Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming what is stack winding and stack unwinding Post 302130656 by amitpansuria on Tuesday 7th of August 2007 09:24:06 AM
Old 08-07-2007
what is stack winding and stack unwinding

helo can u tell me what do you mean by stack winding and stack unwinding
Regards,
Amit

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

The stack layout

I try to solve the problem https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?p=86595 use stack hack method, I am puzzled the stack layout. under vc6.0, the following code work(in release mode). #include <stdio.h> void change() { int x; int j; (&x) = 5; // if in debug mode, change to (&x) = 5;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChenMing
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stack region

how can i determine that what percentage of stack region is currently is used? (i am using tru64 unix) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakari
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

memory stack

Hello everbody: when issuing the ulimit -a, on my tru64 machone, I get the following: root@billing4# ulimit -a time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) unlimited data(kbytes) 10485760 stack(kbytes) 32768 memory(kbytes) 10190528 coredump(blocks) 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aladdin
1 Replies

4. Programming

Regarding stack analysis

I would like to know how I could do the following : void func(){ int a = 100; b=0; int c = a/b; } void sig_handler (int sig,siginfo_t *info,void *context){ //signal handling function //here I want to access the variables of func() } int main(){ struct sigaction *act =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpraveen84
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel Stack vs User Mode Stack

Hi, I am new to the linux kernel development area. I want to know what is the difference between kernel mode stack and user mode stack? Does each process has a user mode stack and a kernel mode stack?? Or Each process has a user mode stack and there is only one kernel mode stack that is shared by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhkoar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stack Trace

Hi All Thought it would be kind of fun to implement a stack trace for a shell script that calls functions within a sub shell. This is for bash under Linux and probably not portable - #! /bin/bash error_exit() { echo "=======================" echo $1 echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What happens to the stack?

Consider this bad code, edited in Windows and run via CygWin after dos2unix so be aware of any hidden "\r" charatcers... #!/bin/bash n=0 stackit() { eval $1 if then exit 0 fi n=$ echo "$n" stackit stackit } stackit stackit Run under CygWin:- AMIGA:~> cd /tmp AMIGA:/tmp>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
SIGSTACK(2)							System Calls Manual						       SIGSTACK(2)

NAME
sigstack - set and/or get signal stack context SYNOPSIS
#include <signal.h> struct sigstack { caddr_t ss_sp; int ss_onstack; }; sigstack(ss, oss); struct sigstack *ss, *oss; DESCRIPTION
Sigstack allows users to define an alternate stack on which signals are to be processed. If ss is non-zero, it specifies a signal stack on which to deliver signals and tells the system if the process is currently executing on that stack. When a signal's action indicates its handler should execute on the signal stack (specified with a sigvec(2) call), the system checks to see if the process is currently execut- ing on that stack. If the process is not currently executing on the signal stack, the system arranges a switch to the signal stack for the duration of the signal handler's execution. If oss is non-zero, the current signal stack state is returned. NOTES
Signal stacks are not ``grown'' automatically, as is done for the normal stack. If the stack overflows unpredictable results may occur. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, a value of 0 is returned. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
Sigstack will fail and the signal stack context will remain unchanged if one of the following occurs. [EFAULT] Either ss or oss points to memory that is not a valid part of the process address space. SEE ALSO
sigvec(2), setjmp(3) 4.2 Berkeley Distribution June 30, 1985 SIGSTACK(2)