Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PL/SQL on UNIX AIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PL/SQL on UNIX AIX Post 302130544 by rahulranjith on Monday 6th of August 2007 04:18:59 PM
Old 08-06-2007
PL/SQL on UNIX AIX

Hello All,

I have a problem in a ksh script in UNIX AIX machine which is using a PL/SQL block.

I tired to execute the following pl/sql block in a ksh script in UNIX AIX machine.

i donot see any syntax error or other problems but this pl/sql block is working fine in linux, why the same pl/sql block is not working for UNIX AIX machine. iam using AIX 5.3

sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF
whenever sqlerror exit failure
connect $User/$Pwd@$DBName
SET FEEDBACK OFF;
SET TERMOUT OFF;
SET ECHO OFF;
BEGIN
DBMS_LOCK.SLEEP(160);
END;
/
exit
EOF

Please let me know if anyboby know the resoultion to this issue.
Thanks

Rahul

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

PL/SQL on UNIX AIX

Hello All, I have a problem in a ksh script in UNIX AIX machine which is using a PL/SQL block. I tired to execute the following pl/sql block in a ksh script in UNIX AIX machine. i donot see any syntax error or other problems but this pl/sql block is working fine in linux, why the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulranjith
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SQL in Unix

Please tell me how i can use SQL in my unix scripts. Please give examples. I just want to start writing some scripts for my use. Looking for ur cooperation. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohit623
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix variables from sql / pl/sql

How do I dynamically assign the below output to unix shell variables so I can build a menu in a shell script? Example: var1 = 1 var2= SYSTEM var3 = 2 var4= UNDOTBS1 and so on, then in the shell script I can use the variables to build a menu. set serveroutput on declare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehres
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

6. AIX

Forwarding AIX syslog/errorlog to remote SQL DB

Due to a project I'm currently tasked with I'm spending my time trying to find a way to forward the syslog to a remote, in this case Red Hat, server and squeezing it into a SQL DB. Rsyslog is doing this job quite nicely for most of our test-servers, but I couldn't find any reliable information on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skleindl
1 Replies

7. AIX

Get Next month in AIX from curent date in unix AIX

How could we derive teh Next month in MON-RR format from current date ie sysdate in UNI AIX sheel script.I coould get a command but i supports only inLinux susse andnotin AIX. I need for Unix AIX.Pls Help. Regards Shiv (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SHIV75
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies

9. AIX

Convert MS Access Queries to AIX SQL

Unix Team, I'm a recent college graduate entering in the " real world" and boy let me tell you it can quite challenging. I just got a job with a large fortune 50 company lets just say that my expectations and tasks have expanded since I first got hired. Last week I got assigned a pretty big... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: techstudent01
9 Replies

10. AIX

Connect to a SQL server from AIX

Hello aix community, After scouring the internet to find a step by step process, I've exhausted my efforts. Although I have learned a lot which brings me to this forum. I'm totally new and hope to ask the right questions. What is the easiest way to connect to a SQL server from aix? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechStudent36
2 Replies
cvm-pgsql(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      cvm-pgsql(8)

NAME
cvm-pgsql - PgSQL module SYNOPSIS
cvm-pgsql CREDENTIALS
Pass phrase DESCRIPTION
This module queries a PgSQL database for the account name, compares the stored pass phrase with the given one using crypt(3). CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The server hostname, port, database, username, password, and additional options can be controlled by setting $PGHOST, $PGPORT, $PGDATABASE, $PGUSER, $PGPASSWORD, and $PGOPTIONS respectively, which are parsed by the PgSQL client library. CVM_MYSQL_POSTQ (optional) The SQL query to execute after the credentials have been validated, see cvm-sql(7). CVM_PGSQL_PWCMP (optional) The password comparison module to use. CVM_PGSQL_QUERY (optional) The SQL query to issue to retrieve the row containing the account information from the database. SEE ALSO
cvm-sql(7), cvm-mysql(8), cvm-pwfile(8), cvm-qmail(8), cvm-unix(8), cvm-vmailmgr(8), cvm-benchclient(8), cvm-checkpassword(8), cvm-test- client(8) http://untroubled.org/pwcmp/pwcmp.html http://untroubled.org/cvm/cvm.html cvm-pgsql(8)