Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris To copy the files newer than specific date Post 302130414 by RAJESHKANNA on Monday 6th of August 2007 05:57:13 AM
Old 08-06-2007
To copy the files newer than specific date

Dear all,
Can you help me in copying files newer than speciifc date

Thanks in advance,
Rajesh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy only newer files? (xcopy equivalent)

Howdy folks. I have a problem - I'm sure the answer is very simple, but I can't work it out. I want to create a UNIX shell script that does what I've been doing in DOS batch files for years - that is, backing up files. By which I mean copying files from a source directory to a target... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chomps
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

copy files with date

Hi, I have a coupel of files in /tmp which I have to copy to /var. But I want their name to be same as the source with date suffix. But the problem is I don;t know the prefix of the file, I only know the suffix of file. AAA.997 ABC.997 ADC.997 The later part 997 is constant but the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isingh786
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively copy only specific files from a directory tree

Hi I am a shell-script newbie and am looking to synchronize certain files in two directory structures. Both these directory-trees are in CVS and so I dont want the CVS directory to be copied over. I want only .sh and .pl files in each subdirectory under these directory trees to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharpsharkrocks
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy newer files without create

I want the same effect as "cp -u" but without create missing files, it is possible ? ps: bash (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrxrsd
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy specific files when you don't know the file name?

I hope this isn't as silly as it sounds from the title of the thread. I have software that outputs files where the name starts with a real number followed by underscore as a prefix to an input file name. These will list in the directory with the file with the smallest real number prefix as the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy specific files and count them - not as easy as it seems!

Hi all: Here's my dilemma: to identify files of a specific type, copy them to a new location while preserving the original file attributes (date, time, full path, etc), and at the same time capture the count of the number of files identified as a variable for later reporting. Here's where I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yamaha Evans
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy a directory without specific files?

Hi I need to copy a huge directory with thousands of files onto another directory but without *.WMV files (and without *.wmv - perhaps we need to use *.). Pls advise how can I do that. Thanks (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync to copy specific subfolders and files to new directory

RootFolderI: RootFolderI/FolderA/Subfolder1/Subsub1/JPG1.jpg -> want this jpg RootFolderI/FolderA/Subfolder2/Subsub1/JPG2.jpg -> want this jpg RootFolderI/FolderA/Subfolder2/Subsub2/JPG3.jpg . . . RootFolderI/FolderB/Subfolder1/Subsub1/JPG4.jpg -> want this jpg ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blocnt
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Specific Files Recursively

Is it possible to only copy selected files+its directories when you are copying recursively? find /OriginalFolder/* -type -d \{ -mtime 1 -o -mtime 2 \ } -exec cp -R {} /CopyTo/'hostname'__CopyTo/ \; -print From the above line, I want to only copy *txt and *ini files from /OriginalFolder/* ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apacheLinux
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy file only if newer

I only want the file copied if it is newer. But it still copies the file? zip -u Ubuntu_Documents.zip ./* cp -u Ubuntu_Documents.zip $DOCS_Backup/Ubuntu_Documents_`date +"%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M"`.zip (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
NCOPY(1)							       ncopy								  NCOPY(1)

NAME
ncopy - NetWare file copy SYNOPSIS
ncopy -V ncopy [ -vmMnpptu ] [ -s amount ] file destinationfile|directory ncopy [ -vmMnpptu ] [ -s amount ] file1 [ file2 ... ] directory ncopy -r [ -vmMnpptu ] [ -s amount ] srcdir dstdir DESCRIPTION
With ncopy you can copy files to different locations on a single NetWare file server without generating excess network traffic. The pro- gram uses a NetWare function to do the copy rather than transferring the file across the network for both the read and write. If the last argument is a directory, ncopy will copy the source file(s) into the directory. If only two files are given and the last argu- ment is not a directory, it will copy the source file to the destination file. If the source and destination files are not on the same NetWare server (or are not on NetWare servers at all), ncopy will do a normal file copy. OPTIONS
-V Show version number and exit -v Verbose copy. Will show current file and percentage completion. -m Copy MAC resource fork. Copies MAC resource fork together with data fork. -M Copy MAC resource fork to/from non-MAC filesystem. It expects/creates resource forks in subdirectory .rsrc of each directory copied. If you want to copy files from MAC volume to .rsrc scheme, you must specify both options, -mM. It is not possible to create .rsrc direc- tory on MAC-aware volume in one step, you must first copy data to non-MAC media using ncopy -mM and then copy them back using ncopy -M. If you want to copy files from .rsrc scheme on MAC volume to real MAC multiple-forks file, you must first copy data to non-MAC filesys- tem using ncopy -M and then copy them back using ncopy -mM. -n Nice NetWare copy. Will sleep for a second between copying blocks on the NetWare server. Gives other people a chance to do some work on the NetWare server when you are copying large files. This has no effect if you are not copying on a NetWare server. -s amount Nice time slice factor. Used in conjunction with the -n option, this specifies the number of 100K blocks to copy before sleeping. Default is 10. (1 Megabyte) -p Preserve file attributes and date/time during copy. -pp Preserve file attributes, date/time and owner during copy. Name of owner is preserved, not owner ID. -t Preserve trustees during copy. Trustee name is preserved, not ID. -r Perform recursive copy. -u Perform copy only if mtime or size differs. BUGS
ncopy does not preserve long (MAC, NFS, FTAM, OS2) names during copy. SEE ALSO
ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
ncopy was written by Brian G. Reid (breid@tim.com) and Tom C. Henderson (thenderson@tim.com). Many thanks to Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) for the ncpfs and ncplib which made ncopy possible. Some further work was done by Petr Vandrovec (van- drove@vc.cvut.cz). ncopy 17/03/1996 NCOPY(1)