Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find explantion needed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find explantion needed Post 302130332 by Perderabo on Sunday 5th of August 2007 11:27:42 AM
Old 08-05-2007

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help on find with chmod.. urgent help needed

Hello to all Unix gurus.. I am writing a generic script which takes the options of unix command as input and concatenate all the pieces and forms a complete executable command. I am getting an error with the following command as I am resetting my own permission on the root directory. When the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdlayeeq
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and Replace code help needed

I have a file "dbshot.xml" that contains lines that need replacing in a batch format but the parameters are based on two lines. Ex. <role roletype="01"> <status>1 needs to be changed to <role roletype="01"> <status>0 I can't use simply "<status>1" replace since the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: E Orgill
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and Remove help needed!!!!

thank you for the help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scooter17
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FIND and REMOVE HELP NEEDED!!!

Hello, I am aware of that Find command finds certain files and remove command removes certain files. However, is there a way to Find certain DIRECTORY and remove that DIRECTORY? thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scooter17
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed with find command

Hi Guys, Can someone help with this. I have to find out a file name which calls the following sql script "abhishek_to_sdw.sql". In other words it contains a pattern like "abhishek_to_sdw.sql". I have found out using "find" command that the file abhishek_to_sdw.sql is existing on the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Assistance Needed With Find/Replace in Vi

Hello All I have always had a question about find and replace in Vi. As this uses Vi, sed, and RegEx I never knew how or where to post the question but I thought I would give it a shot here. Say I have a text file filled with the following: Sue, your IP address is 192.168.1.10 which is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoSalt
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi, I'm a complete noobie at UNIX and have hit a problem. I'm using the 'Talend' ETL tool to try and extract flat files from UNIX on a weekly basis. The dates are maintained in a control table and the appropriate folder has been mounted. I am using a component in 'Talend' which enable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markee
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find/mail help needed

so I saved a mail message of mine to a new dir/file My question is how do I find the path to my file containing my saved email from my home dir prompt in unix? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drew211
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find with prune option help needed

Hello, I am using ksh93 (/usr/dt/bin/dtksh) on Solaris and am stuck when trying to use find with the -prune option. I need to search a directory (supplied in a variable) for files matching a certain pattern, but ignore any sub-directories. I have tried: find ${full_path_to_dir_to_search}... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary_w
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi! hi I used find command to find some file names as per input from user. I used it for current directory. It was working fine. Now I tried with giving some other directory path. Its giving issues. Here what I tried. Script will take input from user say 1_abc.txt, find the file and print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
6 Replies
apache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::APR:UserfContributed Perl Docapache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::APR::Finfo(3)

