Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: core dump file size
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers core dump file size Post 302130474 by pushp.gahlot on Monday 6th of August 2007 10:37:10 AM
Old 08-06-2007
Thanks Jim.

but i was looking if there is any way we can find out the maximum possible size of generated core file so that we can allocate a 3-4 GB space for core file.

any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pushp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Core dump in HP-UX..

Hi All I am new for this forum. I have a core file by using gdb and bt cmd I got the function name but I want to the exact cause of the core dump because of I can not reproduse the binary so if any one know the cmd plz plz plz let me know. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gyanusoni
0 Replies

3. Programming

how to view a core dump file

by what name does a core dump file stored??? like i wrote a test code: //dump.c main() { char *p=NULL; printf("%s",p); } of course the above code will produce a segmentation fault. but i cant see any file named core in my CWD. am using SUN0S 5.9 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikashtulsiyan
6 Replies

4. AIX

core dump

My application gives core dump. When i am debugging with dbx getting instructions below: pthdb_session.c, 818: 695445 PTHDB_INTERNAL (internal error) pthreaded.c, 1941: PTHDB_INTERNAL (internal error) Illegal instruction (illegal opcode) in . at 0x0 warning: Unable to access address 0x0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bapi
1 Replies

5. Programming

How to use a core dump file

Hi All, May be it is a stupid question, but, I would like to know what is the advantage using a core dump file at the moment of debugging using gdb. I know a core dump has information about the state of the application when it crashed, but, what is the difference between debugging using the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
2 Replies

6. Programming

core dump

how to view core dumped file using gdb and how to extract information from the coredumped file.can we get similar information from the other utilites like strace or ptrace. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manabhanjan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot generate core dump file

Segmentation fault(core dumped) but I cant find core file any where. how to make it out? I try the command:ulimit -c unlimited, I even added it to the .bashrc file.And I removed ulimit setting in /etc/init.d/function. And there's no ulimit setting in /etc/profile. And I tried sudo find /... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
8 Replies

8. HP-UX

Core dump in HP-UX

Hi Guys, I was wondering if somebody could give me a link to a very good source of information or document about core dump process and How to's about it. I have also googled it and found some articles myself. Thanks Messi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to open the core dump file in linux?

Hi, I have got core dump stating "core.bash.29846" so i am unable to open. How to open the core dump file for further analysis? Reagards Vanitha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Problems in reading CORE DUMP file with dbx

I am new to UNIX. My Application is using c (.so files) and Java code. My application crashes and CORE DUMP file is generated ,which is huge. Now I want to view the CORE DUMP file to debug the application using dbx without starting process again. By only using the CORE DUMP file and dbx ,can i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satde
1 Replies
I2C-STUB-FROM-DUMP(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     I2C-STUB-FROM-DUMP(8)

NAME
i2c-stub-from-dump - feed i2c-stub with dump files SYNOPSIS
i2c-stub-from-dump address[,address,...] dump-file [dump-file ...] DESCRIPTION
i2c-stub-from-dump is a small helper script for the i2c-stub kernel driver. It lets you setup one or more fake I2C chips on the i2c-stub bus based on dumps of the chips you want to emulate. i2c-stub-from-dump requires i2cdetect and i2cset to be installed and reachable through the user's PATH. The former is used to find out the i2c-stub bus number, while the latter is used to write to the fake I2C chips. EXAMPLE
You have an I2C chip on system A. You would like to do some development on its driver on system B. Here are the few steps you have to fol- low. On system A, use i2cdump to capture a dump from the chip. Assuming that the chip in question lives at address 0x4c on I2C bus 0, you would run: i2cdump -y 0 0x4c b > chip.dump Adjust the bus number and chip address for your case. i2cdetect can help you find out their values. If the device uses word (16-bit) regis- ter access instead of the traditional byte (8-bit) access, use mode w instead of b. Copy the dump file to system B. On system B, run: i2c-stub-from-dump 0x4c chip.dump This will load the required i2c-dev and i2c-stub kernel drivers if needed, then write all the register values to the emulated I2C chip at address 0x4c. Again, adjust the address as needed. LIMITATIONS
There are some limitations to the kind of devices that can be handled: o Device must not have banks (as most Winbond devices do). SEE ALSO
i2cdump(8), i2cdetect(8), i2cset(8) AUTHOR
Jean Delvare March 2010 I2C-STUB-FROM-DUMP(8)