if you will help me... I am not sure whether it is even possible I have few folders/directories ---e.g. A - B - C -in my MAIN directory for each of them I would get the data from folder called DATA and go through a long list of actions which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Chksum on two directories then copy if they are not identical or existing

How can I have an intelligent script that will copy from source to destination directory if the file doesnt exist there or the chksum is not match. SOURCE directory: for i in `ls` > do > echo $i > md5sum $i > echo "" > done asdasda 00039a616135792fb609d04cf27aed95 asdasda ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare directories and copy differences (files) in a another directory

Hey im working on script that can compare 2 directory and check difference, then copy difference files in third diretory. here is the story: in folder one we have 12 subfolder and in each of them near 500 images hosted. 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 in folder 2 we have same subfolder... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
2 Replies
unbound(8)							   unbound 1.5.1							unbound(8)

NAME
unbound - Unbound DNS validating resolver 1.5.1. SYNOPSIS
unbound [-h] [-d] [-v] [-c cfgfile] DESCRIPTION
Unbound is a caching DNS resolver. It uses a built in list of authoritative nameservers for the root zone (.), the so called root hints. On receiving a DNS query it will ask the root nameservers for an answer and will in almost all cases receive a delegation to a top level domain (TLD) authoritative nameserver. It will then ask that nameserver for an answer. It will recursively continue until an answer is found or no answer is available (NXDO- MAIN). For performance and efficiency reasons that answer is cached for a certain time (the answer's time-to-live or TTL). A second query for the same name will then be answered from the cache. Unbound can also do DNSSEC validation. To use a locally running Unbound for resolving put nameserver 127.0.0.1 into resolv.conf(5). If authoritative DNS is needed as well using nsd(8), careful setup is required because authoritative nameservers and resolvers are using the same port number (53). The available options are: -h Show the version and commandline option help. -c cfgfile Set the config file with settings for unbound to read instead of reading the file at the default location, /var/unbound/unbound.conf. The syntax is described in unbound.conf(5). -d Debug flag: do not fork into the background, but stay attached to the console. This flag will also delay writing to the log file until the thread-spawn time, so that most config and setup errors appear on stderr. If given twice or more, logging does not switch to the log file or to syslog, but the log messages are printed to stderr all the time. -v Increase verbosity. If given multiple times, more information is logged. This is in addition to the verbosity (if any) from the config file. SEE ALSO
unbound.conf(5), unbound-checkconf(8), nsd(8). AUTHORS
Unbound developers are mentioned in the CREDITS file in the distribution. NLnet Labs Dec 8, 2014 unbound(8)