Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: date in awk
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers date in awk Post 302130417 by matrixmadhan on Monday 6th of August 2007 06:06:00 AM
Old 08-06-2007
try this,

Code:
awk -F"|" 'BEGIN{ "date" | getline dateVal; OFS="|"; while( getline < "2") { arr[$1]=$2 } }{ for (i in arr) { if ($1 == i) { $2=dateVal; $3=arr[i]} } print }' 1

output Smilie

Code:
VALUE|DATE|USER|
123|||
243|Mon Aug  6 15:33:11 IST 2007|RRP|
432|||

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need date in awk

Hello all: Running SunOS 5.6 on a SPARCstation-5...and using bourne shell. This is a line from a script I am writing: LOG=/opt/msplib/sys/logs/alarm.log$* grep "Call Answered" $LOG |wc -l | awk '{ print "Call Answered\t" $1 "\tIVR\t" "AR-a"} It works great, and produces the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use of system date in awk

i'm facing problems in using system date in a awk script... it should display the date in a report in mm/dd/yy format.. please help me in this case.. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish4
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk for date

Hello All, in my script i want to get the month part of date. I need the month part because i will grep logs every month using it. When i run the "date" command i got the below result: serverprod{root}>date Mon Aug 24 14:01:20 EEST 2009 but when i type the below command i got Aug24... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to print date

i want to use awk to print the first,second and add date as third column in a file awk -F"|" ' { print $1,$2,current date }' tom.unl >> top.txt how can i achieve this,i need the comma's to seperate them and finally print current date and time as the third. i want output like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding date when using awk

Hi, I want to print the number of lines of a file along with filename and today's date. Ex: XXX|07-22-2010|8 I am using as wc -c -l file.txt | awk '{print "XXX|",date +"%m-%d-%Y","|",$1}' But this one prints as AAA| 0 | 8 Can anyone please help me on this for printing the date? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aeroticman
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk, splitting date

can any1 explain me hw is below wrking: wat is substr and dd,mmyear used for wat values will go in dese? sdt='31122010235959' sdate=`validate_date $sdt` validate_date() { dt="$1" set `echo $dt | nawk '{ print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: musu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing date into awk...

Hi All.... I need to pass date into awk and parse logfile based on that.... i used both awk and /usr/xpg4/bin/awk... both are throwing up error..... So here is the stuff... when i use /usr/xpg4/bin/awk : DATE=`date '+%Y %b %d'` START=00 END=23 /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -v DATE={"$DATE"} -v... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nithz
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find week of the year for given date using date command inside awk

Hi all, Need an urgent help on the below scenario. script: awk -F"," 'BEGIN { #some variable assignment} { #some calculation and put values in array} END { year=#getting it from array and assume this will be 2014 month=#getting it from array and this will be 05 date=#... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaidhas
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

awk command in hp UNIX subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option

current date command runs well awk -v t="$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat subtract 30 days fails awk -v t="$(date --date="-30days" +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat awk command in hp unix subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option error... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
20 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk IF date comparison help

Hey everyone, I'm trying to create a script using awk and if that will list all of our aws tapes that have archived date that is past 90 days from todays current date, so that I can pass that to my aws command to remove. The fifth column is the creation date in epoch/seconds, so I'm... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: beyondmondays
13 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)