NAME
APR::Finfo - Perl API for APR fileinfo structure Synopsis use APR::Finfo (); use APR::Const -compile => qw(FINFO_NORM); my $finfo = APR::Finfo::stat("/tmp/test", APR::Const::FINFO_NORM, $pool); $device = $finfo->device; # (stat $file)[0] $inode = $finfo->inode; # (stat $file)[1] # stat returns an octal number while protection is hex $prot = $finfo->protection; # (stat $file)[2] $nlink = $finfo->nlink; # (stat $file)[3] $gid = $finfo->group; # (stat $file)[4] $uid = $finfo->user; # (stat $file)[5] $size = $finfo->size; # (stat $file)[7] $atime = $finfo->atime; # (stat $file)[8] $mtime = $finfo->mtime; # (stat $file)[9] $ctime = $finfo->ctime; # (stat $file)[10] $csize = $finfo->csize; # consumed size: not portable! $filetype = $finfo->filetype; # file/dir/socket/etc $fname = $finfo->fname; $name = $finfo->name; # in filesystem case: # valid fields that can be queried $valid = $finfo->valid; Description APR fileinfo structure provides somewhat similar information to Perl's "stat()" call, but you will want to use this module's API to query an already "stat()'ed" filehandle to avoid an extra system call or to query attributes specific to APR file handles. During the HTTP request handlers coming after "PerlMapToStorageHandler", "$r->finfo" already contains the cached values from the apr's "stat()" call. So you don't want to perform it again, but instead get the "ARP::Finfo" object via: my $finfo = $r->finfo; API
"APR::Finfo" provides the following functions and/or methods: "atime" Get the time the file was last accessed: $atime = $finfo->atime; obj: $finfo ( "APR::Finfo object" ) return: $atime ( integer ) Last access time in seconds since the epoch since: 2.0.00 This method returns the same value as Perl's: (stat $filename)[8] Note that this method may not be reliable on all platforms, most notably Win32 -- FAT32 filesystems appear to work properly, but NTFS filesystems do not. "csize" Get the storage size consumed by the file $csize = $finfo->csize; obj: $finfo ( "APR::Finfo object" ) return: $csize ( integer ) since: 2.0.00 Chances are that you don't want to use this method, since its functionality is not supported on most platforms (in which case it always returns 0). "ctime" Get the time the file was last changed $ctime = $finfo->ctime; obj: $finfo ( "APR::Finfo object" ) return: $ctime ( integer ) Inode change time in seconds since the epoch since: 2.0.00 This method returns the same value as Perl's: (stat $filename)[10] The ctime field is non-portable. In particular, you cannot expect it to be a "creation time", see "Files and Filesystems" in the perlport manpage for details. "device" Get the id of the device the file is on. $device = $finfo->device; obj: $finfo ( "APR::Finfo object" ) return: $device ( integer ) since: 2.0.00 This method returns the same value as Perl's: (stat $filename)[0] Note that this method is non-portable. It doesn't work on all platforms, most notably Win32. "filetype" Get the type of file. $filetype = $finfo->filetype; obj: $finfo ( "APR::Finfo object" ) return: $filetype ( ":filetype constant" ) since: 2.0.00 For example: use APR::Pool; use APR::Finfo; use APR::Const -compile => qw(FILETYPE_DIR FILETYPE_REG FINFO_NORM); my $pool = APR::Pool->new(); my $finfo = APR::Finfo::stat("/tmp", APR::Const::FINFO_NORM, $pool); my $finfo = $finfo->filetype; if ($finfo == APR::Const::FILETYPE_REG) { print "regular file"; } elsif ($finfo == APR::Const::FILETYPE_REG) { print "directory"; } else { print "other file"; } Since /tmp is a directory, this will print: directory "fname" Get the pathname of the file (possibly unrooted) $fname = $finfo->fname; obj: $finfo ( "APR::Finfo object" ) return: $filetype ( string ) since: 2.0.00 "group" Get the group id that owns the file: $gid = $finfo->group; obj: $finfo ( "APR::Finfo object" ) return: $gid ( number ) since: 2.0.00 This method returns the same value as Perl's: (stat $filename)[5] Note that this method may not be meaningful on all platforms, most notably Win32. Incorrect results have also been reported on some versions of OSX. "inode" Get the inode of the file. $inode = $finfo->inode; obj: $finfo ( "APR::Finfo object" ) return: $inode ( integer ) since: 2.0.00 This method returns the same value as Perl's: (stat $filename)[1] Note that this method may not be meaningful on all platforms, most notably Win32. "mtime" The time the file was last modified $mtime = $finfo->mtime; obj: $finfo ( "APR::Finfo object" ) return: $mtime ( integer ) Last modify time in seconds since the epoch since: 2.0.00 This method returns the same value as Perl's: (stat $filename)[9] "name" Get the file's name (no path) in filesystem case: $name = $finfo->name; obj: $finfo ( "APR::Finfo object" ) return: $device ( string ) since: 2.0.00 "nlink" Get the number of hard links to the file. $nlink = $finfo->nlink; obj: $finfo ( "APR::Finfo object" ) return: $nlink ( integer ) since: 2.0.00 This method returns the same value as Perl's: (stat $filename)[3] "protection" Get the access permissions of the file. Mimics Unix access rights. $prot = $finfo->protection; obj: $finfo ( "APR::Finfo object" ) return: $prot ( ":fprot constant" ) since: 2.0.00 This method returns the same value as Perl's: (stat $filename)[2] Note: Perl's stat returns an octal number while mod_perl's "protection" returns a hex number. See perldoc -f stat and APR's file_io for more information on each. "size" Get the size of the file $size = $finfo->size; obj: $finfo ( "APR::Finfo object" ) return: $size ( integer ) Total size of file, in bytes since: 2.0.00 This method returns the same value as Perl's: (stat $filename)[7] "stat" Get the specified file's stats. $finfo = APR::Finfo::stat($fname, $wanted_fields, $p); arg1: $fname ( string ) The path to the file to "stat()". arg2: $wanted_fields ( ":finfo constant" ) The desired fields, as a bitmask flag of "APR::FINFO_*" constants. Notice that you can also use the constants that already combine several elements in one. For example "APR::Const::FINFO_PROT" asks for all protection bits, "APR::Const::FINFO_MIN" asks for the following fields: type, mtime, ctime, atime, size and "APR::Const::FINFO_NORM" asks for all atomic unix "apr_stat()" fields (similar to perl's "stat()"). arg3: $p ( "APR::Pool object" ) the pool to use to allocate the file stat structure. ret: $finfo ( "APR::Finfo object" ) since: 2.0.00 For example, here is how to get most of the "stat" fields: use APR::Pool (); use APR::Finfo (); use APR::Const -compile => qw(FINFO_NORM); my $pool = APR::Pool->new(); my $finfo = APR::Finfo::stat("/tmp/test", APR::Const::FINFO_NORM, $pool); "user" Get the user id that owns the file: $uid = $finfo->user; obj: $finfo ( "APR::Finfo object" ) return: $uid ( number ) since: 2.0.00 This method returns the same value as Perl's: (stat $filename)[4] Note that this method may not be meaningful on all platforms, most notably Win32. "valid" The bitmask describing valid fields of this apr_finfo_t structure including all available 'wanted' fields and potentially more $valid = $finfo->valid; obj: $finfo ( "APR::Finfo object" ) arg1: $valid ( bitmask ) This bitmask flag should be bit-OR'ed against ":finfo constant" constants. since: 2.0.00 See Also mod_perl 2.0 documentation. Copyright mod_perl 2.0 and its core modules are copyrighted under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. Authors The mod_perl development team and numerous contributors. perl v5.16.2 2011-02-07 apache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::APR::Finfo(3)