Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Revoke Kernel Access..
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Revoke Kernel Access.. Post 302130599 by ronix007 on Tuesday 7th of August 2007 03:01:09 AM
Old 08-07-2007
Re..

Sorry for any confusion. The problem is one of the group ID is having kernel access. I do not know how the group is having access to kernel, whereas no other groups are having this kernel access ? I need to revoke the kernel access/permission of that particular group.

Hope it's cleasr now !!

Thanks,
Rohit..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Aplication user and kernel mode (data access)

Hi all, I am trying to setup a program to use a device driver and am confusing buffer access between User and Kernel mode. I think all applications running in User space have to communicate with the device drivers using io control calls and then have some functions called back from the driver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brendan Kennedy
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to restrict a user group to access the kernel

Hi, Please any one can help me to know that how we can restrict a user group to access the kernel at all. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishankar
0 Replies

3. Programming

Access process memory from kernel space

Hi, I'm currently working on a project to help the analysis of malware from inside the kernel to avoid any kind of detection. So I need to be able to read the process memory from my kernel module. As of now, I'm stuck at converting a virtual memory address (for example 0x080483e8 found... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anonymoose
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can kernel process access user address space ?

Can kernel process access user address space ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhotech
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel giving access for multiple users to access files

hi all, i want to know y kernel is giving access for multiple users to access a file when one user may be the owner is executing that file. Because other user can manipulate that file when the other user is executing that file, it will give the unexpected result to owner . plz help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyuk
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernel parameters values?

Hi gurus Could anybody tell me which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernal parameters values in solaris. Here I am not taking about /etc/system file which is used to load kernal modules or to change any default system kernal parameter value Is it /dev/kmem file or something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Precaution to access user mode buffers from kernel

When accessing a user mode buffers from kernel space drivers what precautions must we take and how those precautions need to be implemented? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

8. Linux

Unload kernel module at boot time (Debian Wheezy 7.2, 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel)

Hi everyone, I am trying to prevent the ehci_hcd kernel module to load at boot time. Here's what I've tried so far: 1) Add the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (as suggested here): 2) Blacklisted the module by adding the following string to 3) Tried to blacklist the module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudoers - Revoke default policy

I would like to keep my /etc/sudoers file as distributed and only use a /etc/sudoers.d drop-in file instead. Everything is working fine except for permissions given to the wheel group in the distribution sudoers file: ## Allows people in group wheel to run all commands %wheel ALL=(ALL) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chubler_XL
1 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

User banned, requesting to revoke the ban.

My username is abhilashnair. I was banned recently for deleting my post. I wish to apologise for disregarding forum rules. I request you to revoke my ban and give me one more chance if possible, i assure you that I will abide by all rules henceforth Since this is really informative forum and rich... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
3 Replies
INITGROUPS(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     INITGROUPS(3)

NAME
initgroups - initialize the supplementary group access list SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <grp.h> int initgroups(const char *user, gid_t group); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): initgroups(): _BSD_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
The initgroups() function initializes the group access list by reading the group database /etc/group and using all groups of which user is a member. The additional group group is also added to the list. The user argument must be non-NULL. RETURN VALUE
The initgroups() function returns 0 on success. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
ENOMEM Insufficient memory to allocate group information structure. EPERM The calling process has insufficient privilege. See the underlying system call setgroups(2). FILES
/etc/group group database file CONFORMING TO
SVr4, 4.3BSD. SEE ALSO
getgroups(2), setgroups(2), credentials(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2007-07-26 INITGROUPS(3)